Change the Amount of Mythic Tier Encounters

Athusk
348 posts Member
edited June 2018
There is nothing more frustrating and time wasting than to go through 7/8 encounters with a breeze and get blown out of the water on the 8th encounter from the preloaded TM.

I have no issue with the preloaded TM to provide a challenge. However, I would like to change the amount of encounters so it’s not as time wasting, perhaps to a reasonable amount, say 4 encounters...

On another note, what teams have you used to beat the mythic tier?

Replies

• Options
    This is part of the difficulty same with the ground assault with seps. It works pretty well! Not only are they wearing down your toons but also your patience. Feeling frustrated, that’s the point.

I beat it last time with CLS raid han Chirurt Ezra and r2. I forgot the kill order for the palp wave but there is a bug with the event- if you use the special event ability in the first wave it continues throughout the whole event. Use the event ability for all toons - auto till you see kren and co. Auto again till you see zeers and co and then I think stun Vader. Gluck!
  • Options
    zCLS G12, zHan G12, zzR2 G12,Baze G12, Chirrut G11, all 7*

Make use of stuns and TMR in last tier.
  • Options
    zzzCLS, zzR2, zRaid Han, Chaze, all 7* all g12. Can’t beat it. Maybe I’m just not landing enough stuns.

But I don’t really care. I 3 starred it last time. 2 omegas aren’t worth the headache that it causes. If he rewards we’re at least a chance at gear and shards, then I’d care.
  • Options
    Absolutely. 8 is a huge time waste when I can do it on auto until phase 7 when I set up my cooldowns for phase 8.
  • Options
    That's the point. There's a certain amount of RNG that is impossible to program around. To combat the rerunning of events by players that don't have the requisite character comp and development you simply make the event really long and it prevents people from attempting 10+ times. The purpose of these mythic events is to encourage people to develop characters. You're bothered by it because you want to attempt it multiple times. Don't.

I couldn't beat the separatist mythic event. Tried twice. Moved on. No big deal.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    That's the point. There's a certain amount of RNG that is impossible to program around. To combat the rerunning of events by players that don't have the requisite character comp and development you simply make the event really long and it prevents people from attempting 10+ times. The purpose of these mythic events is to encourage people to develop characters. You're bothered by it because you want to attempt it multiple times. Don't.

I couldn't beat the separatist mythic event. Tried twice. Moved on. No big deal.

The thing is, we can still beat it, it just takes more time than it needs to. I beat it last time and I beat it this time, but because of all of the phases it drags out, only for me to lose because a single character didn't have enough TM to use his ability before Vader. My Chirrut makes or breaks the entire battle. Nothing else matters. We're just saying, instead of 8 phases, how about 4, because they are all just filler. NOBODY loses or wins because of phase 5. Or 6. Or 3. Or 4. Or anything except the final. Either you can beat the final or you can't, but there's no way that having 4 or 12 stages matters. You'll have a healer either way. Healers heal. It's what they do. It's like killing a NS Zombie over and over. It just stalls you, it doesn't kill you. Don't get me started talking NS either, you know what I am saying. By herself, she doesn't kill anyone. Same with the early phases.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Athusk wrote: »

Tried twice. Failed the first time with a CLS lead. Then I switched to a ROLO lead. ROLO G11,CLS G12, R2 G12, Raid Han G12 and Chirrut G10. Zeta’s on all except ROLO. Her lead is perfect for this event. I did lose Chirrut and Raid Han in the final stage. I found this team has enough counter attack potential to make the CLS lead redundant. Buff immunity on ROLO’s basic attack was paramount in the last stage. I would argue that ROLO’s basic attack is one of the most underrated basic attacks in the game. None of the RG’s could get their taunt off and I dispatched Palpsmear and Thrawn quickly.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Tried twice. Failed the first time with a CLS lead. Then I switched to a ROLO lead. ROLO G11,CLS G12, R2 G12, Raid Han G12 and Chirrut G10. Zeta’s on all except ROLO. Her lead is perfect for this event. I did lose Chirrut and Raid Han in the final stage. I found this team has enough counter attack potential to make the CLS lead redundant. Buff immunity on ROLO’s basic attack was paramount in the last stage. I would argue that ROLO’s basic attack is one of the most underrated basic attacks in the game. None of the RG’s could get their taunt off and I dispatched Palpsmear and Thrawn quickly.

I love ROLO. I've been working hard to get her to G12 (currently G10+5). It's not easy... one of the toughest gears by far
  • Options
    DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

The thing is, we can still beat it, it just takes more time than it needs to. I beat it last time and I beat it this time, but because of all of the phases it drags out, only for me to lose because a single character didn't have enough TM to use his ability before Vader. My Chirrut makes or breaks the entire battle. Nothing else matters. We're just saying, instead of 8 phases, how about 4, because they are all just filler. NOBODY loses or wins because of phase 5. Or 6. Or 3. Or 4. Or anything except the final. Either you can beat the final or you can't, but there's no way that having 4 or 12 stages matters. You'll have a healer either way. Healers heal. It's what they do. It's like killing a NS Zombie over and over. It just stalls you, it doesn't kill you. Don't get me started talking NS either, you know what I am saying. By herself, she doesn't kill anyone. Same with the early phases.

That's exactly my point. The stronger the team, the more you can minimize RNG. RNG = relying on Chirrut to get off tenacity up before Vader goes. Having a long event prevents someone relying solely on Chirrut getting tenacity up before Vader from attempting it multiple times.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

Hmm interesting with ROLO sadly I don’t have her geared up. However I did slot Chirrut and Baze in and did get better progress. I’ll probably try once more tonight before giving up on it
  • Options
    Ackbar RHan CLS Chirrut StHan. It can be tough keeping StHan alive through the 4th round, but if you can get him to 8 and pop taunt, good to go. Spam the event special.