New gear 12 all gives +6 speed

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Call it G12+ gear. G13 is G13.

Or call it "enjoy your **** rewards, lower tier guilds" gear.
    Think I'll stick with G12+

• FitzChivalry
    56 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »
    We also have to take into consideration that the gear will not be easy to obtain. It could take weeks to get one piece.

Not when it drops fully crafted.

It will NOT drop fully crafted. You can get at most a "crafted" component if you finish in top 3, from my understandings. One single piece of this gear demands many components, it will take weeks or even months to craft one.

This is completely incorrect. Here's a guild mates drop from the HSith we finished earlier today:
    ay5h1hoc0usv.png

If he had the same drop a few days from now (so 2 raids total) he would have all the g12+ needed to craft a full piece.

The more alarming thing? That's not even needing that full drop - those 2 salvage drops of 25 and 20 are half a full g12+. Honestly, including the full drops, it wouldn't be that difficult to average a full piece per raid.

CG's idea of "balance". :D

Good game. Goodnight.

You're right, I retract what I said. I finished 3rd today on HSTR and got an "old" g12 crafted piece and some salvages for g12+. The fun part is that a mate who finished 9th got a crafted g12+ piece AND another g12 crafted piece.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

Or call it "enjoy your crappy rewards, lower tier guilds" gear.
    Ultra wrote: »

Or call it "enjoy your **** rewards, lower tier guilds" gear.
    Think I'll stick with G12+

It does roll off the tongue better but it's not as accurate. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Allot more then 20 Guilds can do HSith. Especially with the work being done by you-tubers to educate on teams that can do each phase. You do not need 50 whales to do Heroic

I am in a largely FTP guild that has Heroic on farm... I do not fear us losing our Handful of PTP players. Because its not in their best interest. Currently they can easily take one of the top 10 spots, and get the G13 gear (sorry do not know what call it), if they left and joined a guild full of 49 other PTP players they would get less G13 gear, or in the least have to work harder for it.

What G13 gear will do in PTP guilds is cause players to compete with each other, and spend even more(the whole point I guess). I think some whales in 180mil GP guilds will leave and join 130mil GP guilds in order have an easier time getting top gear.

I do find it ironic that a few months ago they tried to change raid payouts to a flat reward system. And now have opted to amplify the imbalance between top a lower ranks.

I reserve judgement on the changes... keeping gear 13 to the top 10 (perhaps 20 would be better) might be a good thing as in encourages participation.

Your understanding of the problem caused by this ridiculously top-heavy reward structure is completely backwards. It's the 49 whales in the other guilds (or the f2p below the handful of p2p in your guild) that are going to go out an look for other, weaker guilds, to "help".

But yes, the new rewards system clearly amplifies the imbalance - not keeps it in check. And it will do so incredibly quickly given the huge difference between top 10 rewards and everyone else.

As someone who was around for mod-gate, this update will be much worse for the game in the long run, as it undercuts the very core of the current game.

There are really are many talented people who work for this game - it's really too bad that the ones who make decisions about raid reward structures are attempting to ruin it for the rest of them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Muahaha... look at these Jedi speaking of balance and fairness... pitiful... let the hate flow... let the strong prevail.... The weak have no place at the top. Only through power can we finally bring peace and order to the galaxy. Lord Vader, fetch my slippers.
  • Options
    Allot more then 20 Guilds can do HSith. Especially with the work being done by you-tubers to educate on teams that can do each phase. You do not need 50 whales to do Heroic

I am in a largely FTP guild that has Heroic on farm... I do not fear us losing our Handful of PTP players. Because its not in their best interest. Currently they can easily take one of the top 10 spots, and get the G13 gear (sorry do not know what call it), if they left and joined a guild full of 49 other PTP players they would get less G13 gear, or in the least have to work harder for it.

What G13 gear will do in PTP guilds is cause players to compete with each other, and spend even more(the whole point I guess). I think some whales in 180mil GP guilds will leave and join 130mil GP guilds in order have an easier time getting top gear.

I do find it ironic that a few months ago they tried to change raid payouts to a flat reward system. And now have opted to amplify the imbalance between top a lower ranks.

I reserve judgement on the changes... keeping gear 13 to the top 10 (perhaps 20 would be better) might be a good thing as in encourages participation.

Your understanding of the problem caused by this ridiculously top-heavy reward structure is completely backwards. It's the 49 whales in the other guilds (or the f2p below the handful of p2p in your guild) that are going to go out an look for other, weaker guilds, to "help".

But yes, the new rewards system clearly amplifies the imbalance - not keeps it in check. And it will do so incredibly quickly given the huge difference between top 10 rewards and everyone else.

As someone who was around for mod-gate, this update will be much worse for the game in the long run, as it undercuts the very core of the current game.

There are really are many talented people who work for this game - it's really too bad that the ones who make decisions about raid reward structures are attempting to ruin it for the rest of them.

While I agree with you, unfortunately these days its harder to help other weaker guilds with Territory Battle and Territory war commitments to your home guuld.

But yes in theory 10 good roster players could go help a mid tier guild get across the line.
  • Ranfon
    524 posts Member
    Options
    They really made an error with the new gear by giving a blanket +12 speed rather than adjusting which toons get certain stats to strengthen certain factions or toons more than others.

A blanket +12 speed makes the gear a pure have vs. have not rather than a strategic decision on how you choose to allocate resources.

The game is over the top on this these days.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

While I agree with you, unfortunately these days its harder to help other weaker guilds with Territory Battle and Territory war commitments to your home guuld.

But yes in theory 10 good roster players could go help a mid tier guild get across the line.

except why would they.... they can only do 2 raids a week...sometimes 3...

• Options
    Ah yes I should abandon my long-time guild so I can stay competitive in arena. What a great model.

That model sounds like Capitalism in essence to me.

But... ( there's always a but), free market of the players should decide and not "invisible hands" of CG producers milking for their maximum profits.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    Ah yes I should abandon my long-time guild so I can stay competitive in arena. What a great model.

That model sounds like Capitalism in essence to me.

But... ( there's always a but), free market of the players should decide and not "invisible hands" of CG producers milking for their maximum profits.

Actually, it’s more like communism to me: whatever you have, you only get shiny new rewards only if you’re in the right guild... not your own assets, merits or even money won’t help you at all.
  • Camakin
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I’m in a guild that’s mostly f2p and we have hSTR on farm. We have 2-3 whales that don’t take top 10 in it sometimes not even top 20 but 4 of our f2p players take in the top 5 and place first every time. It took us months to gear and mod the right squads to do this. Pumping a bunch of money into buying crystals and new toons did not. Now that Forehead Rey has been out a third time there’s no reason every guild that’s not new doesn’t have 35-40+ of that squad. There’s only 5-7 teams that work for hSTR- JTR, Phoenix, zKRU First Order, Nightsisters, Chex Mix and now GMY Jedi and almost all of them are purely f2p. There comes a day when your guild realizes that they need to gear those teams to g11minimum g12 preferred and mod them properly to beat the raid. Quit crying and get to work
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    My feedback.

I have ZERO issue with introducing new higher gear pieces into the game. I have issues with that gear being locked behind raid few people can get into because of the dev teams poor reward design in tiers 1-6 that makes it impossible to move up tiers. I have issues with gear pieces that add speed when the devs have said they want to fix the current speed meta. I have an issue because this speed on the gear will more than likely lock people out of placing highly in their arena and ship shards. Ignore all the other stat increases on the gear and just focus on the speed. You add all those other stats, and it won't keep someone from placing in the top 10 or 5 in their shard if they don't have access to that gear. You add in the speed, and now he can't compete with anyone in his shard who has access to it. Snap of a finger, as simple as that. Remove the speed from these gear pieces and they are fine. Heck just add them to the guild events store and it would be fine. But you can't lock a huge speed boost behind a wall that only 2% of the playing population can have access to.
  • Cadmus
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, on the positive side, I can finally start redistributing my $500 monthly gaming budget to something other than swgoh,as spending isnt going to get me any significant advantage. Won't get me traya before anyone, wobt get me better gear.

Seems like a ftp friendly move, which is cool.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter as long as you got people willing to make shard chats on other programs like discord and line. Speed doesn't matter when you have 20+people preventing you from. Moving up at every turn.
  • Options
    As the top GP player (2.5M+) in a 40M GP guild that I dont want to leave because I like the people- this, like everything about the Sith raid, sucks. We generally do T2 or T3 because at least we finish them quickly and get guild currency. There is no incentive to go harder, because we can't do HSTR. Bad game design and community management all around.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Options
    Cadmus wrote: »
    Yeah, on the positive side, I can finally start redistributing my $500 monthly gaming budget to something other than swgoh,as spending isnt going to get me any significant advantage. Won't get me traya before anyone, wobt get me better gear.

Seems like a ftp friendly move, which is cool.

If you spend $500 a month on this game you either have ton of disposable income, or you have an issue. Regardless, I’m not here to say where one spends mone haha.

I do suppose that is one way of looking at it lol.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Doesn't matter as long as you got people willing to make shard chats on other programs like discord and line. Speed doesn't matter when you have 20+people preventing you from. Moving up at every turn.

Two completely separate issues. From my experience the only reason you'd be ganged up on is because you are messing with other people's payout. Go find them and make peace.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My beef is these new pieces require... you guessed it... mkV stun guns and mk3 carbanti.

As if they weren't required enough already..... But I suppose the target audience of the devs is people with 4M GP who had no need for those pieces anymore
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    There is a positive for board line guilds close to completing the HSTR, giant whale guilds that have 20 -30 that are near equivalent in raid performance, might see a few drop to struggling guilds to insure themselves a top 10 finish if not top 3. That g12 is real nice.
    If everyone in those top guilds want to remain in the top of the arena payouts, they almost have to help others on the cusp. Meaning more guilds will now complete the HSTR, making more g12 distribution to all.
    IMO
  • Cadmus
    28 posts Member
    Options
    Athusk wrote: »

If you spend $500 a month on this game you either have ton of disposable income, or you have an issue. Regardless, I’m not here to say where one spends mone haha.

I do suppose that is one way of looking at it lol.

It's a combination of the two. Enough income that this has zero effect on my financial health (old, divorced, no kids, girlfriend hid my PS4, etc.), but still starting to feel a little dirty when I purchase these days. Nothing is really worth it... it's like paying full price for a car, them giving you a steering wheel and saying come back next week for a special price on tires.
  • Options
    Camakin wrote: »
    I’m in a guild that’s mostly f2p and we have hSTR on farm. We have 2-3 whales that don’t take top 10 in it sometimes not even top 20 but 4 of our f2p players take in the top 5 and place first every time. It took us months to gear and mod the right squads to do this. Pumping a bunch of money into buying crystals and new toons did not. Now that Forehead Rey has been out a third time there’s no reason every guild that’s not new doesn’t have 35-40+ of that squad. There’s only 5-7 teams that work for hSTR- JTR, Phoenix, zKRU First Order, Nightsisters, Chex Mix and now GMY Jedi and almost all of them are purely f2p. There comes a day when your guild realizes that they need to gear those teams to g11minimum g12 preferred and mod them properly to beat the raid. Quit crying and get to work

Yeah I don't believe you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    To summarize, P2P guilds will stay on top, while F2P guilds will likely lose their P2P players.

The new G12 should be released in a fashion that should not be exclusive to the Heroic tier. It creates quite a big power gap between players in my opinion.

You couldn't be more wrong, p2p expedites the progress, it doesn't earn you winning

P2P guilds will be able to do the HSR no problem, there are several people I know that even told me they can post 0 in the HSR and still get rewards.

F2P players can do heroic STR as well. I'm F2P and yesterday evening I did more than 6 million dmg in heroic STR. I even missed phase 1 and joined in when phase 2 was already down to 15%. Many F2P players can do far better than me. A guild of F2P players only can easily do heroic STR. Easpecialy now after the 3rd JTR event has occured and GMY has been reworked. It's not a question of paying. It's all about building the teams for doing heroic STR.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    ve2d20mzcrm1.jpg

Not just top 3. Also #11+ get total garbage. If not for Traya this raid has nothing for guys past top 10 after the "update".
    Rest of us gets handful of old g12 salvage and in case no one noticed - g12 gear is required to craft new one.

I just reached rank 15 yesterday evening, and I'm happy with the rewards. No, there was no fully crafted g12 gear, but still I'm happy with crafted g11 gear (golden eyeball) and b alvages for the new g12+ gear on top of that. Not at all garbage.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Camakin wrote: »

Yeah I don't believe you.

It's mostly true wether you believe it or not. Your disbelief doesn't change that.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    There is a positive for board line guilds close to completing the HSTR, giant whale guilds that have 20 -30 that are near equivalent in raid performance, might see a few drop to struggling guilds to insure themselves a top 10 finish if not top 3. That g12 is real nice.
    If everyone in those top guilds want to remain in the top of the arena payouts, they almost have to help others on the cusp. Meaning more guilds will now complete the HSTR, making more g12 distribution to all.
    IMO

We have a moderator who is advocating guilds splitting up. No content in this game should drive people to leave the guilds they are in period.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    IMO

We have a moderator who is advocating guilds splitting up. No content in this game should drive people to leave the guilds they are in period.

You aren't driven to leave your guild. You are driven to work together, improve your guild, recruit if necessary and farm the appropriate toons if u wish to remain competitive. Take the steps necessary or accept that u aren't as driven/competitive as others and don't deserve the same as those that are. U r not entitled to anything. Earn it. Work for it. Focus on it. Get it.

Those pieces will b available elsewhere later...I don't hear HSR guild members that don't place in the top complaining. They wont get their gear as fast either and hear me out...

I can't imagine 12 speed making or breaking u. If 12 is that important and u think it will keep u out of the top, u weren't at the top b4. And...by the time ppl have +12 on their 5 arena toons, the meta will change and u r on equal footing again.

I'm in an HSR guild. I have Sion and Traya. I still place 1st in arena w/ Nightsisters on a launch shard and smoke JTR, EP/Traya and Rex/Wampa squads. 12 speed is negligible and the difference of switching to speed sets. It's not a big deal
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I never advocated breaking up guilds. :)
    I think that more developed teams will help under performing guilds reach the HSTR.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I never advocated breaking up guilds. :)
    I think that more developed teams will help under performing guilds reach the HSTR.

...by leaving their present guild.

You shouldn't have to switch guilds to progress in the game. Period. Full stop.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    *Edited
    Post edited by Nitrogen on
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Heyo!

A quick reminder - while we might all have differing opinions on gear, monetization approaches, etc. let's remember to be mindful of each others' opinions and be respectful. Thanks!