Please provide an "out" for endless loops in Dark Side TB

2Next

Replies

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    Well, it's a non-issue for me personally because it never happens, but i agree that it's bad game design that you have to force close a "WAI" battle if you want to continue playing the game.
  • Boov wrote: »
    Well, it's a non-issue for me personally because it never happens, but i agree that it's bad game design that you have to force close a "WAI" battle if you want to continue playing the game.

Agreed, it's a non-issue for me too. But this Feedback forum is the appropriate place for feedback on game aspects that are "working as intended."
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's a poor team choice because the ability is stated for both side and can be a foreseeable interaction by the player.

Nope, it was a quick fix to a gross oversight when they reworked NS which spawned the paper zombie nonsense. Which only concerned them in their precious STR. Showed it to some dev friends because they told me to stop exaggerating (Took a video). They replied "Oh come on, they wouldn't.. no s... I was wrong.."

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

Agreed, it's a non-issue for me too. But this Feedback forum is the appropriate place for feedback on game aspects that are "working as intended."

After giving it some thought, i can't think of any downsides to being able to retreat during the enemy's turn, nor any upsides to only being able to retreat during your own turn for that matter.
    That seems more user friendly and less complicated than hidden timers or x amount of abilities used without eliminating a toon.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

After giving it some thought, i can't think of any downsides to being able to retreat during the enemy's turn, nor any upsides to only being able to retreat during your own turn for that matter.
    That seems more user friendly and less complicated than hidden timers or x amount of abilities used without eliminating a toon.

This is something I've never understood about this game. Why turn off the ability to access the menus unless its your turn. When I'm sitting there waiting to die from ewoks taking 50 turns as I failed to take care of logray soon enough in the run, I want to quit without force closing, lol.
  • Darthsyn
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I would like to agree that this is a bug. This was the first time I have experienced it and looking at the footage if this does not look like it's never ending then tell me it doesn't but it is and the it's not the fault of the NS team either. Also notice how it's the same 3 characters attacking none of the other characters are gaining any turn meter whatsoever

Here's footage of that as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnWRa5m_61E

Watch the video and tell me otherwise
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    It's not a bug. Either don't use that combo, or have a strong enough team that you don't lose the others (my preferred option).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The devs have said it’s not a bug. It’s intended.

As I’ve stated many times, I think it’s still poor gameplay design to allow players to reach an infinite loop with zero outs other than force closing the app.