zeta shortage is becoming a serious problem!

Prev1
Before you go on a rant about how zetas are supposed to be a big investment and how they have to be all about choices and it's a good thing they are rare, let me bring up the fact that almost all new characters, with small exceptions, come with at least 1 zeta which is usually required to make them viable.

I have not invested in bad zetas and I'm still long ways from getting many of the already existing characters. Let alone the newer ones. My first zeta was Maul, I also have:

Finn
CLS (2 uniques)
Rey (lead only)
BB8 (roll with punches only)
R2 (both)
Han Solo
Assajj (both)
Nihilus (unique only)
Palpatine (lead only)
Thrawn (unique only)
Zarriss

As you can see, my account is well managed, I haven't wasted any zetas on characters who are bad. Sure you can argue that Barriss and maul are no longer as huge as they used to be, but when I zetad them they were. If you look at important zetas I'm missing still:

CLS (lead)
Rey (both uniques)
Veers/Stark
Talzin (both)
Daka
Vader(both)
Palpatine (unique)
Sion (unique)
Enfys nest
All Phoenix!
All FO including zylo
All bounty Hunters
Thrawn lead
All scoundrels but raid Han
No ewoks
Old Ben
Savage
Traya
Fulkrum
QGJ
Wampa
Hermit Yoda
GM Yoda
All clones

My point is that every new character comes with new zetas and I'm still unable to even go back and get all of these other zetas. Simply the rate of aquisition is too slow, it would take me years just to get the existing ones, let alone future ones! So please for the love of God do something about it, it's sad to have all these characters and being unable to use them because of zeta shortage!

Btw, I am in a 130+ million guild which means even if I lose at TW I still get 2 zetas...

Replies

• TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Your important zeta list way too long. There's no way you need so many zetas right away.

Problem solved.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dblade21
    168 posts Member
    Options
    You obviously arent farming them well. Finish top 20 in fleet and you can buy one just about every other day. That's almost a zeta a month, just from ships. Add in ewok and NS event (anywhere from 2-8, depending when they fall), 1 a month minimum from the calendar, plus you said you're in a 130m guild, so that's what, 8 Zetas minimum a month? Come on. Manage resources, make tough decisions about which toons to zeta, and move on.
  • Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    You obviously arent farming them well. Finish top 20 in fleet and you can buy one just about every other day. That's almost a zeta a month, just from ships. Add in ewok and NS event (anywhere from 2-8, depending when they fall), 1 a month minimum from the calendar, plus you said you're in a 130m guild, so that's what, 8 Zetas minimum a month? Come on. Manage resources, make tough decisions about which toons to zeta, and move on.

I finish between 10-1 but I had to max my ships because of the new update made things unpredictable.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Your important zeta list way too long. There's no way you need so many zetas right away.

Problem solved.

This. Zetas are scarce and hard to farm. They are meant to be. They are a perk for those willing to invest lots of time and/or lots of money. That is the nature of the game.

It's like a football team complaining that the goals are too narrow. They are what they are. That is the criteria of the game. The key to playing the game well is working ways around such criteria - finding ways to succeed in spite of that criteria. That is why it's a game rather than an activity - there are limiting factors for everyone and everyone must work around them to succeed in spite of them.

• Options

Problem solved.

Even if half of them aren't too important, they are still somewhat important, still way too many considering that new characters keep bringing more and adding to the list...

• Options

Problem solved.

This. Zetas are scarce and hard to farm. They are meant to be. They are a perk for those willing to invest lots of time and/or lots of money. That is the nature of the game.

It's like a football team complaining that the goals are too narrow. They are what they are. That is the criteria of the game. The key to playing the game well is working ways around such criteria - finding ways to succeed in spite of that criteria. That is why it's a game rather than an activity - there are limiting factors for everyone and everyone must work around them to succeed in spite of them.

You could have made that claim 6 months that ago, but how can you say the same thing today, where every new character who comes to the game requires at least 1 to be viable. Can you use Hermit or Wampa or Traya or Sion without zetas? Can you use Phoenix without their zetas? Imp Troopers? Nightsisters? Come on, can't you see how many there are!
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I ignore all new characters until they're farmable, and even then I haven't given a new character a zeta in a looooong time. I don't do that until they're starred, leveled, and geared. I have a priority list and it changes slowly.

Make a priority list. Decide what parts of the game are most important to you and work backwards to make the list. And then use your list. And you'll be fine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Problem solved.

You could have made that claim 6 months that ago, but how can you say the same thing today, where every new character who comes to the game requires at least 1 to be viable. Can you use Hermit or Wampa or Traya or Sion without zetas? Can you use Phoenix without their zetas? Imp Troopers? Nightsisters? Come on, can't you see how many there are!

Because you dont "need them all". Its all about resource management.
  • Options

Problem solved.

Gonna have to echo this guy here. Many of those zetas are luxury, not required.

This game is all about resource management. We're getting more zeta materials than we ever have at this point. Just need to put them on characters you actually intend to use.

Like what you run in arena greatly changes what zetas you need.

Would I love having all the zetas you listed? Sure I would. But aside from some events, I'm personally not using bounty hunters. Vaders zetas are nice but not necessary. Phoenix is basically just a few waves in tb and a solid tw team. Ewoks are almost strictly a tw team. The scoundrels are only useable in tw unless you've spent the money upgrading them. Clones are also tw almost exclusively, don't do much anywhere else except rex, who doesn't have one.

I mean I can keep going but I hope you understand the point.
  • Dblade21
    168 posts Member
    Options
    I have 24, I'm doing just fine. I have enough to do another 3, but until I have the toons maxed and ready for a team, i dont use them. When JTR came out, and had saved up enough gear and Zetas to gear her to 11 and drop 2 Zetas on her the day I unlocked her.

In this game it's all about prioritizing. You cant have it all instantly.
  • Options
    Turasleon wrote: »

Problem solved.

This game is all about resource management. We're getting more zeta materials than we ever have at this point. Just need to put them on characters you actually intend to use.

Would I love having all the zetas you listed? Sure I would. But aside from some events, I'm personally not using bounty hunters. Vaders zetas are nice but not necessary. Phoenix is basically just a few waves in tb and a solid tw team. Ewoks are almost strictly a tw team. The scoundrels are only useable in tw unless you've spent the money upgrading them. Clones are also tw almost exclusively, don't do much anywhere else except rex, who doesn't have one.

Kyno wrote: »

Problem solved.

Have you guys ever heard of fun? A game is supposed to also be all about fun! Not just barely getting that you need to get by another day.

Sure having zetas for my Phoenix and Imp Troopers isn't a requirement because as you said they are just a few waves in TB, but what about if I just enjoy using them? They have incredibly fun kits and their zetas make them x10 more fun!

Same thing for ewoks, clones and FO. How can you not see this, if that's the case then perhaps they shouldn't even have zetas in their kits, make them omegas since they are just "a couple waves in TB".

Also have you realized how quickly the meta changes in arena now? Seriously we went from CLS to NS to Rey to Palpatine and now we're possibly headed to a GM Yoda until Traya becomes widely available and she goes back to being meta. You simply can't win.
  • Options
    I ignore all new characters until they're farmable, and even then I haven't given a new character a zeta in a looooong time. I don't do that until they're starred, leveled, and geared. I have a priority list and it changes slowly.

Make a priority list. Decide what parts of the game are most important to you and work backwards to make the list. And then use your list. And you'll be fine.

Who says I don't do that? The list of g11 characters I haven't been able to zeta is pretty long, I'm not giving zetas to g8-10
  • Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    I have 24, I'm doing just fine. I have enough to do another 3, but until I have the toons maxed and ready for a team, i dont use them. When JTR came out, and had saved up enough gear and Zetas to gear her to 11 and drop 2 Zetas on her the day I unlocked her.

In this game it's all about prioritizing. You cant have it all instantly.

You can only use 5 characters at a time, no reason to add the additional zeta restrictions, it's not like I'm waisting zetas of Pao and CW Chiewbacca
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Hi op, the developers hear your cries. Just yesterday they added just shy of a half a zeta to the game in fleet battles stage 5 hard nodes as a reward for the first time you complete the battles.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Hi op, the developers hear your cries. Just yesterday they added just shy of a half a zeta to the game in fleet battles stage 5 hard nodes as a reward for the first time you complete the battles.

You mean 10 mats?
  • BuckeyeATW
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Zetas ain’t a problem.. it’s omegas that are the true crunch... and when people say it’s resource mgmt... Just shh
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

You mean 10 mats?

I think so. Im probably wrong. Someone told me that theres 10 zeta up for grabs the first time you do the stage 5 hard battles.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    well, personally i’m fine with the zeta income rate atm. Slow enough to plan for, fast enough to not have to wait too long (unless you want to zeta an entire team like Phoenix).
    I do have quite a few more zeta’s equiped though (28+2ready), but thats probably only because i was max lvl when the fleet update dropped.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    well, personally i’m fine with the zeta income rate atm. Slow enough to plan for, fast enough to not have to wait too long (unless you want to zeta an entire team like Phoenix).
    I do have quite a few more zeta’s equiped though (28+2ready), but thats probably only because i was max lvl when the fleet update dropped.

Personally i have enough zeta income that any more would make it hard for me to omega characters.
  • Options

I felt this way a few months back. That was before we got the triumvirate raid. Since then we've got Sion, Traya, Bounty Hunter rework, Solo movie characters, Enfys Nest, Yoda rework. I simply don't understand how we are supposed to ever manage to zeta all these other teams when new characters keep being added all the time. I don't think I'm being demanding too much, still 0 zetas on imp troopers, phoenix, FO ewoks, clones, nightsisters! That's alot of stuff, now add BH and scoundrels.

I definitely feel like we're in a very slow pace with them
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Need more omegas to go along with all my zetas.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I felt this way a few months back. That was before we got the triumvirate raid. Since then we've got Sion, Traya, Bounty Hunter rework, Solo movie characters, Enfys Nest, Yoda rework. I simply don't understand how we are supposed to ever manage to zeta all these other teams when new characters keep being added all the time. I don't think I'm being demanding too much, still 0 zetas on imp troopers, phoenix, FO ewoks, clones, nightsisters! That's alot of stuff, now add BH and scoundrels.

You’re not supposed to zeta them all. I’m not even farming them all, let alone gearing and zeta-ing them all.
    Ive got 28 zeta’s equiped on 19 different characters and i’ve “only” got 23 g12 characters. So Yea, its in line with my gearing. I’m not going to have all the awesome toons zeta’d any time soon though, but thats fine by me.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

That's a separate discussion, but if we ended up getting more zetas it would mean more omegas too
  • Options

You’re not supposed to zeta them all. I’m not even farming them all, let alone gearing and zeta-ing them all.
    Ive got 28 zeta’s equiped on 19 different characters and i’ve “only” got 23 g12 characters. So Yea, its in line with my gearing. I’m not going to have all the awesome toons zeta’d any time soon though, but thats fine by me.

I'll reply to you the same thing I told @Kyno you're assuming it should be all about getting what you need. Sure that's a viable option, only getting the zetas you absolutely need in order to get by and be able to do well in arena and raids, but you're forgetting that apart from them competitive aspect of the game, there's the fun aspect.

If I'm going to have my phoenix and my FO and my imp troopers and my Nightsisters and my ewoks and my scoundrels and by clones and my BH just sitting there and being unable to have fun with them, then that just sucks... Not all zetas are going to be about arena or raids, some are just for fun and if I have to use them all just to stay competitive in the game then this means I'll never be able to use any of them just to have fun with my squads.

Even competitively, whenever a character gets a rework like Yoda, this creates a situation where we have more potential combos which require zetas. For example Yoda seems to work amazingly well with Fulkrum, Ezra and Hermit Yoda. That's 3 characters not including Yoda himself! Do the math, 1 zeta for ezra, 1 zeta for Ahsoka, 2 zetas for hermit and 2 zetas for GM Yoda. This is 5 zetas total which is alot! Seriously I get that maybe the rework is over hyped and he may not be in the meta, but I'm sure this squad is alot of fun to play regardless, but he could be meta, this forces me to spend 5 zetas if he is.

Basically what I'm saying is that if a single rework adds another 5 zetas to our bucket list then we'll simply never catch up. You can say something along the lines of ignoring all these and not going for that squad, however where's the fun in that? Doesn't it sound like a poor model for a game to simply know that certain things will literally NEVER happen for you? Ignoring content because of ability material restrictions and having to choose between being good in arena or having fun? That just sounds awful.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

That's a separate discussion, but if we ended up getting more zetas it would mean more omegas too

But we don't need more zetas, we need more omegas to keep up with the amount of zetas we're getting.
  • Options
    I've got 22 zetas. I know it feels like they trickle in, but the rate isn't horrible. We have a few ways to gain them now.

Now if the new Mats challenge tier would drop zetas for me, that'd be great...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Basically what I'm saying is that if a single rework adds another 5 zetas to our bucket list then we'll simply never catch up. You can say something along the lines of ignoring all these and not going for that squad, however where's the fun in that? Doesn't it sound like a poor model for a game to simply know that certain things will literally NEVER happen for you? Ignoring content because of ability material restrictions and having to choose between being good in arena or having fun? That just sounds awful.

I think it’s awesome that i will never catch up, there’s nothing worse than having nothing interresting to work on ingame.
    I also like to note that i said that the zeta income rate was in line with my gearing, so its not just the ability material restrictions that result in me ignoring content.
    Not sure if i ever had to choose between having fun and being good in arena, i equiped quite a few zeta’s on toons i havent used in arena and i enjoy the zeta’s on arena toons aswell.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Problem solved.

Problem solved.

Have you guys ever heard of fun? A game is supposed to also be all about fun! Not just barely getting that you need to get by another day.

Sure having zetas for my Phoenix and Imp Troopers isn't a requirement because as you said they are just a few waves in TB, but what about if I just enjoy using them? They have incredibly fun kits and their zetas make them x10 more fun!

Same thing for ewoks, clones and FO. How can you not see this, if that's the case then perhaps they shouldn't even have zetas in their kits, make them omegas since they are just "a couple waves in TB".

Also have you realized how quickly the meta changes in arena now? Seriously we went from CLS to NS to Rey to Palpatine and now we're possibly headed to a GM Yoda until Traya becomes widely available and she goes back to being meta. You simply can't win.

If plotting and planning and grinding it out are not your idea of fun you may be entrenched in the wrong game.

I'm sure just as many would say getting everything right away isnt fun too.

If you tried to follow all those metas, than you are outpacing your resources. $$ or hoard, those are how you keep flexible, yes if you try to do it all you will not be able to manage your resources.

If you want to enjoy things that you will admit you dont think are as useful, that's great, but that's your choice. You can't expect them to just give you resources, that would defeat a major advantage that many of us have planned and worked towards over the lifetime of the game. This is especially true for "end game" materials like zetas.
  • Options

Problem solved.

Problem solved.

If plotting and planning and grinding it out are not your idea of fun you may be entrenched in the wrong game.

I'm sure just as many would say getting everything right away isnt fun too.

If you tried to follow all those metas, than you are outpacing your resources. $$ or hoard, those are how you keep flexible, yes if you try to do it all you will not be able to manage your resources.

If you want to enjoy things that you will admit you dont think are as useful, that's great, but that's your choice. You can't expect them to just give you resources, that would defeat a major advantage that many of us have planned and worked towards over the lifetime of the game. This is especially true for "end game" materials like zetas.

Idk but if you paid attention to my list of zetad vs unzetad characters you can clearly see that I'm not exaggerating about this. I haven't managed to zeta any of Phoenix, First Order, Scoundrels, BH, Ewoks, Clones and some of those are major factions. I haven't zetad tons of independent characters, I'm sorry but I'm not expecting a "life long" to be able to get all of these zetas. I understand the point of grinding and I'm not expecting to have all those factions and squads with zetas, but I seriously don't see how not having any of them is reasonable either.

Do you realize that 90% of all need characters come with zetas? We got 6 of them from just 1 movie, we got 5 Bounty Hunters reworked, as I mentioned before the aquisition rate of zetas 4 months ago was PERFECT but now it simply seems like it's too much. Having to choose between all the new characters and reworks and the past ones is simply overwhelming
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Then again, you're probably playing the wrong game. You wanna have fun? Stop worrying about getting everything right now.