New meta Incoming ?

I'm kinda afraid to gear a team up because I was late for the NS party and really regret gearing and zetaing them

I have a solid roster but they are all undergeared with no zetas.

Can anyone advise me on which would be the best team that would give me the most mileage until the meta changes ?

JTR
CLS
Palpa
Yoda

My roster:
https://swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

Replies

• I wouldn’t say Yoda is meta atm. He is great on offense but particularly weak on defense from what I have seen. Sith seems like a pretty good bet at the moment based on your roster. Or a Rex lead nihilus type team. No matter what you work on the meta will change.

Personally I would focus your energy on HSTR teams. You get good guild currency, good gear for your level even without running heroic.

Based on that I would be working on:

JTR/Yoda
    Troopers/wampa/GKLeia
    Chex Mex (CLS, RHan, Chrruit, Deatg trooper and Pao)
    nightsister you have sorted ;)
  • SithTrio_PO
    263 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    what meta change ? Yoda ?
    are you talking about his videos of gamechangers using Yoda? dont worry, they lie.
    i mean, if you really think you can have ATF under Yoda and go before Nest, you are terribly wrong. those are obviously rigged videos that shows team with godlike modding hitting teams with bad modding. Yoda L team won't take out Traya while the enemy did only one turn. the only ones that can assemble those kind of teams are people with The Trio already, and why would they switch to Jedi now, when they have the trio which is better defensively, especially with the kind of modding they have ? also, in those videos you can clearly see them losing toons, and struggle to keep alive, and need careful actions to survive - which means : gonna be SLAUGHTERED on defense.
    bro, the meta is traya and will keep to be exactly like this until the release of alternative. Yoda rework isn't an alternative, its just a buff that is mainly for the HSTR P1, because mid-tier and low-tier basically refuse to participate in this raid (from what im hearing)
  • Ah ok in that case I better gear up and zeta my jtr to help guild out with hstr and will get on sith once/if I unlock Traya. I have all of them 7* except Sion already any way.
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    I wouldn't regret doing NS, as they are one of the main STR teams.
  • Empiric1 wrote: »
    I'm kinda afraid to gear a team up because I was late for the NS party and really regret gearing and zetaing them

Can anyone advise me on which would be the best team that would give me the most mileage until the meta changes ?

JTR
    CLS
    Palpa
    Yoda

My roster:

This game is gambling - completely. Nobody knows what the future will bring...you can either try and figure out what you think it might be or just guess...you're just about as likely to be accurate with either.

Soooo...what are you going to do? What moves are you going to play? That's the game.

(Clue - nobody knows ;))
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »

JTR
    CLS
    Palpa
    Yoda

My roster:

This game is gambling - completely. Nobody knows what the future will bring...you can either try and figure out what you think it might be or just guess...you're just about as likely to be accurate with either.

Soooo...what are you going to do? What moves are you going to play? That's the game.

(Clue - nobody knows ;))

I know! Somone dropped a cute non-hint hint and I have used my brilliant powers of deduction to learn exactly what is coming.
  • I'd say ep and sith is still the safest bet. It goes good with traya when you finally get her so it will transition into the next most likely meta. CG has said that a jedi aren't getting an imminent rework so yoda is good to have for the raid and can be used in arena but likely won't be meta any time soon. At least until jedi luke comes out. That will likely be when the meta changes overnight. It takes months of doing the sith raid to 7 star traya but when they release jedi luke many will 7 star him in an event. So along with planning for doing well currently, it doesn't hur to plan ahead. Farm the characters that will likely be needed and characters that will likely work well in the new meta. Cls, R2, Rolo, Captain Han Solo, and Hoda will likely be needed for Jedi Luke and he will likely be good with rebels or jedi. So Raid Han, Cls, Gmy, and Gk are likely Contenders to be in the meta again. But that is speculation. All except that they have said that Jedi Luke will eventually come to the game.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well, is there another movie this winter? I dont think so. So they will need something big to make money around the holidays. Solo dvd release will be fall, so maybe Beckett then. Jedi rework or Jedi Luke or Old Jedi Luke around Holiday?
  • Jedi Luke would probably be the best bet for a way to keep interest in a lull.
  • Are you reluctant to farm toons because you don't know what next meta is? Then farm mods: the true meta! Or rex, he'll be viable for years to come. :V
  • farm toons that could get your resources
    Zetas - Tarkin fleet, Ewoks, NS
    Gear, Credits, Guild Tokens - Raid squads
    Credits/Droids - Scoundrels
    Mods - squads depending on the mods that you want
    This may not get you to top arena rank but this will benefit in the long run.
    Create a resource generating machine.
  • farm toons that could get your resources
    Zetas - Tarkin fleet, Ewoks, NS
    Gear, Credits, Guild Tokens - Raid squads
    Credits/Droids - Scoundrels
    Mods - squads depending on the mods that you want
    This may not get you to top arena rank but this will benefit in the long run.
    Create a resource generating machine.

Agreed but which arena team to go for assumes that you have already covered or are working on those goals. You can complete those goals and farm and gear a top level arena team. I have an arena team that is in the top ten. But I also covered all the above you listed. And scoring high in arena provides steady crystal income which is great for farming efforts.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    are you talking about his videos of gamechangers using Yoda? dont worry, they lie.
    i mean, if you really think you can have ATF under Yoda and go before Nest, you are terribly wrong. those are obviously rigged videos that shows team with godlike modding hitting teams with bad modding. Yoda L team won't take out Traya while the enemy did only one turn. the only ones that can assemble those kind of teams are people with The Trio already, and why would they switch to Jedi now, when they have the trio which is better defensively, especially with the kind of modding they have ? also, in those videos you can clearly see them losing toons, and struggle to keep alive, and need careful actions to survive - which means : gonna be SLAUGHTERED on defense.
    bro, the meta is traya and will keep to be exactly like this until the release of alternative. Yoda rework isn't an alternative, its just a buff that is mainly for the HSTR P1, because mid-tier and low-tier basically refuse to participate in this raid (from what im hearing)

Pretty sure they just had the G12+ pieces on the Jedi teams and not on the defensive sith teams. So they had +12 more speed lol.
  • VonZant wrote: »

JTR
    CLS
    Palpa
    Yoda

My roster:

(Clue - nobody knows ;))

I know! Somone dropped a cute non-hint hint and I have used my brilliant powers of deduction to learn exactly what is coming.

Don't listen to anybody ;) From a CG Dev to some guy on Discord.

Don't believe a word of it ;)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

JTR
    CLS
    Palpa
    Yoda

My roster:

(Clue - nobody knows ;))

Don't listen to anybody ;) From a CG Dev to some guy on Discord.

Don't believe a word of it ;)

Im not. ;) was kidding. Its a personal guess. Nothing more. Certainly nothing I am planning around. And I sure dont listen to discord. Someone there that "knew everying" posted that we were getting 4Lom and Zuckuss. 4Lom.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Pretty sure they just had the G12+ pieces on the Jedi teams and not on the defensive sith teams. So they had +12 more speed lol.

so they still, showing a lie.
    the point is, they show this video to show alternative to the meta teams, but whoever can afford getting those team already using meta teams. which means - they showcase teams that no one is really gonna use - group (A) - the top players and whales - have already the traya and godlike mods, and group (B) - the rest - cant afford this modding gear and zetas.
    So, yea, using G12+ pieces on one team and not on the other, when its exactly the opposite for the guys whos likely to follow the video, is a complete lie.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Im not. ;) was kidding.

I know mate. I know you well enough on here to know you ain't no dummy ;)

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Im not. ;) was kidding.

I know mate. I know you well enough on here to know you ain't no dummy ;)

@CoastalJames You are the one that made the Door joke, right? Because thats my stupid guess based on a single mis-directed comment in a video and probably too little sleep. ;)