That challenge gear in raids post...

Prev13
Boba_The_Fetter
3393 posts Member
edited June 2018
What ever happened to the removing of challenge gear in raids? I remember a dev post about it a couple months ago and absolutely nothing has been done about that since?

They said they'd start with the sith raid and then the AAT and rancor later on but it's already later on and nothing been done, what gives?

Replies

• When they originally removed the challenge gear people complained about various things with the rewards and so they reverted it back. Not seen anything after that
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    They purposefully nerfed herioc raid drops while buffing lower tier drops. People complained and they said the easiest thing to do was revert the changes, giving back herioc the amazing drops and putting t1-6 drops back to useless and stated that was their only option. Then somehow complaints about the t1-6 drops no longer were a priority.
  • And what about the other raids?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    They purposefully nerfed herioc raid drops while buffing lower tier drops. People complained and they said the easiest thing to do was revert the changes, giving back herioc the amazing drops and putting t1-6 drops back to useless and stated that was their only option. Then somehow complaints about the t1-6 drops no longer were a priority.

Umm they actually nerfed rewards almost across the board. hSTR got a big nerf (which of course they should have) but then in tiers 1-6 rewards were overall nerfed for anyone ranking in the top 30 of their raids.

• Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Rewards might have been lower, but they were way more useful
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    And what about the other raids?

It hasn't been mentioned once since.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Nobody complained that they removed challenge gear. But we all complained because the total payout was nerfed over the whole guild. CG took the whole change back because that was the easiest fix at that time, which is ok. But my understanding was also, that this is not of the table. But were we wrong:

- the new reward table still drops challenge/unused gear on mass, probably even more than salvage of the left g12 gear.
    - To add further insult cuffs, carbs, stun guns and gold balls are now also part of g12+ gear.

Instead of putting so much time into planing on how to make gear worse we can again fumble around with the special mission bug in phase 6 of the current tb.
  • Nobody complained that they removed challenge gear. But we all complained because the total payout was nerfed over the whole guild. CG took the whole change back because that was the easiest fix at that time, which is ok. But my understanding was also, that this is not of the table. But were we wrong:

- the new reward table still drops challenge/unused gear on mass, probably even more than salvage of the left g12 gear.
    - To add further insult cuffs, carbs, stun guns and gold balls are now also part of g12+ gear.

Instead of putting so much time into planing on how to make gear worse we can again fumble around with the special mission bug in phase 6 of the current tb.

Yeah I liked how when a toon got to G12 they were finally finished with all the lower levels gear but they decided that made players too happy I guess
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Madpup wrote: »
    Umm they actually nerfed rewards almost across the board. hSTR got a big nerf (which of course they should have) but then in tiers 1-6 rewards were overall nerfed for anyone ranking in the top 30 of their raids.
    That's only true if you look only at the quantity of the gear. In terms of quality, the reworked rewards were a huge step up for the lower tiers, they just didn't feel as much like it as they should've because we were getting single-digit quantities of each drop.

It is possible under the current sub-heroic rewards to get better rewards than you would under the reworked ones if you get lucky and pull several good pieces like cuffs, guns, carbantis, etc. But more likely you'll get worse rewards because most or all of your drops will be useless gear you already have far more of than you need anyway.
  • I understand challenge gear being part of raid rewards but I can't help it but get mad when I'm receiving 3 drops and 2 of those 3 is challenge gear! Or I get 5 drops and 3 of 5 is challenge gear! This is taking it too far! I'm sorry but it's one thing to have challenge gear pop up some times, it's another when more than half of my rewards every single time is challenge gear. This needs fixing asap, it's really an awful system
  • No need to remove the MK8 biotech implant salvage (gold eyeball one)

Im at 24/60 and still need 1000s of them. Not a spender here, just that the 375 crystals for 25 component is a good deal.
  • No need to remove the MK8 biotech implant salvage (gold eyeball one)

Im at 24/60 and still need 1000s of them. Not a spender here, just that the 375 crystals for 25 component is a good deal.

This post is about the raid rewards not the gear in shipments

P.s. it is a good deal though haha probably the best
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Agree 10000%. It was nonsensical to have challenge gear as raid rewards to begin with. Leaving them in after acknowledging the issue and reworking raid rewards is down right ridiculous.

Hanlon says "Hello!"....again.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Who knows what goes on in their heads exactly? After finally admitting it was a problem, instead of just removing challenge gear from raids (sounds simple enough), they decide to screw with the whole reward system causing even greater outrage. Then I guess they decided it was a higher priority to move on to other projects to enrage the community. Maybe we should be happy, if they start giving us the stuff we really want the game is probably on its death spiral.

Yeah fair analysis haha mostly to do with money obviously that's why we hardly ever get reworks to existing characters
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Agree 10000%. It was nonsensical to have challenge gear as raid rewards to begin with. Leaving them in after acknowledging the issue and reworking raid rewards is down right ridiculous.

Hanlon says "Hello!"....again.

Preach, what's worse is how frequently challenge gear drops as well. I don't even consider the HAAT and rancor raids as farming sources other than the currency
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'm not sure what rancor raid you're running, most people agree (myself included) that rancor raid gear drops are solid, especially given how little effort they require.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm not sure what rancor raid you're running, most people agree (myself included) that rancor raid gear drops are solid, especially given how little effort they require.

Well good for you but I only ever get challenge gear and some rancor raid gear I've accumulated 100's of while others sit at close to 0. Stun cuffs and guns never show up either. But that only happens to me I guess
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb here’s another ping. You may want to bring this to the team seeing as this was the ONLY good thing about the original raid rewards rework back in April.
    Challenge gear doesn’t belong in the heroics of the raids anymore. I think the entire community would be grateful for this to get removed since it was originally promised by @CG_Carrie back with the original rewards rework. Please don’t overlook important aspects of content updates.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Well good for you but I only ever get challenge gear and some rancor raid gear I've accumulated 100's of while others sit at close to 0. Stun cuffs and guns never show up either. But that only happens to me I guess

Yeah pretty much. Or, given your post history, you just like to complain regardless of the actual drops.
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah pretty much. Or, given your post history, you just like to complain regardless of the actual drops.

Lol
  • Challenge gear still in raids because they need years of data to prove its not needed. A few random complaints and mods are taken out of mythic events immediately. Wow disconnect from the player base or what. Mods proved too valuable to be in the event so they come up with a crap excuse to remove what players need. All for the almighty dollar. Cash grabs are getting out of hand.
  • Careful, they might remove all the MK3 Carbantis from raid rewards and call it good because those are the least useful /s
  • Careful, they might remove all the MK3 Carbantis from raid rewards and call it good because those are the least useful /s

The carbantis were mentioned in the post as well how they won't remove those since they're in such high demand. Should have known it was all too good to be true
  • I still think Rancor is like the most important raid gearwise. It’s pretty amazing that something 2 years old is still so significant, at least we can auto it.

They can also make toons that use a bunch of challenge gear as well but that will never happen. Getting the mk 4 carbs for Tb is just a huge smack in the face. This is another thing that the community has been complaining about for years and one of the rarities where most agree with one another.

Side note - in my over optimistic mind - I always wanted toons that weren’t really great but farmed in different ways. Like a ally point only toon that only used low and challenge gear.
    By not having toons go in gw/arena/cantina-
    Similar type of toons could be thrown in there as well. Just something light and fun for people that like to collect or give “lesser” characters that are favorites to some a chance to be gotten.
    But of course platoons would suck all the fun out of it.
  • Oguleya
    76 posts Member
    I'm sorry but if it is any number of gear rewards that is hardly used pr from challenges should not be a raid reward. My reward for spending an hour on the heroic AAT was gear I have 2500 of It's unacceptable. Raid rewards need to be more rare, period. This gear crunch makes this game less fun. The amount of stunguns/cuffs needed is too ridiculous at end game
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    It's never been brought up before....

Seriously though, 100% agree and I doubt you'll find anyone who does disagree.

What's the point of giving rewards that are intentionally watered down?

• Two thumbs up! Feel better?
  • Keep these coming thick and fast

4gturzjh2c67.jpg
  • Veserion1
    150 posts Member
    l8c5jt74mezs.jpg
    Ur kidding, right?
    The only way you could need those is if you've missed daily challenges.They need to be removed as well