The Turn Meter Mystery

Jazoom
6 posts Member
edited June 2018
Dear Devs,

I love the game, it's great with easy entry barriers for new players and the content just keeps growing and growing. There are a few things that I'd like to share since I believe it would make your already great game even better. One of those things is the 'turn meter' mystery. As content keeps growing with events and competition increases in PVP arenas and inter-guild for raids and Hoth team events, information for the player base is important.

An example is in Skellturix's video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpwuA_gao48

In this video he calculates the growing TM from raid bosses within the raid. Additionally, total speed of the enemy fleet or arena team they face gives them the information they need to make 'informed' decisions. Both these things represented in metrics is more valuable to players much more so than when the game was in its infancy years ago. Back then a meter sufficed but now, as the community is rapidly growing, theory crafting and strategy is deepening, such precise controls and information are necessary. Complex game mechanics that require not only field calculations in battle but also synergy between squad elements and even more so, the gear and resource (credits, training droids and ability materials including omega and zeta currencies) investments some which are invaluable, it makes for a better player experience.

I'm sure many players have experienced frustration the first time facing a speed arena team with meta compositions. I feel that if a player can provide this data from calculations made from client side, it's definitely feasible from the server end or within the programming. There are often times when using the bar it is very difficult to differentiate on who will go next. As a player I often face confusion when looking at the bar due to the enemy TM bar and my TM bar being almost identical. I often think 'wait.. is my char going next or is this char going next?' In fleet arenas, 'who goes first' with admiral thrawn as a capital ship can make or break the battle. Sure there are ships that affect the TM of capital ships such as tie fighter/tie reaper but why not have that kind of information available so that players can decide who to choose to fight.

The game has so much content that it already takes a good part of the day to simply complete 'daily' activities. On top of that we have events, raids and one-time events which often require multiple attempts. This isn't a complaint although it may come across one, spending hours on content where if we had that information could reduce the time spent on 'frustrated repetitive' game play that 'could've been avoided' would be a welcome change. Please consider this suggestion, it would reduce frustration in the community and provide a higher quality experience.

Thanks,
Jazoom
Post edited by Jazoom on

Replies

• Natos
    138 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I agree. In other turn based games I've played there was a simple count to order who would go when, or a line of avatar icons showing turn order. The meter leaves a lot of guessing most of the time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Natos wrote: »
    I agree. In other turn based games I've played there was a simple count to order who would go when, or a line of avatar icons showing turn order. The meter leaves a lot of guessing most of the time.

This.

The current visual is very difficult to determine and with all the TM manipulation around now, it is very important to know who is on deck.
  • Options
    While we're at it, can we please also have info on ally-side cooldowns?