Will i be ejected from top arena because i don't do heroic raid sith (no new G12 reward) ?

Prev1
colo
38 posts Member
edited June 2018
Currently everyone got traya in my top 20 arena. I'm still doing T5 and i do good so far with titans in arena (CLS lead, R2, Thrawn, GK and Raid Han).

However with the new stuff G12 (3 last equipment) only obtainable via raid sith, i will have a HUGE disadvantage against them.

Either i change guild (but i've created it and don't want to leave them) or i will see myself slowly ejected of top arena. Then less cristals, then then less competitive etc.

Am i really going to see my account loosing every day a little more ?
Post edited by colo on

Replies

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    probably? yes.
  • TimMarshall
    180 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes. You can thank CG/EA. They are catering to the whales. They could have at least not made the drop off in rewards from top 10 and the rest so large.
  • yes, we're screwed if we won't sell out our long-standing guild friends
  • The meta will always shift. So you shouldn’t view it as a permanent loss if you suffer to the Traya meta, since it will inevitably change again. The gear disparity between heroic and non heroic STR guilds on the other hand will be a long term issue unless they address it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are a couple of F2P counter teams that seem to have no issues moving up through traya teams.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Yes you will be removed from ranking high. Less so to do with Traya and more so to do with new gear 12+ giving each character a 6 speed boost per gear piece.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are a couple of F2P counter teams that seem to have no issues moving up through traya teams.

I think he is more concerned with not getting the new g12+- gear.
  • colo
    38 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

Correct, thx !
    Will update the post.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    While I am not a fan of the new gear, I don't see it affecting arena as much as some people think it will...

Once the meta shifts, that gear will be stuck to non meta toons..,.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    You can't be "ejected" from the arena. You can only do better or worse. Ranking a bit lower isn't the end of the world.

The high end rewards come from the heroic Sith raid. In time, the G12+ swag will move to other sources, like crystal shipments, but until then, if you want it, you either have to get your guild ready for heroic Sith, or move to a guild that is ready.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

colo wrote: »

Correct, thx !
    Will update the post.

In that case, it is possible. If you want to be at the top edge of the game, than it is reasonable to expect that you would need to be gaming at the top edge of all content to keep up.

Will it happen day 1 when someone gets 1 or 2 pieces of gear, no. Over time they will outpace you and develop deeper rosters and better gear, yes. That is how the game progresses.

New content offers new stuff/characters. It is exclusive to some extent (in this case even more so). If you want to keep up in all areas of the game with others you need to be as on top of the new content as they are.

Eventually it will be come more wide spread and easier to get.
  • P2W value of the game increases drastically with this update.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Pay to win increases by adding a power vector that cannot be bought? Interesting.
    Still not a he.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Madpup wrote: »
    Yes you will be removed from ranking high. Less so to do with Traya and more so to do with new gear 12+ giving each character a 6 speed boost per gear piece.

Eesh. Is that really how much it is? gg for me in my little T4 guild.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Madpup wrote: »

Eesh. Is that really how much it is? gg for me in my little T4 guild.

Yep. Each of the G12+ pieces have +6 speed attached (as well as significant other stat bonuses the way the g12 pieces do). So a fully maxed G12+ team will have 12 more speed than someone unable to complete the heroic sith raid.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    That absolutely blows. Other stat bonuses have ways to counter them. An extra +12 speed? Bah.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    That absolutely blows. Other stat bonuses have ways to counter them. An extra +12 speed? Bah.

The thrawn lead teams will still be just fine against the sith teams on offense, the people without g12+ pieces are just gonig to drop harder on defense.
  • K33p3r_ofthe_C00L
    149 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Let's say they invest fully on a Traya squad. Once the meta shifts, the gear are stuck with those toons. I would suggest developing squads that will generate resources.
    Zetas - Tarkin fleet, Ewoks, NS
    Gear/Credits/Guild Tokens - Raid
    Credits/T.Droids - Scoundrels
    Once you have these up and running, I doubt you would worry about meta shifts in the future.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Let's say they invest fully on a Traya squad. Once the meta shifts, the gear are stuck with those toons. I would suggest developing squads that will generate resources.
    Zetas - Tarkin fleet, Ewoks, NS
    Gear/Credits/Guild Tokens - Raid
    Credits/T.Droids - Scoundrels
    Once you have these up and running, I doubt you would worry about meta shifts in the future.

You say that as if those other players don't also have other squads that generate resources...

Not to mention if they're running Heroic Sith, they're probably doing better in TB/TW than his guild is so they will continue to increase the resource gap. Probably the least helpful comment on here. It's not like all of a sudden the meta shifts and those players won't have anymore gear. Smart high end players save up some gear and have multiple teams well geared for raids and TB and TW and will continue to outpace players who can't do heroic sith in the long run.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    You will probably have some time, as a lot of the raids will probably give them components they have 100 of, and not the one they need.
  • I used to think that Ships 2.0 was one of the worst updates of any Star Wars gaming franchise. (Star Wars Galaxies and SWTOR had some some that were way worse). But this update replaces ships 2.0 in the hall of shame. Turns the game into an elitist guild only club. Thank goodness I gave up on this game a few months ago, and went F2P. Otherwise I'd be really mad.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    The silver lining of the cloud (for you) is that it requires a ridiculous amount of rare gear to craft a single piece of that lv 12 gear. It will go a bit faster if your shard mates regulary finish top three in the heroic sith raid but otherwise it will take a long time before any of them manage to scrap together enough raid salvage to really make a big difference.
  • Hilmala
    10 posts Member
    Gotta move with the meta
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Yes. It is the part for which "this will only impact the sith raid" was a sad lie
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

They said the gear drop change was only affecting the Sith raid. Not that the added gear only affects the Sith raid.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno wrote: »

I hear about these teams, but never see any proof in the form of videos. Traya lead, yes, EP lead with Traya, no, nothing consistently beats this team if both players have equal mods

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018

I hear about these teams, but never see any proof in the form of videos. Traya lead, yes, EP lead with Traya, no, nothing consistently beats this team if both players have equal mods

I have seen it "first hand" in my shard. There is one guy know for having the best mods on our shard and he is displaced daily by non traya teams, no matter the lead he uses.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    While I am not a fan of the new gear, I don't see it affecting arena as much as some people think it will...

Um, people can add the new pieces to whatever their new meta team is in a couple of weeks, if they are farming HSTR. If not, you are at a -12 spd disadvantage.

Having thought about this a bit, I think they believe that adding more speed to gear will reduce the impact of speed secondaries. +12 will only have a minor effect, but I see no other logic behind speeding every hero up. Sadly, only players in top guilds get to do this though, which makes the speed meta worse, not better for now.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    +12 is a huge advantage, nothing minor about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Um, people can add the new pieces to whatever their new meta team is in a couple of weeks, if they are farming HSTR. If not, you are at a -12 spd disadvantage.

Having thought about this a bit, I think they believe that adding more speed to gear will reduce the impact of speed secondaries. +12 will only have a minor effect, but I see no other logic behind speeding every hero up. Sadly, only players in top guilds get to do this though, which makes the speed meta worse, not better for now.

It's rare gear, and yes, if applied to the meta, it will make a difference...... What I was saying is, once the meta changes, it's not as if you can take it off and put it on the new meta toons...... So it won't have as much impact as people think......