The one thing imp troopers need!

Imp troopers is one of the most fun classes in the game but before I go ahead and zeta Veers I would like to see something added to the team. The team needs a mass stealth to allow them to use their AOEs without fear of counter punishment. I have seen this team get obliterated by counter attacks since all if them have some type of AOE ability. An R2 like ability would certainly complement the faction in pvp. There are plenty of trooper classes which are missing from the game, could this be an opportunity to add some ability like that? Perhaps agent Kallus from rebels? Just a thought

Replies

• IT literally just got Range Troopers, the devs are not just gonna keep spewing out more empire, the time right now is for the Jedi
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Counters arent the reason troopers arent viable in arena, so adding stealth won’t make them arena viable all of a sudden. Imo troopers dont need stealth anyway, just dont use aoe’s when you dont have a taunt up.
    Still an awesome faction worthy of a zeta.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    I'd like a second leader, though it'd require another follow up troop so we could have two teams worth of troopers, Veers focused more on the kill train and pve, and the second one can focus more on arena centric stuff like turn meter, stuns, etc
  • They need a cleanse. This is why they often feature thrawn in a lot of builds. Actually empire overall has no real cleanse
  • IT literally just got Range Troopers, the devs are not just gonna keep spewing out more empire, the time right now is for the Jedi

No it's not. Jedi been come and gone, Yoda rework was the extent of Jedi work..
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Shore eats up counters anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Shore heals, they don't need that either. But yes, I'd agree that they need a cleanser. You'd have to put Thrawn in to get that now.
  • I've started making my trooper party now. Not sure I can be bothered farming Shore though, so I'll use ol' Stormy instead. Poor ol' Stormy, the waterboy of the Trooper team. Though that could be Magma.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Magma does some nice work in P1 of STR, non-heroic category. No idea if he works in heroic.
  • I like snow trooper, he cleans the house for TB, however magma has some crazy potential with his unique, he's a trickster
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I recently 7* magma so I'll be using him anyway Phoenix are pretty much done as far as I can go for a few levels.

Snowtrooper is still in 4* until I unlock his cantina node. The Sabine experience has put me right off single hard node farming.

Pretty much raid and challenge gear for them now which will happen when it happens.

My guild is in T4 STR zone so Magma may shine there.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Magma does some nice work in P1 of STR, non-heroic category. No idea if he works in heroic.

No he doesnt hsr has roo much potency for the tenacity trick to work.