Cycle of suffering

T4NM4N26
124 posts Member
So tonight I tried to "soothe" the cycle of suffering by doing the "soothe" action (this is listed as the only way to remove the cycle of suffering). I did it on one character and nothing happened. So I tried a rapid succession and did "soothe" on all of my characters all within one of Sion's turns, yet nothing happened. Is it actually possible to soothe the cycle of suffering and remove the stack from Sion? If it's not, can we please remove the text that says that it can be cleansed? Thanks

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Weren’t you suffered? If so its WAI...
  • He has to be toppled, oh wait...yeah, mistype in raid details on the enrage mechanic
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    So tonight I tried to "soothe" the cycle of suffering by doing the "soothe" action (this is listed as the only way to remove the cycle of suffering). I did it on one character and nothing happened. So I tried a rapid succession and did "soothe" on all of my characters all within one of Sion's turns, yet nothing happened. Is it actually possible to soothe the cycle of suffering and remove the stack from Sion? If it's not, can we please remove the text that says that it can be cleansed? Thanks

You can only remove it from your own characters, you can't remove it from Sion. It is generally beneficial to leave it on your attackers, but to clear it off of your tanks and support toons as Sion does more damage to people with more stacks of pain/suffering and has a higher counter attack chance based on the number of stacks of the target that attacked him. However it allows your characters to deal more damage, which is why you want to leave it on your attackers.
  • Exactly. And then he takes 3, sometimes 4 turns and kills 3 of your toons ;)
  • Once it hits 5 stacks it changes to a permanent debuff. ... Of suffering IIRC.
    So clear it before it hits max stacks.

It says in the raid description I'm sure
  • Once it hits 5 stacks it changes to a permanent debuff. ... Of suffering IIRC.
    So clear it before it hits max stacks.

It says in the raid description I'm sure

No. You can cleanse it after it becomes cycle of suffering, you can't cleanse the stacks of cycle of pain/suffering from sion.
  • T4NM4N26
    124 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

You can only remove it from your own characters, you can't remove it from Sion. It is generally beneficial to leave it on your attackers, but to clear it off of your tanks and support toons as Sion does more damage to people with more stacks of pain/suffering and has a higher counter attack chance based on the number of stacks of the target that attacked him. However it allows your characters to deal more damage, which is why you want to leave it on your attackers.

I want it removed from Sion's cycle of suffering then. Because it says it "can only be cleansed by soothe". If it can't be cleansed that's fine, but I want that misleading text removed.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

I want it removed from Sion's cycle of suffering then. Because it says it "can only be cleansed by soothe". If it can't be cleansed that's fine, but I want that misleading text removed.

Should be reworded to say "can only be cleansed by this character using soothe, or one allied character using Soothe all" that way it is clear you can't removed it from Sion and it still works in P2 and P4.