HELP Please - My ships suck big time can't get Moff Cap 5* or anything else

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited June 2018
So I just got Fett just now. I tried him in reinforce spot, and in starting line up. Trouble is the rest of my ships stink it seems, they put out crap damage, and die too fast. Most pilots are G8, working on getting them G9, KyloU and GS are G9.

Here is what I am trying to run now: Moff Cap - KyloU, Fett, GS. Then Fac and Jedi come in.

I have FOTP but his health is low around 30K, same with Jedi as well. GS does very low dmg terrible, Jedi too really, Fac stuns on entry, and does decent dmg on his stun shot. I have Biggs G8 and he just dies too fast even though he is around 50Ktotal.

I also can't beat tier 3 in the droid challenge or credit challenge, and stuck on 3C hard node in tables, I think the Zeta Mat challenge is going to impossible for me for sure. I almost have Vader 4* another couple days that might help me get Moff, also working on TFP only about 30K now and 2* only so can't use him for Moff Cap yet.

Overall my team sucks balls and need big help, where to start? Run ackbar instead of Moff for the assists? Moff never even gets to use ultimate most times, and when he does it is still too weak

TIA

Post edited by jayjonbeach on

Replies

• cboath7
    461 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    They've messed up the challenges with 2.0.

I've got 5* fett at 25k FP, vader at 29k FP, Imperial TF at 25k FP and can barely kill a single ship. Most times i never get to bring in a reinforcement.
  • Pretty simple. Gear up your pilots, max their abilities, max their ship abilities, and they will be good.

Then actually consider synergy and not pure gp for assembling a team.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Except it's extremely difficult to spead out your portfolio of dark side ships (in reference to GMT 5*) without shelling out money. Maul is the only farmable ship i don't have that you can actually farm prior to lvl 85.

The 'suggestion' - which i know isn't always right is LVL 75 and FOUR STAR ships. It's not G11 pilots and 6* ships which is seemingly what it requires.

Show me a team you can assemble at lvl 75 and 4* that can do this at it's current level. If you did it in 1.0 only, you can't appreciate the difference.

• jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    darthjeary wrote: »
    Pretty simple. Gear up your pilots, max their abilities, max their ship abilities, and they will be good.

Hah, yeah right. You can't upgrade ship abilities without the purple gear for them, which comes from the Zeta challenge, which you need Moff 5* for, which you can't get because your ships stink. It is one big catch 22 here, and my ships have been stuck in it for MONTHS.

Any other here, anyone? I am working on TFP, and should have Vader soon which is G10 and should help for Moff(not Zeta he will be only 4*), but my pilots being G8 & G9 are NOT going to go beyond that in the near future, the gear is hard to get and takes a long time to acquire. So am I just going to remain stuck for a LONG time?

It seems the difficulty is just WAY too high on these challenges, just tried the credit challenge again now and it IS better with Ackbar but the ships in it, namely Fett, FOTP, TFP, then Vader & another TFP come in, it is just too strong, and then Moff does ultimate and wipes you out even if you were close, VERY frustrating
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I did ships 2.0 mod challenge

All 4/5* g8 except Vader g10 and fotp was there to just fill a spot

List for tarkin ship
    Tfp
    Vader
    Boba
    Kru
    Fotp

List for zeta
    Vader
    Biggs
    Tfp
    Boba
    Kru
    fotp

Zeta challenge took some rng to 3* needed tfp to get TL at the start and then just steamrolled from there. Make sure you get 5 dot lvl 15 mods even if they are trash on your pilots, it helps

Only challenge I haven’t done 3* which I can do atm is the training droids and can’t be bothered to try as my endurance is so low
  • @Wardai Thanks more or less the meta to beat these dam things. So even for Zeta everyone was G8 except Vader? That is encouraging if so.
  • darthjeary wrote: »
    Pretty simple. Gear up your pilots, max their abilities, max their ship abilities, and they will be good.

Hah, yeah right. You can't upgrade ship abilities without the purple gear for them, which comes from the Zeta challenge, which you need Moff 5* for, which you can't get because your ships stink. It is one big catch 22 here, and my ships have been stuck in it for MONTHS.

You don't need to beat the challenge to gear up your pilots. Gear the pilots and the ships get better, even without ship ability mats.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Just what I used seeing as Vader/tfp were for my arena team so obvious gearing, Boba was for heists and I just unlocked/geared kru because he's a good character.

If you have a swgoh.gg account maybe we can give some better advice based on your ships/characters
  • @Wardai I have Vader G10 like you, I have KRU G9, then I have Fett & TFP G8 also like you, I also have FOTP but G7. Thing is I am missing 8 shard to unlock Vader's ship 4*, and of course he has NOT been in the dam FL store for 2 weeks now, always the way isn't it.... Without him, that team of Ghost, Phantom etc totally destroys my ships so I can not get Tarkin. I will note that I have not upgraded TFP and FOTP abilities fully yet with purples, and they don't have great mods yet either so that will help I guess, not sure how much though.

But you didn't answer that question, "so even for Zeta everyone was G8 for you except Vader?" My Biggs is only G7 atm so sucks and not even using him, I really don't like him much in other areas of the game so have not spent resources on him, yet (sadly I know I have too to be competitive), too slow and squishy.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    @Wardai I have Vader G10 like you, I have KRU G9, then I have Fett & TFP G8 also like you, I also have FOTP but G7. Thing is I am missing 8 shard to unlock Vader's ship 4*, and of course he has NOT been in the dam FL store for 2 weeks now, always the way isn't it.... Without him, that team of Ghost, Phantom etc totally destroys my ships so I can not get Tarkin. I will note that I have not upgraded TFP and FOTP abilities fully yet with purples, and they don't have great mods yet either so that will help I guess, not sure how much though.

But you didn't answer that question, "so even for Zeta everyone was G8 for you except Vader?" My Biggs is only G7 atm so sucks and not even using him, I really don't like him much in other areas of the game so have not spent resources on him, yet (sadly I know I have too to be competitive), too slow and squishy.

Just looked at my biggs and he's g7 lol, but fully modded with 5 5 dot lvl 15 mods and one 3 dot lvl 15 mod. Also bummer on the vader shards but that's normally how it goes on the rare ships. Took me almost a month to get last 8 shards to 5* boba's ship.

What are you buying through gw? Maybe you could work on geonosians or start working towards scimitar/FOSTFP

• jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @Wardai ah cool, maybe I can get away with it too then hehe. I have been buying TFP, Jedi, GS, Fac, FOTP. I find Fac to be quite useful, he comes in and stuns on reinforce, then can stun another buffed ship if no taunt up, and he taunts when buffed ships attack. His dmg is weak though, so again I guess I have to invest more in him. Also, Spy is really needed to round out that trio and I don't have him.

Since you have had success with that line up at mostly G8, I am going to stick with that for now thx for the help and hope.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    No worries good luck hope you get it
  • I did the new 6* tarkin with :

Sun Fac 4* G8, lv 70, ship 5*, lv 60 (no omega / reinf)
    TFP 7* , G10, lv 85 with omegas, ship 5*, lv 70 (no omega/reinf)
    Genosian soldier 4*, G5, lv 60, ship 6*, lv 70 (same)

Vader 7* G10 lv 85 no Z, ship 5*, lv 85 (no omega/ reinf lv2)
    Genosian spy 4* G5 lv 60, ship 5*, lv 58
    FOTP 2* G8 lv 85, ship 6*, lv 70 (no omega/reinf)

As it's the "upgraded" from your challenge, i believe you will be able to make it as soon as you unlock vader's ship.

And don't forget RNG. I tried for more than 5 hours to win the challenge with that team. Then i praised the RNG, and TFP dodged 5 shots in a row, permitting tarkin to gain a whole turn and thus, using ult faster.

The main ship you should really work on is vader. It's a key to high-end arena too, alongside with biggs. If you can, keep your ship tokens for vader / vader's ship.

Good luck and all hail RNG
  • I did the new 6* tarkin with :

Sun Fac 4* G8, lv 70, ship 5*, lv 60 (no omega / reinf)
    TFP 7* , G10, lv 85 with omegas, ship 5*, lv 70 (no omega/reinf)
    Genosian soldier 4*, G5, lv 60, ship 6*, lv 70 (same)

Vader 7* G10 lv 85 no Z, ship 5*, lv 85 (no omega/ reinf lv2)
    Genosian spy 4* G5 lv 60, ship 5*, lv 58
    FOTP 2* G8 lv 85, ship 6*, lv 70 (no omega/reinf)

As it's the "upgraded" from your challenge, i believe you will be able to make it as soon as you unlock vader's ship.

And don't forget RNG. I tried for more than 5 hours to win the challenge with that team. Then i praised the RNG, and TFP dodged 5 shots in a row, permitting tarkin to gain a whole turn and thus, using ult faster.

The main ship you should really work on is vader. It's a key to high-end arena too, alongside with biggs. If you can, keep your ship tokens for vader / vader's ship.

Good luck and all hail RNG

Thanks a lot @TSWPandaman that gives me some good detail and more insight into what it will take

I am kind of disappointed in a way, some of my toons are the same or higher than yours and I still lose.

Here is what I have and running with:

Fett 6* G8 lvl 78, ship 4* lvl 75
    KRU 5* G9 lvl 80, ship 4* lvl 75
    GS 6* G9 lvl 80, ship 5* lvl 75

Then I often bring Fac first to stun one or two, he is 6* G8 lvl 76, ship 4* lvl 75.
    That leaves FOTP who is 5* G8 lvl 68, ship 4* lvl 75

Can't get it down with that AT ALL, the Phoenix crew walk all over me, over quick, depressing.

ps - still no Vader shards in store those buggers lol I am chomping at bit for this because I am stuck on the tables too without him (ironically, I could get more Vader shard, IF I could pass the nodes there...)

• Thanks a lot @TSWPandaman that gives me some good detail and more insight into what it will take

I am kind of disappointed in a way, some of my toons are the same or higher than yours and I still lose.

Then I often bring Fac first to stun one or two, he is 6* G8 lvl 76, ship 4* lvl 75.

Can't get it down with that AT ALL, the Phoenix crew walk all over me, over quick, depressing.

ps - still no Vader shards in store those buggers lol I am chomping at bit for this because I am stuck on the tables too without him (ironically, I could get more Vader shard, IF I could pass the nodes there...)

You're welcome. Anyway, just know that i won thanks to vader, putting 8 dots on biggs, and TFP dodging (=tanking) the shots. It's all rng. But i had to wait for more than 3 months before i could do it...

You need to know that there are few characters who are usefull everywhere- in arena, in events, in ships. Those are the ones you should prioritize : Vader (yeah, takes quite some time... but at least he's farmable now !)
    - TFP
    - Rex
    - Fives (my opinion, as i run a full clone team and i'm absolutely not top arena)
    - Biggs / Wedge.

Good luck ! i think a bobba fett with retribution is really scary, scarier than a sun fac. You'll understand with vader (which is scary with retribution too).

• Thanks a lot @TSWPandaman that gives me some good detail and more insight into what it will take

You're welcome. Anyway, just know that i won thanks to vader, putting 8 dots on biggs, and TFP dodging (=tanking) the shots. It's all rng. But i had to wait for more than 3 months before i could do it...

You need to know that there are few characters who are usefull everywhere- in arena, in events, in ships. Those are the ones you should prioritize : Vader (yeah, takes quite some time... but at least he's farmable now !)
    - TFP
    - Rex
    - Fives (my opinion, as i run a full clone team and i'm absolutely not top arena)
    - Biggs / Wedge.

Good luck ! i think a bobba fett with retribution is really scary, scarier than a sun fac. You'll understand with vader (which is scary with retribution too).

@TSWPandaman I'm still floored you made it with that team, though 5 hours though I guess...

Just wondering what level your Moff is? Mine is 6* G8 and I have the ultimate on ship upgraded to level 4, but it is still too weak and not effective.

I got Vader, I think I gave it one crack on Monday and failed, did not have time for more.

Were you using Vader in opening lineup or reinfor then? 8 dots on Biggs? It says 3 if upgraded?

I am also stuck on 3E hard on tables even with Vader, and I just found out purple mats are on 4A normal!!! I wish I would have known that earlier, I beat it earlier but now need to 3* it, so I can at least get purple mats to upgrade ships they are missing these badly.

How much do you think Spy helped? Seems to be key to the bug trio for sure.
    Surely FOTP could not have helped much at that level? Mine is 5* G8 and he stinks, health too low

Thanks again.