rmTyGij.png

Pilot: 252, same speed as mine
Ship: 194!

No.3 someone’s pilot and ship:
mpozk8A.png
34g86yX.png

Pilot: 246, slowest!
Ship: 194!

All pilots are g12 and ships are 7*. No.2 pilot has the same speed but his ship is faster and always lands a target lock which gives him an advantage; No.3 has the slowest pilot but the fastest ship to gives him an advantage?

Replies

• The answer is ship speed has nothing to do with pilot speed, only gear level, stars and the quality of mod matters, nothing to do with stats, if you read the link you’d have figured that out
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The answer is the pilots stats do not affect the ships stats, but overall GP of the Pilot will increase the ships stat. Therefore, poor 5 star mods at level 15 will have the same effect as crazy mods at level 15
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »

Pilot speed is irrelevant. Compare crew powers. That's what matters.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The answer is ship speed has nothing to do with pilot speed, only gear level, stars and the quality of mod matters, nothing to do with stats, if you read the link you’d have figured that out

Thanks for the explanation, I read some and it doesn’t seem very easy to understand, the post could simply starts with your summary and then further details.
  • There is a ship speed calculator on Crouching Rancor.

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    They did put gear xii pieces on the pilot and so gained the extra 1 speed...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The answer is ship speed has nothing to do with pilot speed, only gear level, stars and the quality of mod matters, nothing to do with stats, if you read the link you’d have figured that out

Thanks for the explanation, I read some and it doesn’t seem very easy to understand, the post could simply starts with your summary and then further details.

Here's an easier way of understanding it:
    Each ship has a hard maximum value for each stat. The more you raise the Power of the pilot, the closer you get to that maximum value. It doesn't matter how you increase the Power, so if you have a 5-dot mod that started at white quality or a 5-dot mod that started at gold quality, so long as they're both level 15 they're going to provide the same Power increase. Every piece of gear, every ability upgrade, every mod equipped increases Power. If you equip every piece and omega/zeta every ability, have 7* and six 5-dot level 15 mods you have maxed out the Power of a character, and thus their ship will be at maximum stats.

(Until something new is added, like the extra two g12 slots, or a new ability is created like Vader's No Escape, anyway)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Long story short:

Whatever increases the GP of the pilot also increases the pilot's crew power which again increases the stats on of the ship.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    JDK82 wrote: »

I already put two g12 on him
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member

Well he put three, so he's faster.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Drazz127 wrote: »

Well he put three, so he's faster.

Np, I can still get no.1 or no.2 rewards everyday, but I doubt he put three.
  • The crew power is 25,008 for each of the 3, so I have no idea why the speed would be different. It would seem that everything is the same about the 3 pictured TFPs
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The crew power is 25,008 for each of the 3, so I have no idea why the speed would be different. It would seem that everything is the same about the 3 pictured TFPs

Wala, thanks for pointing it out, everyone here just assume that post and the algorithm are absolutely right and my Tie Pilot is inferior than the other two, I have always doubted that but who knows.

Crew power is identical but most other status are different: health & protection...who knows what have caused the difference, one of my mod is only 4*, I swapped a 5* mod and the speed is still the same so I doubt putting the last old g12 piece on him would increase the ship’s speed.

So back to square one.

@TheReal_Mol_Eliza1

@swgohfan29

@Waqui

@JDK82

@NicWester

@Drazz127
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    The crew power is 25,008 for each of the 3, so I have no idea why the speed would be different. It would seem that everything is the same about the 3 pictured TFPs

Wala, thanks for pointing it out, everyone here just assume that post and the algorithm are absolutely right and my Tie Pilot is inferior than the other two, I have always doubted that but who knows.

Crew power is identical but most other status are different: health & protection...who knows what have caused the difference, one of my mod is only 4*, I swapped a 5* mod and the speed is still the same so I doubt putting the last old g12 piece on him would increase the ship’s speed.

So back to square one.

@TheReal_Mol_Eliza1

@swgohfan29

@Waqui

@JDK82

@NicWester

@Drazz127

Each of the three G12 pieces on the left hand side of Tie Fighter Pilot increases his ship's speed by 1. When you get to G12 Imp. TIE fighter will have 191 speed. Each piece of g12 gear you add will increase that by 1. You need all 3 of those pieces to get the ships speed to 194. You've only got 2 pieces on yours, so yours is only at 193.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

So back to square one.

@TheReal_Mol_Eliza1

@swgohfan29

@Waqui

@JDK82

@NicWester

@Drazz127

Each of the three G12 pieces on the left hand side of Tie Fighter Pilot increases his ship's speed by 1. When you get to G12 Imp. TIE fighter will have 191 speed. Each piece of g12 gear you add will increase that by 1. You need all 3 of those pieces to get the ships speed to 194. You've only got 2 pieces on yours, so yours is only at 193.

Thanks for the information!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

A visual bug. When checking someone else's pilots the crew power displayed is always the crew power of your own pilot of the same type. It's not the actual crew power of that player's pilot.

Just like when checking someone else's ship, you always see how many shards you yourself have of that type of ship.

My statement still stands:
    Whatever increases the GP of your pilot increases its crew power which again increases the ship's stats.
  • Does the 2nd zeta on Bossk make a difference for Hounds Tooth?
  • Lilpup wrote: »
    Does the 2nd zeta on Bossk make a difference for Hounds Tooth?

@Lilpup Does it increase Bossk's galactic power?

• Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    i don't know without doing the zeta to find out.
    i don't know without doing the zeta to find out.

@Lilpup It was a rhetorical question. Adding a zeta increases the gp of a character by over 2,000, so yes, it'll make a difference to the ship's stats.

• Sorry. I meant ships speed...not stats.
    Sorry. I meant ships speed...not stats.

Speed is a stat...
    Sorry. I meant ships speed...not stats.

Speed is a stat...

He was specific because not every gp increase increases speed. Like the g12 pieces.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • If you really want to know exactly what effect zetas/gear have on ship speed, this tool is your best option right now:

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed