Character min levels

What’s level does everyone keep there characters on that they are not using. I don’t like wasting credits on characters I don’t use but I know it helps galactic power.

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    What’s level does everyone keep there characters on that they are not using. I don’t like wasting credits on characters I don’t use but I know it helps galactic power.

If their only use is gp generlal i promote to level 50 and stick some trash mods on them.
  • Yeah I think most go for 50.

I don't even bother if I'm not planning on using them. Maybe I should. I'm just lazy.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I usually go to whatever min is needed to equip the easier gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waste of credits to lvl toons you'll never use. More than half my roster are lvl 1 still. What's the point?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Waste of credits to lvl toons you'll never use. More than half my roster are lvl 1 still. What's the point?

I used to raise them to 50 and put trash mods on them.
    When TB was released it helped for deployment points. When TW was released it hurt because you have a lot of "empty" GP on your roster that still counts when you are matched. So I dont level them anymore.
  • When I get a character that I won’t use, I bring it to lvl 20, g2 or g3, abilities lvl 2. I have hundreds of the pieces used for g1 to g2 so it doesn’t matter if I spend them. The only real reason is to boost GP, especially for deploying in TB.
  • I never thought about how to maximise my gp in TB thanks for tips everyone! For me I leave them at level 1 gear 1 and everything on the lowest.
  • Lots of great advice cheers folks
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Waste of credits to lvl toons you'll never use. More than half my roster are lvl 1 still. What's the point?

When TB was released it helped for deployment points. When TW was released it hurt because you have a lot of "empty" GP on your roster that still counts when you are matched. So I dont level them anymore.

I don't think that's right. Matchmaking is not done by total GP.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

TB GP. Unless you're in a guild already maxing star count, you can get more with more GP just by deploying.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    level 53, gear 7 with excess mods and abilitys up until they need omegas
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Woof, I wouldn't do abilities all the way until the omegas, now that's a crazy waste of scarce resources. Stop at level 3 before you use any purples.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Correct, however, if the toon is over 6k power it will count towards TW matchmaking..... So it's best to keep it under 6k......
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Correct, however, if the toon is over 6k power it will count towards TW matchmaking..... So it's best to keep it under 6k......

I don't know why you say "correct" when you just contradicted what I said.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162893/dev-post-matchmaking-clarification-post-3-15
    As a primary consideration, matchmaking identifies the strongest characters/ships expected to be used by each participant in the Territory War and assigns a value to each roster. Then it looks for the single strongest squads and compares them to each other. Matchmaking then aggregates these criteria for the guild and finds the opponent that is most similar.

Comparing Guild Galactic Power (GP), Active GP, or # of participants can be misleading.

Key phrase: "strongest characters/ships expected to be used." A 6k toon isn't factored in.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Because total GP would include all toons that don't make the 6k power cut.... (Those toons will be counted in active GP for prize level purposes though)....

So yes, you were correct in that total GP does not count towards matchmaking..... I was just pointing out that, as soon as they reach 6k, they count......
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well Im not certain honestly but awards (and I assumed matches) are given out based on Active GP. So If you have 5 100k squads vs 10 50k squads the 100k squad person is going to have an advantage but count the same for initial matching. I see TVFs quote but I dont think that answes the initial match question. Not sure honestly.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Because total GP would include all toons that don't make the 6k power cut.... (Those toons will be counted in active GP for prize level purposes though)....

So yes, you were correct in that total GP does not count towards matchmaking..... I was just pointing out that, as soon as they reach 6k, they count......

Read the link I posted.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Well Im not certain honestly but awards (and I assumed matches) are given out based on Active GP. So If you have 5 100k squads vs 10 50k squads the 100k squad person is going to have an advantage but count the same for initial matching. I see TVFs quote but I dont think that answes the initial match question. Not sure honestly.

The same link says that awards are separate from matchmaking.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ah read the article. First time I have seen that. Very helpful. Thanks.

I will say since the timeframe of that post our experience has been really good. We had 2 wars come down to less than 100 points and one where we won by 4 points.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Read the link I posted.

I read the link...... I just don't believe it to be true.....

We have had tw where we obliterate the whole map, and we got walloped last one when our opponent had multiple gold CLS squads etc that my guild does not have (they also had enough killer squads left to walk through some very strong teams).....
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Read the link I posted.

Well ok then. Hope that tinfoil hat isn't cutting off any circulation...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

Read the link I posted.

Well ok then. Hope that tinfoil hat isn't cutting off any circulation...

So, you are asserting that this is the way tw works?....... You may glbe the only person on this forum that doesn't think matchups need fixed.... And likely one of maybe 20 people that actually thinks it takes into account actual squad synergy and strength....
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    My guild is the underdog by 10-30m GP every time and we're roughly 25-6. So, yeah.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    My guild is the underdog by 10-30m GP every time and we're roughly 25-6. So, yeah.

Mine too.... So explain to us laymen how your awesome guild accomplishes this and how it relates to the link you posted....
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    What I said and the link I posted are directly related. GP is not relevant to matchmaking. Since you either won't or can't understand, I'm done.