Fixing NS zombie

Prev1
evoluza
1379 posts Member
Any plans fixing this in raids?
I have to gear them, because of your new update to stay competitive...
Now I wanna know if you guys fix this or not
@CG_RyDiggs

Replies

  • What exactly is it that should be fixed? Zombie was an anomaly from the day they introduced it because it is the only toon you can run at very low gear level and have your NS team work much better than with G12 zombie. I do not think this is what they intended. But why change it now?
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    Not broken, won't be fixed.
  • evoluza
    1379 posts Member
    It's should not be there intension to do better with the same character at a lower level. So therefore it's broken and should be fixed. If you don't get this, leave this post alone.
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.
  • evoluza
    1379 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.
  • evoluza
    1379 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    They won't.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?
  • evoluza
    1379 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Sorry I was confused. But yeah it sucks, but how can they really change it. They cant.
  • evoluza
    1379 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Sorry I was confused. But yeah it sucks, but how can they really change it. They cant.

    They can. As they do with everything else.
    Rey, st Han, clones... There is a lot they've changed
  • They could easily just write in the unique that zombie has no protection, and has a max of 1 health.
  • This allows the zombie to be faster, hit harder, etc. with more gear, but maintains the benefit of having a weak character that easily dies regardless of gear level.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    I agree that zombie needs to be fixed. It is absurd that a team is punished when a member is more geared.
  • Waqui
    4599 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    evoluza wrote: »
    It's should not be there intension to do better with the same character at a lower level. So therefore it's broken and should be fixed. If you don't get this, leave this post alone.

    1. We can only guess what the intention is. The facts are how zombie is actually designed.
    2. If it really WAS broken, it would have been fixed a long time ago. Did you notice how fast the sith raid was fixed? This indicates, that the designers don't consider zombie as broken.
    3. If you don't like people discussing and disagreeing with you, then posting on public forums is not the best thing to do.
  • TVF
    9359 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Sorry I was confused. But yeah it sucks, but how can they really change it. They cant.

    They can. As they do with everything else.
    Rey, st Han, clones... There is a lot they've changed

    I don't know what was changed with Clones, but nothing was changed with JTR or ST Han. They changed the mechanics of the raid.
  • Hurky
    4 posts Member
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    I agree that zombie needs to be fixed. It is absurd that a team is punished when a member is more geared.

    I could not agree more. this way this encourages the player to invest less for better results as seen in sith raid lower gear as an higher scores a solution could be reset the zombies to gear I and i would agree to lose all the gear invested, that is how good is the under gear zombie with 1 team you can do more than several teams that perform ok like JTR.
  • TVF wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Sorry I was confused. But yeah it sucks, but how can they really change it. They cant.

    They can. As they do with everything else.
    Rey, st Han, clones... There is a lot they've changed

    I don't know what was changed with Clones, but nothing was changed with JTR or ST Han. They changed the mechanics of the raid.

    This^. They changed how the game mechanics reacted with characters kits, changed the percentage amount expose damage did to raids, and altered the description, so uniques no longer activitated by bonds of weakness.

    Again nothing to really change in the raid to affect how much a zombie dies or not.

  • They could easily just write in the unique that zombie has no protection, and has a max of 1 health.

    Won't happen as it still goes against what the devs said. Although working as intended. They never intended zombie to be better lower geared so why would they change it to where she has a max of 1 health?
  • You say “working as intended” and “they never intended [this]” in the same sentence while describing NS Zombie. Which is just echoing the same thing the devs are saying. That’s the issue. That’s why it needs to be addressed.

    Just because something is working as they initially intended, doesn’t mean that down the road things come up and the intention of the character and the intention of the game can’t become incongruent. Redesigning Sith raid mechanics to address certain characters, expose nerf, etc was all a response not due to the characters not WAI, but the mechanics of the game not working under those characters. The same applies here.

    If we can make broad statements about characters and game design in SWGOH, it could look like:
    1) Characters perform better at higher gear, ability, and character (star, training) levels.
    2) Factions have synergy.

    If both statements should be universally true, then it should stand to reason that the best teams would have the highest gear and highest synergy — not that higher gear levels should hamper that synergy.
  • leef
    11241 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    2. If it really WAS broken, it would have been fixed a long time ago. Did you notice how fast the sith raid was fixed? This indicates, that the designers don't consider zombie as broken.
    Teebo...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • evoluza
    1379 posts Member
    They could easily just write in the unique that zombie has no protection, and has a max of 1 health.

    Won't happen as it still goes against what the devs said. Although working as intended. They never intended zombie to be better lower geared so why would they change it to where she has a max of 1 health?

    Everytime saying wan't happen... Brilliant
  • This came up when people were running paper zombie in arena (some still are) but has evolved into Zombie being more effective in PvP and TB/TW as a high-geared player because it performs better on defense this way. (I think of absorbing the barrage of assaults in DSTB as being "defense"). The only area of the game where I think paper zombie outperforms max geared zombie is in the sith raid and I just don't see how it's that big of a deal. You trade 1 environment where you perform better for 3 other areas where you perform worse...
  • Woodroward
    3236 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Zombie doesn't get a taunt until gear 3 or 4. She's worthless below gear 3 or 4.

    And as for an undergeared zombie being better, that is absolutely not the case in TB. Without a zombie capable of surviving 3 hits in a row, your missions will be bugged in phase 6.
  • Huatimus
    3356 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Zombie doesn't get a taunt until gear 3 or 4. She's worthless below gear 3 or 4.

    And as for an undergeared zombie being better, that is absolutely not the case in TB. Without a zombie capable of surviving 3 hits in a row, your missions will be bugged in phase 6.

    Only needs G2 for the Taunt.

    That’s why mine is stuck at 7* G2. :D
  • evoluza
    1379 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    This came up when people were running paper zombie in arena (some still are) but has evolved into Zombie being more effective in PvP and TB/TW as a high-geared player because it performs better on defense this way. (I think of absorbing the barrage of assaults in DSTB as being "defense"). The only area of the game where I think paper zombie outperforms max geared zombie is in the sith raid and I just don't see how it's that big of a deal. You trade 1 environment where you perform better for 3 other areas where you perform worse...
    Woodroward wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Zombie doesn't get a taunt until gear 3 or 4. She's worthless below gear 3 or 4.

    And as for an undergeared zombie being better, that is absolutely not the case in TB. Without a zombie capable of surviving 3 hits in a row, your missions will be bugged in phase 6.

    OK guys....
    NS performing way better then other teams in the raid and NS with low zombie do even better.
    Now we have the new gear and top 10 getting way better stuff. That impacts the hole game.
    So don't tell me ther is no problem
  • Woodroward
    3236 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    This came up when people were running paper zombie in arena (some still are) but has evolved into Zombie being more effective in PvP and TB/TW as a high-geared player because it performs better on defense this way. (I think of absorbing the barrage of assaults in DSTB as being "defense"). The only area of the game where I think paper zombie outperforms max geared zombie is in the sith raid and I just don't see how it's that big of a deal. You trade 1 environment where you perform better for 3 other areas where you perform worse...
    Woodroward wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Zombie doesn't get a taunt until gear 3 or 4. She's worthless below gear 3 or 4.

    And as for an undergeared zombie being better, that is absolutely not the case in TB. Without a zombie capable of surviving 3 hits in a row, your missions will be bugged in phase 6.

    OK guys....
    NS performing way better then other teams in the raid and NS with low zombie do even better.
    Now we have the new gear and top 10 getting way better stuff. That impacts the hole game.
    So don't tell me ther is no problem

    Please don't quote me if you're only going to reiterate your points and ignore what I said.

    I stand behind what I said, and your response when quoting me has nothing to do with what I said.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    This came up when people were running paper zombie in arena (some still are) but has evolved into Zombie being more effective in PvP and TB/TW as a high-geared player because it performs better on defense this way. (I think of absorbing the barrage of assaults in DSTB as being "defense"). The only area of the game where I think paper zombie outperforms max geared zombie is in the sith raid and I just don't see how it's that big of a deal. You trade 1 environment where you perform better for 3 other areas where you perform worse...
    Woodroward wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Are you new here? It's been this way forever, there's tons of other silly complaint threads, they won't change anything.

    You can see my profile. Not really new...
    They changed nute and jawas for the same reason. Undergeared characters shouldn't be more useful then characters.
    Otherwise they have to give everyone their gear back und we can gear zombie or not.

    Edit: not really the same, but undergeared character shouldn't do better then geared ones.

    The only situation I've seen where gear was removed from characters is where someone was found to be cheating. The developers are disappointed that zombie performed better at lower gear levels but her abilities and how she reacts with other NS uniques are WAI.

    I know it's Wai. Doesn't change the fact that they should change something

    I know. But there's nothing to change now?

    You saying they shouldn't change a character that provides the team more at G1 then G12?
    You do double the amount of dmg with G1 zombie. That's nothing they could ignore.

    Zombie doesn't get a taunt until gear 3 or 4. She's worthless below gear 3 or 4.

    And as for an undergeared zombie being better, that is absolutely not the case in TB. Without a zombie capable of surviving 3 hits in a row, your missions will be bugged in phase 6.

    OK guys....
    NS performing way better then other teams in the raid and NS with low zombie do even better.
    Now we have the new gear and top 10 getting way better stuff. That impacts the hole game.
    So don't tell me ther is no problem

    Again, that's only one facet of the game. A low gear zombie means you perform poorly in other elements of the game in order to perform above average in 1 phase of 1 raid. You can still get a lot of damage with max gear zombie in that same phase. Of all the things to get irritated with in this game, I don't know how this even cracks the top 100.
  • They will change it.. don't worry. They aren't dumb enough to keep it the way it is. I have a g4 zombie but i have empathy unlike most others. So don't expect anyone in here to agree.

    Just make enough noise by creating 50 threads on the same issue using different accounts(like a certain bountryhr7). :V

    They can't remove gear btw. They have to change zombie's abilities, something like funderbolts suggested.
Sign In or Register to comment.