Nightmare help

Wardai
252 posts Member
I’m looking for some in-depth help about Nightmare (ep, vader, nihlus, thrawn, sion). I’m farming nihlus and sion atm and at current post they are 4*/3* and I’m wondering when I can swap them in for shore/tarkin and if I should.

I’m looking for who should have the highest speed and best sets for them. I can farm 5 dot health/tenacity/potency and I’m getting closer to working towards speed/cc. Also wouldn’t mind knowing which zetas are required even though I’m aiming for cls or veers to get my next zeta

Replies

• Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    You want speed sets on all of them (literally) - maybe Health + Protection secondaries on palpa so he doesn't get one shotted in the beginning.

Your fastest should be Vader, then Sion , then Nihilus ( some people will say nihilus but I prefer sion to get held by hatred first)
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    You want speed sets on all of them (literally) - maybe Health + Protection secondaries on palpa so he doesn't get one shotted in the beginning.

Your fastest should be Vader, then Sion , then Nihilus ( some people will say nihilus but I prefer sion to get held by hatred first)

Even on palp? I’m running double potency atm and still getting only about 1/2 stuns. What would be the other set if running a speed set on all of them?
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    As far as I know, all my arenamates who are f2p as me have Sion/DN 5* and they are doing well on offense and defense (I'm talking about top 10 in arena). The two zetas required are Palpa's lead and Sion's unique, the rest like Nihilus unique can be ommitted.

On the other hand, Vader should be your guy with the highest speed followed by Nihilus.
  • Isnt Vader highest speed a burden, when fighting mirror matches? Your vader goes first, aoe, which gives full tm for enemy dn, which then comes 2nd, increasing your cooldowns and its pretty much game over?
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Isnt Vader highest speed a burden, when fighting mirror matches? Your vader goes first, aoe, which gives full tm for enemy dn, which then comes 2nd, increasing your cooldowns and its pretty much game over?

From my experience it depends on if the nihlus gets CD up on both my palp/thrawn is what’s made me lose but would like to know for sure if I’m wrong

Edit: I don’t run sion/nihlus yet so might be different from running tarkin/tfp
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Wardai wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Isnt Vader highest speed a burden, when fighting mirror matches? Your vader goes first, aoe, which gives full tm for enemy dn, which then comes 2nd, increasing your cooldowns and its pretty much game over?

From my experience it depends on if the nihlus gets CD up on both my palp/thrawn is what’s made me lose but would like to know for sure if I’m wrong

Edit: I don’t run sion/nihlus yet so might be different from running tarkin/tfp

True to an extent. Yes a faster Vader means the other DN does Drain Force immediately after, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing since your guys will not all have debuffs so DN only has a 50% chance to reduce his cooldown when hitting them. In the meantime you have the TM train from Force Crush running and can outpace the other team as those debuffs fall off. There is a lot of RNG involved and it can hurt you as often as it helps you but I found running the fastest Vader was more consistently a winner than slowing him down.

You don't need much potency on Palp, he gives himself 35% from his lead already. Don't forget his stun is only a 70% chance so no matter how much potency you have you are always going to miss stuns randomly, and no one runs tenacity mods so it's not like you need super high potency to combat super high tenacity. Better off loading him up with speed and offense, I've always run him with the fastest speed offense set that I could with good speed whatever mods in the other 2 spots. Don't bother with CC/CD, his natural CC is atrocious.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Is it worth running one potency set atm? For some reason some people higher then me run a tenacity set or 2, people around me don’t care much for sets just whatever gives them most speed
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Wardai wrote: »
    Is it worth running one potency set atm? For some reason some people higher then me run a tenacity set or 2, people around me don’t care much for sets just whatever gives them most speed

If they have good speed on them, sure. But don't go out of your way or slow him down just so you can use a potency set. He has 82% already just from being in the lead without any from mods and there is always a 15% chance of resist no matter what your potency is.