Jtr arena teams?

Prev1
Trake
148 posts Member
Ok so I’m playing around with a new arena team now that I have Jtr. I’m currently using Jtr, R2, bb8, gk and thrawn. I have a zeta on jtr, bb8, r2, and a double on thrawn. I heard though that Old Ben is pretty nasty instead of thrawn. Mine is g12 with the zeta. What do you guys think? Gk is g11 and 6* but on Wednesday he will be 7* and g12, the rest are all g12. I’m also going to add a 2nd zeta to jtr soon.

Replies

• JTR, R2, BB8, Rey Scavenger, and Resistance Trooper/Poe killed it for awhile in arena
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    I’m working on that squad for sith raid, but not for arena. I just got regular rey to g11 today but my resistance trooper needs a lot of work.
  • bhon18
    28 posts Member
    What about JTR, R2, BB8, Rey Scavenger, GK?
  • I use zHan and Thrawn for more control. My problem with this line up is that I do not have a good target for smokescreen. Usually I target R2 (which hurts me a bit) or I target Thrawn after he has used fracture. Sometimes if I want raw offense, I go any two of the three SRey/RT/zHan. They are great with the g12 Bayonets.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Poldo! Seriously, Poe and Holdo make a good team, good counter to the EP meta.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I don't know about on offense, but my own JTR team has zero issues with any Poe team. Same with Scav Rey.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    bhon18 wrote: »

I just got her to g11, I could throw her in there. Is her zeta a must? Is it a good one?
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    I use zHan and Thrawn for more control. My problem with this line up is that I do not have a good target for smokescreen. Usually I target R2 (which hurts me a bit) or I target Thrawn after he has used fracture. Sometimes if I want raw offense, I go any two of the three SRey/RT/zHan. They are great with the g12 Bayonets.

I have zhan but he’s still only g10, I’d like to hear him a bit more yet before I use him. He’s great, but I need to remod him a bit, get his protection up, a bit squishy yet.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Trake wrote: »

I just got her to g11, I could throw her in there. Is her zeta a must? Is it a good one?

Scav Rey's zeta is not worth it IMO. It would be useful against the EP meta I suppose but you'd be better off looking for an AOE daze like Holdo or Enfy.
  • kevsmart wrote: »

This is sad to hear considering I just got JTR. I don't even have Holdo (or Rose) activated and never plan to do so despite having the shards (I always said I'd never activate a Jar Jar character if we ever get one because he was the worst character in the history of Star Wars - and then TLJ gives us TWO characters worse than Jar Jar!). So sadly Holdo and Rose will forever remain unactivated characters on my squad...
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    That's a nice story. Thank you for sharing it.
  • Trake wrote: »
    I use zHan and Thrawn for more control. My problem with this line up is that I do not have a good target for smokescreen. Usually I target R2 (which hurts me a bit) or I target Thrawn after he has used fracture. Sometimes if I want raw offense, I go any two of the three SRey/RT/zHan. They are great with the g12 Bayonets.

I have zhan but he’s still only g10, I’d like to hear him a bit more yet before I use him. He’s great, but I need to remod him a bit, get his protection up, a bit squishy yet.

at least g11 him, but I recommend g12 in arena =)
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    kevsmart wrote: »

This is sad to hear considering I just got JTR. I don't even have Holdo (or Rose) activated and never plan to do so despite having the shards (I always said I'd never activate a Jar Jar character if we ever get one because he was the worst character in the history of Star Wars - and then TLJ gives us TWO characters worse than Jar Jar!). So sadly Holdo and Rose will forever remain unactivated characters on my squad...

Lol I love people like this. Holdo is great and running her and Scav in the back I can break top 20 and usually not fall to far past 60.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Random9 wrote: »

Lol I love people like this. Holdo is great and running her and Scav in the back I can break top 20 and usually not fall to far past 60.

It’s the same as all the people refusing to watch Solo because they were mad at Last Jedi
  • I’m still running RJT/bb8/R2 with Poe and Finn, and can usually get a top 10 finish in a December ‘15 shard. They roll over any nightmare team without 2 tanks (Sion/sith trooper combo gives me fits). I will occasionally swap Poe for CLS if I need to take down an Enfys Nest team.

They do get picked on a bit on defense, often dropping into the 50s, so it usually takes a crystal refresh if I have the time to take a stab at the top 5.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Why do you need CLS for Enfy? Just kill last, spam basics, hit her hard when she takes a turn. Couple times and she'll be dead.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Ok so I’m playing around with a new arena team now that I have Jtr. I’m currently using Jtr, R2, bb8, gk and thrawn. I have a zeta on jtr, bb8, r2, and a double on thrawn. I heard though that Old Ben is pretty nasty instead of thrawn. Mine is g12 with the zeta. What do you guys think? Gk is g11 and 6* but on Wednesday he will be 7* and g12, the rest are all g12. I’m also going to add a 2nd zeta to jtr soon.

I have heard that the Bens is a really strong tag team if you want to try them together. As has been mentioned above another great option is adding RS and Holdo (I’m farming Holdo myself currently so I haven’t tried her out myself yet). Zeta’d or not, I would never scav rey i an arena team, at least not if you are an advanced player (which you obviously are). She is too squishy and don’t bring enough to the table, RS is a much better option.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    I say JTR, R2, BB8, ScavRey, Resistance trooper
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »

I have heard that the Bens is a really strong tag team if you want to try them together. As has been mentioned above another great option is adding RS and Holdo (I’m farming Holdo myself currently so I haven’t tried her out myself yet). Zeta’d or not, I would never scav rey i an arena team, at least not if you are an advanced player (which you obviously are). She is too squishy and don’t bring enough to the table, RS is a much better option.

I don’t think I’ll use scav rey in arena, I’m building her up for sith raid though, that team is good for phase 1 in heroic sith. I might try the bens a bit, or add nest maybe. I’ll start building holdo too, see how she does.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Yeah for sith raid scav rey is better than Holdo, and for arena Holdo is better than scav rey, so different toons are good for different situations. Comparable to NS in p4 of sith raid for example. There you want Talia in for the healing TM gain under Asaij’s leadership but in arena or TW you are better off with spirit or zombie insttead of Talia.
  • Unless you have scav Rey developed, I wouldn't use her. Others in arena will be more likely to target you if you use scav Rey instead of thrawn and/or GK. Old Ben is another good choice because the AI is not good at dealing with two tanks when on defense
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member

Your loss. And no, neither character was worse than Jar Jar. Stop being a manbaby about TLJ.
  • I like JTR, so I usually use JTR, BB8, R2, Thrawn, and Nest and find that it generally does well in arena. I sometimes will put in Mother Talzin for R2 if I am fighting a dual tank setup with Traya (non-lead). I sometimes also swap Thrawn and Nest our in favor of GK and RT against other JTR teams. I will sub Holdo for GK when I get her to 7*. I usually stay in the the top 50 (on defense) in a Nov ‘15 shard for reference.

That said, I am gearing the trifecta now because it is definitely harder to climb and hold on defense with JTR with all these Traya teams around...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    As much as I love Scavenger Rey, she doesn't fit in this meta. One debuff and she's just an okay attacker who can get foresight, and this meta is all about debuffs.

If you insist on a single-target attacker in addition to Trooper (for real, always use Trooper--he's even better under Jedi Rey since he can actually use his special) then go with Resistance Pilot or the improved Resistance Pilot: Rose.

But Holdo is the real hotness. I've been using Rey, Holdo, Trooper, BB8, R2D2 and have done real well against sith teams that aren't *too* much faster than me. A little faster I can deal with, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    Your loss. And no, neither character was worse than Jar Jar. Stop being a manbaby about TLJ.

I'm simply a huge SW fan with standards and taste - stop being a neckbeard manbaby defending a terrible terrible movie.

• kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    DfqKVVWWAAAfI2s.jpg
  • Trake
    148 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    As much as I love Scavenger Rey, she doesn't fit in this meta. One debuff and she's just an okay attacker who can get foresight, and this meta is all about debuffs.

If you insist on a single-target attacker in addition to Trooper (for real, always use Trooper--he's even better under Jedi Rey since he can actually use his special) then go with Resistance Pilot or the improved Resistance Pilot: Rose.

But Holdo is the real hotness. I've been using Rey, Holdo, Trooper, BB8, R2D2 and have done real well against sith teams that aren't *too* much faster than me. A little faster I can deal with, though.

I’m working on trooper, almost 7*, needs gearing though and some leveling. I’ll add him when he’s ready. When I’m done farming zombie I’ll work on holdo. Zombie is almost 7* as well.
  • Trake
    148 posts Member

I'm simply a huge SW fan with standards and taste - stop being a neckbeard manbaby defending a terrible terrible movie.
    The movie wasn’t that bad, my only issue with last Jedi was Luke and not because Mark complained about it, because I’ve read all the books and they just don’t do Luke any justice. Luke in the books was badass, he learned so many different force techniques from multiple sources but in the movie he just **** in my opinion. Other than that the film was fine. Not great, but plenty enjoyable.
  • I run 3zJTR, 2zR2, 2zBB8, zThrawn, & Old Ben (all g12). Still waiting to zeta Old Ben, but this team functions well. Thrawn is a must, and OB works well, because his speed is so much lower than the others his taunt lasts what feels like forever. GK is a real pain to face, but I'm preferable to using OB
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Humans are allowed to have different tastes.

You don't have to like them. That doesn't mean you have to be obnoxious about it, or get on people's case for not having the same opinion of them that you do.
    Still not a he.