Mod Discussion

This is probably a noob question, but how can you tell which mod to give to which character??

I've heard you can't go wrong with speed/health mods on basically everyone.

But for other chars, how can you tell? Do you look at the stats and try to up their highest stat? or lowest stat?

What is the general methodology there?

Thanks

Replies

• Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The general modthodology is that most characters are different, you generally want speed secondaries to be as high as possible but sometimes there are other secondaries that come into play as well, for example, I would prefer a mod with 15 speed and defense, prot and health for a tank like GK over a mod with 17 speed and offense, crit chance and potency

crouching rancor mod advisor is decent but generally out of date, best to join a discord channel of a faction you're building up and asking for advice there.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Trash mods I try to go for obvious set bonuses that will help the class. Health and defense to tanks. Offense and CD CC to attackers, potency or tenacity to support.

After a while you should only upgrade blue or purple or above mods with any speed secondary. Eventually you will have a lot of them. A lot of my TW C teams have +40-50 speed on most guys that are "tm drivers" for the team and they do really well as a result. Prioritize guys like FOO or Zam or Sith Assasin. Even if the teams are crappy if those guys go first you can win against much stronger teams.

Never ceases to amaze me how many g12 teams will have 3 dot mods or sometime missing mods.
  • When I didn't know any better I just threw any old mod on all my lvl 50+ chars. That was a mistake. Now i'm trying to move mods around and use appropriate mods on chars.
  • ...how can you tell which mod to give to which character??

I find this a useful guideline - http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/mods/
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    The general modthodology is...

I see what you did there mate... ;)

• ...how can you tell which mod to give to which character??

I find this a useful guideline - http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/mods/
    This is very useful information. Thanks!