Gearing Towards Shard Shop?

Not that I am done getting character shards from the GW shipments at the moment but I'm almost done reaching 7 stars in the characters I am wanting to from there.

Instead of picking up character shards I have no real interest in from the GW shipments I may just pick up ones I already have to start saving up for when something I need shows up in the shard shop.

Thoughts and opinions?

Replies

• DV_27
    967 posts Member
    This is exactly what I'm doing. So far I managed to pick up 2 Vader shards. I'd only use it for him, Rey and anakin because those two are long farms. But I'm happy with doing that. I don't need anyone else from GW now
  • I get the occasional Vader and Rey shards there, spending arena tokens on Sid and GW tokens on Lumi to convert to shard shop currency.
  • As mentioned I pick up Vadar and Rey shards cause they are long farms the rest are all useless, but they don't come around often had both on two occasions wish they would come around more often.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Iron_Mike1 wrote: »
    As mentioned I pick up Vadar and Rey shards cause they are long farms the rest are all useless, but they don't come around often had both on two occasions wish they would come around more often.

I haven't come across Rey even once yet. Would be great if they could add an extra 3-6 characters per day then we will have good rotation
  • Stuwart
    137 posts Member
    I'm doing the same and only spending on Vader, Rey, and Anakin. I figure I'll save enough and once another shard exclusive comes around (A character I actually like) then I can 7* that one
  • C00L_Story
    296 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Cool, nice to know others are doing it as well.

I've thought about gearing towards the shard shop for Darth Vader since you are so limited in ways to get shards for him but primarily I'm thinking of doing it to speed up starring up my 3*(a few shards away from 4) FO Tiefighter Pilot and my 4* (soon to be 5 after about 20) FO Storm Trooper.
  • C00L_Story
    296 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I've watched a few youtube videos on the subject of the Shard Shop and it was primarily talked about how the shop seemed primarily for those whale players out there.

I'm starting to see that it can become a great resource for the free to play players who will take what ever short cuts they can take to get shards for hard to farm characters.