[Suggestion] Carbantis/Stun cuffs Craftable with useless gear

Fahrius
620 posts Member
we all are aware of how annoying is the gear bottleneck that Carbantis and Stun Cuffs (and lots of other gears like stun guns, but mostly these ones) create because of almost every single character needs them, and not just a few of them, but a ton of them... its pretty annoying because even after playing 2 years, the gear bottleneck is totally endless, and thats just to upgrade characters over g8, not even talking about to get them to g12...
another problem, is that there is gear that is totally useless (yeah im looking at you TAC challenge) and plenty of other gear too...

so, the suggestion is simple, can you make carbantis and stun cuffs salvages (maybe other pieces too) craftable with those useless gear that we already have over 4000+?
this will lessen the problem and frustration for every single player, and not just that, it will make tac challenge useful for once and actually a needed and enjoyable one like the others...

like these ones:
EC4.png
53E.png
73D.png
EFB.png

https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194

Replies

• Not happening. After what they've done with the new g12 gear, i'm 100% positive their intentions are to create scarcity amongst this gear type at ALL meaningful gear levels.

And so, forget getting better deals of carbantis, stun cuffs, droidcallers and other stuff, because that hope is futile.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    I have been advocating for a "Gear Heist" - but I think I like this idea better. I need more Carbanti's than I will ever be realistically able to acquire.
  • I second this suggestion.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's not a bad idea, but it would "flood" the economy with those hard to farm items and that is not good either.

I agree with crafting or upcycling as an idea to help us improve income if these needed pieces, but it can't just be things we have 1000s of, it still needs to be balanced.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's not a bad idea, but it would "flood" the economy with those hard to farm items and that is not good either.

I agree with crafting or upcycling as an idea to help us improve income if these needed pieces, but it can't just be things we have 1000s of, it still needs to be balanced.

its not just things that we have 1000s, i repeat, ive been playing for 2 years and thats what i have since then.... not like it is going to do a big impact in new players... or your ea/cg's profits

if it is a conversion of 20 uselss salvages for 1 carbanti salvage, that makes 4.000 equal to 200 carbanit salvages, aka, 4 full carbanti pieces...
    with a conversion of 5, it makes it 16 carbantis... in 24 months or 0.6 carbantis per month
    with a conversion of 2, thats 40 carbantis... in 24 or 1.6 carbantis per month

for 2 years of playing... a 5 or 2 seems about right taking into account of how many of them we need....
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Kyno wrote: »

We get Mk3 carbantis in the gear challenges already, and it takes about a month to get enough to use for one piece of gear. Besides buying them in the Guild store, farming them is almost pointless because the drop rate is so low. The same can be said for Mk5 Stun Gun salvage. Farming them is costly due to the extremely low drop rate. You can get them in the shard store and guild event store occasionally, but the rotation for them in those two is so infrequent that it's hard to catch them when they are available.

A gear heist or making stun guns available in the gear challenges would be great. there's already enough hard gear that we have to farm/purchase that making them available in this manner wouldn't hurt the game.

Just for reference SWGOH.GG notes that the Mk5 Stun Gun is needed 172 times by toons. On top of that, it's needed 74 times for the Mk6 Stun Gun and a further 16 times for the Mk4 Stun Cuffs. Add that up and you have need of 262 Mk5 Stun Guns, or 13,100 pieces of the salvage.

Now look at the Mk3 Carbantis. Yes, we get them in a gear challenge 3 times a week for a possible 21 pieces of salvage a week. Normal drops for them is 3 or 5, so a max of 15 and as low as 9 is what I usually see.

Looking at how many toons need them, you have to have 1 Mk3 Carbanti for every Mk5 Stun Gun, so that's 262 of them already needed, or 13,100 pieces of salvage. Add to that, it's used 169 more times by toons just as it's own piece of gear. Then add 78 more pieces of gear they are used for, and that totals out to 509 Mk3 Carbantis for all the toons at the various gear levels, or 25,450 pieces of salvage.

That's a lot of pieces of salvage needed for just two pieces of integral gear for a ton of toons.
    Let's get a gear heist going, or add the more numerous gear that's needed to something more than RNG in the raids and horrendous drops rates on the farmable nodes.