HSTR reward gap outside top 10

The gap between top 10 and 11 and below is rather shocking. The other raids its a lot closer, especially since the rankings that far up can be a small difference in overall damage. This just creates a massive gap in the guild itself between the top 10 and all 40 of the rest of the guild. Was this the intent because I don’t see another plausible reason.

Rank 10 is a H-01 red chest and an H-03 purple chest. The very next rank is an H-04 blue chest. That’s not a gradual reward drop that’s a full on reward cliff from 10-11.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    It is - both in theory and in practice. One of my guildies who finished top 10 in 2 raids will have his first complete g12+ piece tommorow (ironically, he needs some non-g12 to finish it off). Good luck to all of you who face him in arena.

That's 2 raids. Anyone who has finished outside of the top 10 isn't even half way too a full g12+, but there are players who already have one.

The straws are mounting on 80% of HSith players' backs.

Disappointing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The reward gap is positively disgusting and a flat out massive insult to the player. It is tailored to make krackens happy and further the power gap at every turn. I can’t believe after all the feedback, all the threads, all the player discussions they did 100% exactly what the vast majority didn’t want. This proves they don’t honestly care what players think on the subject. HSTR has been out for a while and yet, here we are. Back to day one zero feedback format.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    What you are seeing is the result of new people on the CG/EA team who have decided to ignore the feedback, experience and reasoning of hundreds of players who have played, studied and analyzed the game since launch - players like @scuba and many others. Instead they make the same mistakes their predecessors did and base their long term "vision" for the game on what will make money quickly instead of what will engage and reward a dedicated and passionate player base.

People would virtually throw money at the screen if they felt that CG/EA was trying to develop a game that was strategic and fun - while taking the players' enjoyment into account, instead of just feeling like players are being taken for granted while they attempt to manipulate us out of our money.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    What you are seeing is the result of new people on the CG/EA team who have decided to ignore the feedback, experience and reasoning of hundreds of players who have played, studied and analyzed the game since launch - players like @scuba and many others. Instead they make the same mistakes their predecessors did and base their long term "vision" for the game on what will make money quickly instead of what will engage and reward a dedicated and passionate player base.

People would virtually throw money at the screen if they felt that CG/EA was trying to develop a game that was strategic and fun - while taking the players' enjoyment into account, instead of just feeling like players are being taken for granted while they attempt to manipulate us out of our money.

Spot on
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Just gonna quote this again because it deserves it.
  • Westvleteren12
    62 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Vertigo wrote: »

They aren't just trying to make money quickly. They are trying to continually feed attachment to the game. The more money (and time) you spend, the more you are attached to the game. They are rewarding those who are most attached to the game in order to get them more deeply attached. Player experience is secondary.

If this sounds like drug dealer logic, you're closer to understanding what's going on than you think.
  • Suros
    11 posts Member
    Change guild to one that does level 6 and help them to become heroic and when you get it you will be in the top 10, if it does not seem fair learn to play or take it more seriously than your guild members
  • Suros wrote: »
    Change guild to one that does level 6 and help them to become heroic and when you get it you will be in the top 10, if it does not seem fair learn to play or take it more seriously than your guild members

The least helpful suggestion possible. Not even responding to the point of the post.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Vertigo wrote: »

They aren't just trying to make money quickly. They are trying to continually feed attachment to the game. The more money (and time) you spend, the more you are attached to the game. They are rewarding those who are most attached to the game in order to get them more deeply attached. Player experience is secondary.

If this sounds like drug dealer logic, you're closer to understanding what's going on than you think.

Except that they are doing the opposite of that. The people who don't like the reworks are the HSith players - those of us who have been playing the game (and supporting them financially) since launch. Look at the people posting the concerns in the HSith threads. And those voicing frustration over Ships 2.0. Most of the unhappy players are the ones who have been playing the longest.

CG is not trying to make us happy or listening to our feedback or experience. They are not "rewarding" us for our loyalty or dedication - for sticking with them before there even were ships or even guilds or raids. They are punishing us for it and trying to chase us off.

• sying
    982 posts Member
    Suros wrote: »

The least helpful suggestion possible. Not even responding to the point of the post.

I agree, this isn’t all that helpful. However, part of me wonders if CG is trying to make the stronger players, or at least those in ranks 11-20 move to lower guilds to get the better rewards. It would be counterproductive to everything they’ve done for the past year, though, so I don’t know.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the new rewards system. I’m in an arena shard with someone who already has a 7* traya. He made the comment the other day about not having to worry about being the top performer in every raid anymore. He’s a page one player and poised to get drastically better relative to everyone else on my shard. The more logical part of me understands that this is more likely a step to help those krakens more than it is even dolphins.
  • sying wrote: »
    Suros wrote: »

I agree, this isn’t all that helpful. However, part of me wonders if CG is trying to make the stronger players, or at least those in ranks 11-20 move to lower guilds to get the better rewards. It would be counterproductive to everything they’ve done for the past year, though, so I don’t know.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the new rewards system. I’m in an arena shard with someone who already has a 7* traya. He made the comment the other day about not having to worry about being the top performer in every raid anymore. He’s a page one player and poised to get drastically better relative to everyone else on my shard. The more logical part of me understands that this is more likely a step to help those krakens more than it is even dolphins.

Speaking of which, I moved to another guild in our alliance for a few weeks to help them complete their first HSTR with several others in the top two guilds and got 6th. Better rewards for sure. I still think the gap is atrocious.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I missed all of p4 in the last raid. I think I came in 12th or something. The difference in rewards from top 10 to top 15 even is pretty evident.