Quality of mods in mod store .

Z2gop
199 posts Member
Maybe it’s me but the quality of some of the mods in the mod store has gone down or non existent with the cost it’s ridiculous. Considering that the mod challenges rarely give you anything worth while. Did they say they were changing the mod store .

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I haven't noticed any change. Still see a good cross-section of set, shape, and quality, which I guess is part of a separate observational bias issue. When we see something that's truly representative of the whole, we think the thing we want (speed primary arrows/secondary everything else) is under-represented.

But when you consider that arrow are 1/6 of the shapes and speed arrows are, what, 1/6? 1/8? of the primaries on arrows, and that you probably don't even check what stats are on a health, defense, or tenacity set arrow... It's about right.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • big_bad
    97 posts Member
    It does seem like I see more gray mods in the shop than I was in the past. There was a period of time when it felt like seeing a gray mod in there was the exception to the rule, like pulling 1.5M in the credit heist, but now it's not uncommon for almost half the mods in there to be gray.
  • all of which is still a vast improvement over the original mod store.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    big_bad wrote: »
    It does seem like I see more gray mods in the shop than I was in the past. There was a period of time when it felt like seeing a gray mod in there was the exception to the rule, like pulling 1.5M in the credit heist, but now it's not uncommon for almost half the mods in there to be gray.

Unless you don't have all the t3 Mod Challenges completed, I assure you that it's not half gray.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member

Totally get what your saying but I actually check the stats of every mod . Since it’s all about speed and critical damage for me. Also as @big_bad has said before . I’m seeing a lot more frayed out mods in the shop. I will have to post a picture next time it shows. Last round there were 5 grayed our mods for sale for ridiculous prices. I have also 3 star all of my mod challenges.
    NicWester wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any change. Still see a good cross-section of set, shape, and quality, which I guess is part of a separate observational bias issue. When we see something that's truly representative of the whole, we think the thing we want (speed primary arrows/secondary everything else) is under-represented.

But when you consider that arrow are 1/6 of the shapes and speed arrows are, what, 1/6? 1/8? of the primaries on arrows, and that you probably don't even check what stats are on a health, defense, or tenacity set arrow... It's about right.

• big_bad
    97 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    big_bad wrote: »

Unless you don't have all the t3 Mod Challenges completed, I assure you that it's not half gray.

I'm looking at mine right now, 5 out of 12 are gray, almost half. I've beaten every mod challenge.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    So is this a thing that if you have beaten every mod challenge you get more Gray mods ?
  • No. This isn't a thing. Sometimes there are more gray mods in the store. Sometimes there are zero. There is no guarantee on the quality of mods in the store at any given time. It was simply stated during the mod shop rework that there would be a higher quantity of high quality mods. For example, I have zero gray in my shop right now.