Is Poe's X-Wing reinforce bugged?

NicWester
8928 posts Member
I upgraded Poe's reinforce to level 3 this weekend with all the free reinforce bucks you get from progressing along the new board. The highest level is supposed to add 10% max health bonus damage to all attacks while Dramatic Entrance is active.

I've noticed a couple times that I fire off Poe's special and there's no bonus damage (which is easy to notice, because it's expressed as a separate white number, like when you hit an Exposed or Deathmarked character). Moreover, since upgrading his reinforce ability I feel like the damage on his special has dropped slightly. I used to crit TIEs for 80k, but every so often now I'll crit for 60k.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this? Is it just observational bias or flat out imagination? Figured I'd post this here instead of filing it as a bug because it very well might not even be a bug, and not in general discussion because that place is a constant dumpster fire and this thread would probably devolve into clones needing helmets or whatever. Thanks!
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    I just fully upgraded his special and reinforcement ability a couple days ago and I’ve OHKO every Imperial TIE I’ve run into since then. I normally don’t see the white damage on those but I think that’s because the attack is high enough damage for the OHKO. I have seen the white damage on his basic though on non-kill shots.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    I have seen the white damage occasionally, but I also run on 4x on a choppy emulator so I can see how most of the time will miss.

As for the variance in damage, it depends on if ships have defense up, what their armor is, whether you have offense down or up, plus the natural variance. I sometimes felt like I saw numbers lower than what I was used to after upgrading his special, but then the other day I saw a 142k crit. So I think it can just vary based on a lot of factors.
  • I have it, for me it works in arena, but doesn't in territory wars. Seems to be a bug, you might want to open a bug thread on EA Answers site
    934-111-319
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Chaoscore wrote: »
    I have it, for me it works in arena, but doesn't in territory wars. Seems to be a bug, you might want to open a bug thread on EA Answers site

Uuugh that’s so much work......... can’t you just do it for me?

Nah, I will. But I want to play a little more so I can give more information.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Chaoscore wrote: »
    I have it, for me it works in arena, but doesn't in territory wars. Seems to be a bug, you might want to open a bug thread on EA Answers site

Uuugh that’s so much work........
    Now there is something you and I agree on. ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*