Update on the Continued Territory Battle Issues [MEGA]

14567810Next

Replies

• dabr011
    14 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    You don’t promise something “significant” and then fail to deliver something “significant”. Just saying
    "Significant" is very much a matter of opinion.

I'm not a liar if I say I'll make you a yummy pie, then you don't like the pie.

Actually you kinda are because you set the expectations and did not deliver. But hey CG probably would promjse us a yummy pie and bring us Kale.
  • Options
    Personally 20 shards is more significant than the 2 my guild normally gets.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options

While I'm not upset at the makegood, it's fair to point out that the more your guild missed out on to begin with, the more upset you probably are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    You don’t promise something “significant” and then fail to deliver something “significant”. Just saying

More like you said you make me a yummy pie, but gave me a stale muffin.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Well you can't please everyone. Be satisfied you got anything free in your box, earned or not. They could have just soup ****'d you.

Free? It wasn’t even as much as some people missed due to the bugs.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

We aren’t talking about individual taste though. We are looking at that word in a specific perspective. Significant in this case was said to imply One of these definitions mentioned earlier:
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    "Significant" has two meanings (that I know of):

- sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.
    - having a particular meaning; indicative of something.

Maybe it's meant to be the second one, an indication of...?

So using common knowledge in this frame of discussion you can’t really leave it open to interpretation.
  • Options

Agree, not a liar. That implies a wilful intent to mislead.

But... you'd be incompetent if you promised a "yummy" pie and it turned out to be poor.

And... you'd be rude to then ignore a paying customer when they tell you the "yummy" pie fell far short of expectations of what they consider "yummy".
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Having nothing to say is not the same as ignoring the situation.

There's really nothing they can say to these torches and pitchforks except for, "Noted."
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Having nothing to say is not the same as ignoring the situation.

There's really nothing they can say to these torches and pitchforks except for, "Noted."

Nonsense.

We've had hotfixes applied in no amount of time when things have accidentally been to the players advantage.

We've had far higher amounts of crystals granted as apologies for brief outages that affected few players. Thats good. It keeps your customers happy.

This was supposed to be a makegood for a series of mistakes, bugs and errors. Some are happy with what they got, but many were expecting far better, particularly with use of the word significant.

When you very quickly get feedback from your customers that your apology (and that is what this was supposed to be, an apology for the bugs and broken territory battles) falls far short of expectations you back peddle and improve your offer ASAP.

They misjudged. That's ok. We gave this feedback. Then they should have fixed it. We're talking about virtual rewards here. The mechanisms are there to push rewards to all players. Give something significant.

It absolutely could have been done. Ignoring it doesn't make the problem go away. It makes your customers go away.

A "noted" or "We're listening" isn't good enough... but the thing is, we haven't even had that!

An "oops, sorry, here's some more crystals/currency" would have stopped this in it's tracks. They've totally dropped the ball on this one. Why on earth they would want this continuing to fester away is beyond me...
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    "Backpedal and improve your offer," is not a wise course of action, because it gets the player base accustomed to a structure of, "Kvetch loud enough, and they will cave and give us more stuff."

Revising the offer after it's been announced is one of the worst PR moves they could make long term.
    Still not a he.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    "Backpedal and improve your offer," is not a wise course of action, because it gets the player base accustomed to a structure of, "Kvetch loud enough, and they will cave and give us more stuff."

Revising the offer after it's been announced is one of the worst PR moves they could make long term.

So is continually going back on their word.

See here’s the the thing. It’s not as if they gave say....2500 crystals, 5000 GET currency and a full carbantis to everyone. Had they done something like that, and people complained that it wasn’t “significant” enough then you’d be 100% correct. Giving more in the face of complaints and uproar would be foolish.

However, in this case the makegood was grossly underwhelming. Adding more now is not setting a bad precedent. It’s showing responsibility by fixing a mistake. Whether it be this makegood for all the recent TB issues, the raid reward structure for HST, ships gameplay, or whatever; admitting a mistake and then fixing it to what’s expected is not bad business. In fact it’s quite the opposite. They’d be showing their customers and player base that they can uphold their promises (better communication and game play). That they can take responsibility for mistakes and missteps (see above). That they are in touch with their playerbase, listening to feed back and putting pride aside and making this the best game out there.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody expects daily updates or massive communication like we saw in April after CaPsGate. They even explicitly told it it wouldn’t continue as such. Nobody expected it anyway. But a middle ground of addressing serious issues? That’s not unreasonable. In fact, that should be their priority.
  • Options

Kudos, you've made me laugh.

Describing an effective and positive response option to a bad situation that they made worse as being a worst PR move... in the context of a game publisher with a stellar track record in PR decisions...

Too right people are going to keep complaining. And don't doubt that this will keep going until radio silence is lifted and an apology and/or actaully significant makegood occurs.

That's not caving in. That's recognising that the only positive PR solution to keep your customers happy is to apologise and do what you said you would; provide a significant makegood. It doesn't matter if some people are content with what they got. Enough aren't and that makes this enough of a problem that it wont just disappear of its own accord.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

While I'm not upset at the makegood, it's fair to point out that the more your guild missed out on to begin with, the more upset you probably are.

I don't blame them for being upset, we really should've been given the same shards as we got last time. Unfortunately, complaining about things doesn't seem to work as well as it once did.
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Just bumping this back up so @CG_SBCrumb and @CG_Carrie don't think we forgot about it.... its 11AM PST, how bout some kind of response to this ridiculousness?
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Really?? Still nothing? Come on @CG_SBCrumb get to work and start answering the questions.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    And tb is still bugged....
  • The_Noobish_Hipster
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    kd18v8pi1cul.png

Yep, sure is. I thought this had been fixed by taking CHolo out of TB. Looks like JTR needs to go as well.
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Wow... just wow...
  • Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    And tb is still bugged....
    It sure is. And we still haven't received a significant makegood for them...
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    kd18v8pi1cul.png

Yep, sure is. I thought this had been fixed by taking CHolo out of TB. Looks like JTR needs to go as well.

@CG_Carrie. Maybe the real makegood will come when they finally fix this code..... so never.
  • Simski22
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously how bugged is TB atm.
    Multiple fights this time bugged out after a couple waves and meant i couldn't continue.
    Costing the guild points and as a result TB stars...super frustrating and i'm not the only one this has affected in our guild. Don't even wanna know how many people in other guilds are having the same problem
    g2sul12opfr6.jpg
  • Options
    kd18v8pi1cul.png

Simski22 wrote: »
    Seriously how bugged is TB atm.
    Multiple fights this time bugged out after a couple waves and meant i couldn't continue.
    Costing the guild points and as a result TB stars...super frustrating and i'm not the only one this has affected in our guild. Don't even wanna know how many people in other guilds are having the same problem
    g2sul12opfr6.jpg

What do these squads have in common? Characters with counter-attack abilities. I could be wrong, I suppose it's possible that CHOLO is somehow causing this due to some special code that was added for his kit which is somehow always active even if he isn't present in the encounter, but this really doesn't seem plausible to my defective brain.

I have yet to see this happen to a squad that has 0 counter-attackers. Doesn't that seem odd? Sure, my sample size is limited. But there is certainly ample evidence to suggest this is an area that should be studied.
  • Options
    You may be on to something @EventineElessedil . The first team I encountered that bug with included BB8 as well
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Still waiting for tb to be fixed. Is this ever going to happen. Clearly we have all given up on ever getting any sort of significant makegood
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Why is th still so broken????! @CG_SBCrumb
  • joedaddy
    14 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Why did I not receive any notifications about this?? I've kept telling you guys I never received any message now any rewards.
    Are you now not honoring posted tickets about this problem you did not know about until I opened 3 different tickets?

What a rip-off and not the first time you've screwed me over
    Post edited by Kyno on