Update on the Continued Territory Battle Issues [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Bleh... that’s not even 5 wampa shards.... FAIL!
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Not sure this qualifies as significant, but to be fair, they could double it and add a full mk5 stun gun and people would still complain.

You are correct, in a sense. But the reason people explode on the forums is not because we are whining about minutiae (well, ok, yes, some are... But not all, or even most).

It's because we are investing our time, energy, and money into the game, and continually being ignored, placated and disregarded. But CG is ignoring the impact it is having on the culture of the game... Driving a further wedge between the top 3% and the bottom 97%, with their ridiculous hSTR gear payouts, as well as the payouts of the lower tiers, and their insistence on releasing content that focuses entirely on revenue generation over game quality. And with no regard to the opinion of its player base.

But when a minor complaint is entered about the number of mods in the payout of a Mythic event tier... That gets addressed immediately. For gods only knows why. And that is the real source of our frustration: The issues being addressed or even responded to are never really the ones that are the source of the problem.

And that is what needs to change.

Revenue generation is a good thing provided it’s balanced with was to make it enjoyable for us to generate revenue for the,. They been doing exceptionally poorly in that regard imo. At least for the last year.
  • Options
    In the future its probably a better idea not to set an expectation by saying "significant"
  • Options
    In the future its probably a better idea not to set an expectation by saying "significant"

Business school 101: under promise, then over deliver.
  • Options

"We see that our description of the make-good has caused confusion, so we have decided to remove the make-good."
  • Options

Lol. This last year should have clued most of us (me included) into the idea that significant means less then 500 crystals worth of anything. And most likely some shards for something you already have unlocked.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The compensation is fine and appreciated. Not sure what people were expecting. I'm cool with it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

"We see that our description of the make-good has caused confusion, so we have decided to remove the make-good."

Due to ongoing issues with the removed significant make good, we have decided to offer a significant make good to compensate players. We will offer it once we have been able to review and will update you next week.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Were people expecting Traya shards, zetas, a vault of crystals or some combination of the above? Reading through some comments makes me believe the above may be true.

Accept what is given and pray they don't alter the deal any further.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

Well played sir
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    CG: "We screwed up, sorry, here's some free stuff."
    Forums: "Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Thought it would be the standard 500 crystals. Now i need to file an alimony case...
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The compensation is fine and appreciated. Not sure what people were expecting. I'm cool with it.

Maybe the amount of shards lost due to the bug plus a couple more for the inconvenience. 500 Crystal. As is typical. Get was fine.

With words like significant I would actually expect 2000 -2500 crystals but knowing cg.... that's laughable.
  • Options

This compensation is probably more than the average guild missed. If you compare it to the average this probably qualifies as significant. I’m fine with the rewards, and probably got more than I deserved, since I don’t think it cost our guild that much.

However, if I was in a guild that missed out on 30-50 IPD shards, especially if those would have unlocked him or gotten him to 7*, I would be ticked at being promised a “significant makegood” and then getting half of what I missed out on. I absolutely understand why the people who got the short end of the stick here are outraged.
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    "Significant"
    cuo67b3fv815.png

@CG_Carrie
  • dabr011
    14 posts Member
    Options
    This is in no means significant
  • dabr011
    14 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    How about you make p6 active tomorrow and let me and my guild try the special mission and we can make your make good back on our own. What a terrible attempt to buy us off.

I also amend my statement and will say the person who sent the message of a significant make good has made the rounds for months telling less than the truth. Should have never expected truth this time.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Bullet meet foot.

It's not difficult. If you don't plan on offering something good then don't say your going to offer something good. I mean this isn't likely to make up for what half of guilds normally get in a DS TB. A "significant makegood" isn't figuring out what the average rewards are for the average guild. I was expecting something along the lines of 50 IPD shards and 2000 GE tokens. I don't even care about the crystals, theyre just the gravy on top of the make up for what we missed out on.

I mean come on, give yourselves a break for once and do something most people on here can finally get behind.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options

This compensation is probably more than the average guild missed. If you compare it to the average this probably qualifies as significant. I’m fine with the rewards, and probably got more than I deserved, since I don’t think it cost our guild that much.

However, if I was in a guild that missed out on 30-50 IPD shards, especially if those would have unlocked him or gotten him to 7*, I would be ticked at being promised a “significant makegood” and then getting half of what I missed out on. I absolutely understand why the people who got the short end of the stick here are outraged.

I think that is a fair summation and evaluation of the situation.
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Haha wow. They gave us back what we missed out on this past TB. I’m usually one to defend CG, but this i am at a loss for words lately. Significantly stingy.

I don't know about this....the past DS TB...they definitely didn't give me IPD shards. The LS TB before that...that is the one they gave us stuff for. But not this latest DS TB.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    HK22 wrote: »

I think that is a fair summation and evaluation of the situation.

I honestly think they looked at what the average guild gets and just gave us that. So naturally 50% of people, including me, are not very happy with this. I spent so much energy on hard nodes and spent so much GS currency to get my toons ready for my first attempt and I can't run the darn thing and then we get less than what my guild would have gotten regardless as a make up when only 3 of my guildmates were able to run the thing.
  • Options
    A "significant make good" would have been a re-issuing of the previous DSTB rewards as was done before when TB broke. What is being given is a token gesture. As it is simply all 1s and 0s and not truly tangible I dont see how that couldnt have been offered and universally accepted as significant. @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    Not sure this qualifies as significant, but to be fair, they could double it and add a full mk5 stun gun and people would still complain.

I actually think the forums would have reacted positively if they had simply thrown a fully crafted stun gun in the mix. It’s equal to what? 2400 crystals or something? Basically a $17 “our bad”. Pretty good return to create positive morale for $17 a person.

In my book, this “make good” was about as expected and duly appreciated. A fully crafted stun gun, heck even a fully crafted stun gun salvage, on top of them would have definitely elevated it to a status of “significant” and beyond
  • Options
    I would be much less upset with these rewards if I hadn't just finished grinding 1% out of Nihilus in the garbage that is the Sith Raid, which always puts me in a foul mood.

As it is... I'm wondering why I keep playing this game...

Yes doesn't it though? JTR, Yoda, or not, doing the RNG mess that is P1 of the STR is the WORST part of this game by miles, it ruins your mood and experience, and makes you want to quit playing altogether. Then to add insult to injury, you see the pitiful rewards in your inbox for being such a sucker to subjecting yourself to that experience. I think it's time to step away again like I have before and come back in, oh, another year from now when maybe the current issues are finally fixed, but sadly and almost surely, new ones will be harboring.... :(

• Jesse36
    65 posts Member
    Options
    My goodness that’s not what I’d call a significant make good. That’s embarrassing, especially considering just how many issues there have been of late. Don’t promise “significant” if you mean “minor”.
  • Options
    lol, what a joke. We were getting way more than 20 per TB. ONCE AGAIN...they over promise and under deliver. Shocking
  • Options
    145 Traya shards and I'd been happy... That way I wouldn't be forced to do the Sith Raid... Ever.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Were people expecting Traya shards, zetas, a vault of crystals or some combination of the above? Reading through some comments makes me believe the above may be true.

Accept what is given and pray they don't alter the deal any further.

Oh, get over yourself. 20 shards is 10 people beating the special mission, which our guild had 24 finish it, when in the past we've had 45. 1000 GET wont even buy the cheapest shard pack. And 250 crystals is whats been given for minor things.

This is insulting in light of the scope and breadth of the QC issues we have been dealing with for the past 3 months. Which is what caused the whole "make good" post to begin with. This is adequate for a one time screw up, not something that has plagued release after release.
  • Options
    I’m confused, I thought this was supposed to be a make good for the continued recent screw ups? Seems like this make good was just for the recent ipd one.
  • Options
    I mean, used to be if the login server went offline for 20 minutes, we'd get 500 crystals "to help you on your way."

To paraphrase a certain Queen, it's clear to me this place no longer functions.