Update on the Continued Territory Battle Issues [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    "Significant" does not mean "huge."

This is still a pretty large lump, especially considering we still got the normal payouts for the event.

significant
    ADJECTIVE
    1Sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    A stun gun and a carbanti would have been significant.. 5 zeta mats would have been.. a handful of G12 salvage would have been. 2k GET, 1k crystal, 50 IPD shards would have been... any number of things
  • Options
    If max participation is 100 shards (50 members X double shards), they gave us 20% participation which is 10 members finishing the special mission.

That would be fine and dandy for a small resolution to a specific problem. But the problem is:

Multiple problem over multiple TBs.

Therefore, when presented with a "significant makegood" for "significant problems", this falls "significantly" short of expectations.
  • EvgeniKessel
    220 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    THIS was a "significant makegood" ... and the folks who were impacted were able to keep their seven-star Captain Solo while also getting 20,000 crystals. And that was for one incident. This announcement of a makegood that's actually less than what most guilds lost out on pales in comparison

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134601/20k-crystal-inbox-issue-thread/p1
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Thanks for the slap in the face! I guess that was "significant"...
  • Options
    I think the 20 IPD shards is pretty generous! Isn't that 10 months worth of successful probe droid missions, at 1 Imperial TB/month and 2 IPD shards per run? Just sayin'
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Again I will say this because there are people coming in here wondering why people are under whelmed or mad about this compensation. It appears that they looked at what the average guild earns in the effected missions and offered that as compensation. This averaging means that around 50% of guilds are receiving less than what they would have earned if there were no issues even when taking into account the people who were actually able to do these missions. On top of that you have guilds who are getting about what they missed out on, and those people are wondering why this was put across as a significant gift when it more so looks like CG trying to cover just what they lost. Hence why I'm not questioning how many crystals they are giving us "the more they give us the less people buy" but I question how many IPD shards and GE tokens they are giving us "these are items not sold in the store and they would cost CG little to nothing". Seems like if those rewards we're doubled then few people would have an issue.
    Post edited by Madpup on
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Paticlese wrote: »
    I think the 20 IPD shards is pretty generous! Isn't that 10 months worth of successful probe droid missions, at 1 Imperial TB/month and 2 IPD shards per run? Just sayin'

Only if 1 person in your guild can clear it... If 50 people can clear it that's 100 shards a run.
  • Options
    Seriously? You’re going to start losing players and your daily active user count will start dropping if you keep spitting in the face of your community.
  • Options
    It's a lot to some people, significant to others and not enough to others. Some guilds suffered a lot while others weren't affected, so people will always complain. But again, no matter what CG does people will always complain anyway.
  • Options
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    If this is significant makegood, I'm wondering what the 'normal' makegood looks like.

T6 STR rewards?
    No, to be fair, half of the make-good is still better then #1 t6 STR rewards, LOL, never mind.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I'm torn.

1000 get is the difference between anywhere like 5 stars and like 15 stars, depending on where your guild finishes, and I think many are discounting it's value. The crystals are also on that level of difference. So those are making good on what probably 75% of guilds missed out on and then some (my guild of 20mil gp probably didn't miss any stars so this is all free stuff for me).

As many said the ipd shards are 10 people winning it worth. Again, a small guild like mine, we don't have anyone completing it yet, so this is months of rewards. And many guilds are like this.

So this is probably significant to 75% of guilds.

However, those 75% probably didn't suffer at all from the problems of these tb. Mine didn't. So they were actually suppose to be making good to those impacted, and to them they came up short.

A tiered approach instead of one size fits all? Prize for lvl 65-74, 75-84, and 85? Make it more in line with what you likely missed out on?

• Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    Paticlese wrote: »

Only if 1 person in your guild can clear it... If 50 people can clear it that's 100 shards a run.

Oooooo, that's a good point... i overlooked that.
  • Options
    So in the recent post they admitted that its been a problem over the last 3 tb's and yet we're clearly only being compensated for 1 tb. The DS TB was glitchy and therefore we're being compensated. Varying issues with IPD for different guilds so not everyones happy. What i'm curious by is why is there no ROLO shards too if its been over multiple tb's and a lot less more guild event coin seeing as the glitches blocked out the attempts at special missions too. This really isn't fair compensation no matter which way you look any it.
  • Options
    I try to offer up suggestions instead of just tearing into CG, but I'm at a loss here.

You should have never used the word "significant" when describing the "makegood" if you were actually going to hand us underwhelming compensation.

It's always better to under promise and over deliver, but you missed the mark by a mile here. The best thing to do is go back to your team and come up with a better alternative, because this is far from significant.
  • BuckeyeATW
    88 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This really has to be a joke right? This is “make good” who does it make good? Basically a big kitten to all players for all the time and effort and $ we out into this game...
  • Options
    The GET and Crystals are fine, and while compared to past makeups the crystals seem small they aren't nothing to most players.

The problem is most of the guilds that suffered the most issues lost out on way more than 20 shards.
  • Options
    "Significant make good"

m8pcux3rucmg.jpg
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    So we are on 38 - 40 minimum completion, looking at what I got last time it was 45 ipd shards.. hmmm
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    There's one thing missing in every discussion here... fun. I didn't care as much for IPD shards as for opportunity to unleash my troopers after 2 months of gearing after they got stomped last time.
    "Free" is kind of ok, but I'd rather see extra Credit Heist as a makegood or mythic event going for 3 or 4 days instead of usual couple. Rebel Roundup returning out of rotation as an extra on this weekend. Some stuff that will make up for fun I hoped I would have and I missed due to a glitch.
  • Options
    In my guild, many were saying CG will not give us anything worthy as compensation for the multiple "innaceptable" bugs in multiple TBs... @CG_Carrie told us that CG would give us a significant make-good to apologize for that... I defended CG saying to my mate to have some trust... I was very wrong!!

That is not a make good at all...
    for most 120+ million guilds, these are pretty much worthless compensation... nowhere a significant make good!
    And these guilds probably constitute the majority of the player spending...

I can understand you don't want to give away cristals, GET or gears to keep encouraging people to buy.... i can't understand you couldn't give more IPD shards! Really you were used to give 500 crystals for short and far less impactful bugs... now that? A slap in the face really!!
    Add something like 10 omegas and 5 zeta and maybe we can start calling it a significant compensation... though with all recent issues and the declining trust I see everywhere in CG... i would give a full zeta (20 mats) and 20 omegas... these would even encourage people to spend more because they would feel the love, and because zeta cannot be bought!! And when you can zeta an extra character you want to max his gears so you want more gears... which frustrates you and make you spend more... (that's how CG could earn more by giving more Zeta & Omega!!)

With the current "significant make-good"... i fear I've lost all faith... I still love the game and spent too much (both time & money) to stop, but will not buy anything else till I feel it's worth it again (which would take a very long time in the current state of things)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    There's one thing missing in every discussion here... fun. I didn't care as much for IPD shards as for opportunity to unleash my troopers after 2 months of gearing after they got stomped last time.
    "Free" is kind of ok, but I'd rather see extra Credit Heist as a makegood or mythic event going for 3 or 4 days instead of usual couple. Rebel Roundup returning out of rotation as an extra on this weekend. Some stuff that will make up for fun I hoped I would have and I missed due to a glitch.

I like this idea. Moving forward they should consider more "fun game play" as part of a "significant" make good.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    Quoting for emphasis. Yeah this kind of make good would be spectacular. Running imperial troopers in Rebel Roundup was amazingly fun.
  • Options
    Make food by offering omegas or omega /ability mat packs in store
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Vorgen wrote: »
    ...just maybe next time, learn to under promise and over deliver rather than over promise and under deliver?

THIS. This is what I have been feeling and not sure how to say. Free stuff is great, but the big problem is the constant claims of "significant make good" and "serious procedural changes" and "we take your feedback seriously" which are followed by no change, underwhelming rewards, and continued massive blunders. Learn to set expectations better and I think you will find the forum a nicer place. There will always be complaints and such, but disappointment seems to usually be the biggest cause of it.

@CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie this significant compensation is a slap in the face. I thought your post last week was well done but now we can see it was to only hold us over. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously after this?
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    Options
    v07u7z6q6qpb.jpeg

No they won't-a!
  • Options
    I keep coming back, hoping to see the SWGOH Dev Team tag on this thread, but them I tell myself “why would you think that you dope?”