Update on the Continued Territory Battle Issues [MEGA]

Replies

• Outstanding communication these days, isn't there?
  • Perro wrote: »
    Outstanding communication these days, isn't there?

Just wait until we get an apology for the bad communication and the we are going to make it better post by @CG_Carrie

And there are plenty of suckers who will buy it, too.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    CG dug themselves into a corner when they used the adjective "significant" when describing the compensation.

To many, the promised makegood could be significant but it's entirely too subjective.

Given the history of this forum and the nature of people in general there is little they could have said to avoid some outrage no matter what the compensation.

For instance had they said "makegood" without the word significant, many could interpret them as not taking the issue seriously enough.

On the other hand, saying significant makegood built up high expectations especially for those of us that have received previous compensations that were subjectively more valuable but for a less serious issue (connection issues and the like that were resolved quickly).

The bottom line is, they were in a no-win situation and did the best they could. The takeaway I think many are overlooking is at least they owned the mistake and are committed to fixing it. A year ago we wouldn't have had the same communication and commitment so there is progress being made.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »
    CG dug themselves into a corner when they used the adjective "significant" when describing the compensation.

To many, the promised makegood could be significant but it's entirely too subjective.

Given the history of this forum and the nature of people in general there is little they could have said to avoid some outrage no matter what the compensation.

For instance had they said "makegood" without the word significant, many could interpret them as not taking the issue seriously enough.

On the other hand, saying significant makegood built up high expectations especially for those of us that have received previous compensations that were subjectively more valuable but for a less serious issue (connection issues and the like that were resolved quickly).

The bottom line is, they were in a no-win situation and did the best they could. The takeaway I think many are overlooking is at least they owned the mistake and are committed to fixing it. A year ago we wouldn't have had the same communication and commitment so there is progress being made.

The progress is being made where? We get a lot of lip service, or we were getting it, but the actions they actually take are completely contrary to anything the players tell them without explanation. We're only left to assume a pure profit motive, or sheer incompetence, for the direction the game is taking. Neither of which is good for the majority of players.

They can "own" every single mistake, but until they actually do something that remotely looks like fixing them, or at least a sincere effort to ask players to hang in there while things are fixed, I for one refuse to give them any benefit of the doubt.

Time to put up or shut up, and since CG has already shut up...
  • Strubz wrote: »

The bigger reason, I suspect, for the outrage, is that there were other, far deeper rooted frustrations at the same time... Particularly with the reward change to hSTR and continued wedge being driven between the top 3% and lower 97%. And there was a certain ambiguity with regard to their wording, such that we were suspecting/ hoping for the "makegood" to be significant because it was also addressing those other frustrations.

It is true that the rewards they offered were sufficient for compensating the Territory Battles. But there are several other issues that we, as a player base, have, that seem beneath a direct response. At least IMO.
  • Sad, that the fun and joy, playing this game is being reduced by the fact, that so many players are just looking for issues and the "apology-crystals" that they're getting. And when something doesn't come exactly as they planned or is less than they expected, ,the big "mimimi" begins. Honestly guys: be glad, that they at least give you something for an apology and don't act like a 5-year old that's getting 5 instead of 6 cookies.
  • Funderbolts
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    “They are doing the best they can”

Really? You actually believe that?

I mean if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is a little slow and all over the place and you can tell she’s new, that’s one thing. It can be forgiven and over looked. But if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is only working one or two tables and still hasn’t taken our order because she’s over there playing SWGOH on her phone, then I’m going to get upset. And you, as the customer sitting next me and getting the same bad service, should not be defended those actions when you can clearly see all the same evidence that I do.

If CG is so busy working on a big project that’s keeping them highly occupied, that’s one thing, something we can understand and sympathize with. But there’s no communication on what they are doing, apparently it’s a big secret. All we know is that @CG_CapGaSP said on reddit that no Jedi rework is in the works, but they are working on something. “Something”. No hints. No timelines. Nothing. And here we are expecting the content we already have to work, and we can’t even get that reliably. These TB issue have been going on for several iterations, and yet some here are content with a makegood that doesn’t even add up to the rewards many people missed out on from JUST the last iteration of TB alone.

They are a company that brought in an estimated $152 million dollars from this game in 2017. That’s your money, and my money, and all of the players’ money. They don’t need you defending their actions, what they need is to be held accountable by the players and held to higher standards than what they have been giving us these past few weeks. Or at the very least, to respond back to their customers and conduct some damage control. We shouldn’t have to pry information out of cold, dead hands every time we want to know what’s going on.

All I know is that as an EA shareholder, I’m getting really frustrated with the high price, mediocre to poor growth, and total disregard for the fan base that has been evident in Star Wars Battlefront 2 and now in SWGOH. On top of that, this new Star Wars game that keeps getting delayed. I was so excited when EA got the license to produce Star Wars games, but so far it’s been highly disappointing. You’re not listening, you don’t care, and you aren’t learning from your mistakes.

Edit: CapGaSP confirmed there are no more Jedi reworks in the near term, not RyDiggs, my bad.
    Post edited by Funderbolts on
  • “They are doing the best they can”

I mean if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is a little slow and all over the place and you can tell she’s new, that’s one thing. It can be forgiven and over looked. But if I go into a restaurant and the waitress is only working one or two tables and still hasn’t taken our order because she’s over there playing SWGOH on her phone, then I’m going to get upset. And you, as the customer sitting next me and getting the same bad service, should not be defended those actions when you can clearly see all the same evidence that I do.

If CG is so busy working on a big project that’s keeping them highly occupied, that’s one thing, something we can understand and sympathize with. But there’s no communication on what they are doing, apparently it’s a big secret. All we know is that @CG_RyDiggs said on reddit that no Jedi rework is in the works, but they are working on something. “Something”. No hints. No timelines. Nothing. And here we are expecting the content we already have to work, and we can’t even get that reliably. These TB issue have been going on for several iterations, and yet some here are content with a makegood that doesn’t even add up to the rewards many people missed out on from JUST the last iteration of TB alone.

They are a company that brought in an estimated $152 million dollars from this game in 2017. That’s your money, and my money, and all of the players’ money. They don’t need you defending their actions, what they need is to be held accountable by the players and held to higher standards than what they have been giving us these past few weeks. Or at the very least, to respond back to their customers and conduct some damage control. We shouldn’t have to pry information out of cold, dead hands every time we want to know what’s going on.

All I know is that as an EA shareholder, I’m getting really frustrated with the high price, mediocre to poor growth, and total disregard for the fan base that has been evident in Star Wars Battlefront 2 and now in SWGOH. On top of that, this new Star Wars game that keeps getting delayed. I was so excited when EA got the license to produce Star Wars games, but so far it’s been highly disappointing. You’re not listening, you don’t care, and you aren’t learning from your mistakes.

*Mic Drop*
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    If you don't like the make good, it doesn't matter if you got it yesterday or today. Come to think of it, it doesn't matter whether you like it or not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm shocked not one dev has responded to this or any other related post or reddit thread. At this point, it doesn't matter what they say or promise regarding a make good or improved communication. Actions speak louder than words. Their silence is deafening, a resounding middle finger to their player base.
  • dabr011
    14 posts Member
    Sad, that the fun and joy, playing this game is being reduced by the fact, that so many players are just looking for issues and the "apology-crystals" that they're getting. And when something doesn't come exactly as they planned or is less than they expected, ,the big "mimimi" begins. Honestly guys: be glad, that they at least give you something for an apology and don't act like a 5-year old that's getting 5 instead of 6 cookies.

I don't need anything free except the ability to play the modes I grinded the toons to be able to play. Will state again keep the make good and let my guild have attempts at the portions we couldn't and we would be whole and we would get more than the make good. You want to come celebrate we are selfish and killing the game with complaints and we spent time grinding toons and gear to get these rewards but couldn't even try due to circumstances beyond our control.
  • dabr011
    14 posts Member
    Just read the hot fix notes and it would appear they have completely given up. Don't care anymore, seeing how much longer they can make money til they just shut the servers down given up.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member

These aren't, "Your waitress is over there playing on her phone," issues. They're, "Excuse me, I asked for bleu cheese dressing, not ranch dressing," issues.

This is a huge, complicated game. Most of the pieces and parts work fine. The issues are pretty small, no matter how much this community loves blowing things out of proportion.
    Still not a he.
  • Lol, got the rewards and it turns out it wasn’t a joke! They actually lowballed their own promise to give us some significant make good. If they don’t want people upset, they should suck so much at their jobs
  • Pencilvester
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    CG Carrie:
    pyxf0v1tjtfx.jpeg
  • Communication and reality differing again. 5 days to claim is now 2 days. Way to go. Not.

• Got the rewards just now. Unlocked probe droid so I guess I feel makegood now.
  • Could be a phantom feeling though
  • And then they went ahead and sent out the dribbles anyway...

zljqok7jdgsy.gif
  • Funderbolts
    223 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

These aren't, "Your waitress is over there playing on her phone," issues. They're, "Excuse me, I asked for bleu cheese dressing, not ranch dressing," issues.

This is a huge, complicated game. Most of the pieces and parts work fine. The issues are pretty small, no matter how much this community loves blowing things out of proportion.

Actually, if we want to cherry pick analogies, it’s more like:

Me: “Hey I ordered bleu cheese and you gave me ranch”
    CG: “We are so sorry, here, let me fix this for you” *brings out more ranch dressing*
    Me: “Hey you messed up again, like I said, I asked for bleu cheese”.
    CG: “We are so sorry, here, let me fix this for you” *brings out even more ranch dressing*
    And repeat, for weeks.

And then you wonder why people are getting upset when it’s so clear they just aren’t listening to us in the first place.
  • “They are doing the best they can”

If CG is so busy working on a big project that’s keeping them highly occupied, that’s one thing, something we can understand and sympathize with. But there’s no communication on what they are doing, apparently it’s a big secret. All we know is that @CG_RyDiggs said on reddit that no Jedi rework is in the works, but they are working on something. “Something”. No hints. No timelines. Nothing. And here we are expecting the content we already have to work, and we can’t even get that reliably. These TB issue have been going on for several iterations, and yet some here are content with a makegood that doesn’t even add up to the rewards many people missed out on from JUST the last iteration of TB alone.

Unfortunately there is a history of it. You said you were excited they were doing this game... I was the opposite. I almost didn't play this game because their name was attached. But I had a friend play first and he convinced me to try it. I saw this trend start with Dark Age of Camelot (after EA purchased Mythic Entertainment) and continued with Warhammer Age of Reckoning and Star Wars the Old Republic... All EA games. I had hopes for CG to overcome... To be better.

Remember when EA only made sports games? Pepperidge Farms remembers.