Ewoks VS nest

In this video https://youtu.be/SLLqvDrtmBQ they play 5 ewoks vs Nest alone and Nest wins.

Doesnt that mean that Nest is OP ?

Replies

• I don't think she is OP but she definitely won't help diversify arena too much. JTR teams are basically useless against her as well.
  • Eye
    5 posts Member

I don't think she is OP but she definitely won't help diversify arena too much. JTR teams are basically useless against her as well.

I always beat Nest with my JTR team, it is only needed to change the way you fight her.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ewoks are one of the worst teams against Nest, with their constant tm gain. You want single, hard hits combined with stuns and ability locks to bring her down. Also, she gets stronger when she's alone and you can't dump weaker attacks on other enemies. So this is no proof of her being OP but rather showing the dumbest possible strategy against her.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I don't think she is OP but she definitely won't help diversify arena too much. JTR teams are basically useless against her as well.

Nah, man, Rey's great against Nest. She hits like a truck and will constantly Expose Nest for even bigger hits.

You just have to rethink how you fight her. You don't focus fire her and instead of trying to drain her turn meter you let her take turns. Hit her with Rey, focus fire someone else until Nest takes a turn, hit her again, go back to your other target. It really doesn't take that many hits to kill Nest, it's just that people can't figure out that you don't want to do those hits consecutively.

'
    In this video they play 5 ewoks vs Nest alone and Nest wins.

Doesnt that mean that Nest is OP ?

No, it means that bad strategy is underpowered. Nest was built to counter a very specific, but very popular, squad build. People act all surprised when she beats it. Use another squad to beat her, it's very easy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Ewoks can win when not on auto. Logray needs to not use his TMR special and Wicket needs to save his big attack for right after Nest gets a turn. Otherwise just use basics for the most part.
  • Corpus
    71 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    No, it means that bad strategy is underpowered. Nest was built to counter a very specific, but very popular, squad build. People act all surprised when she beats it. Use another squad to beat her, it's very easy.

I am curious as to what that specific popular squad build is that you are referring to?
  • If u leave Nest to be the last toon to kill, u are in touble. If u attack him with tmr skill and / or assist attack, u are in trouble too. His weakness are single damaging attack, stun and DN. You should also avoid keep hitting him before he takes a turn.
  • If you want to see some defunct mechanics use Nest in P3 of hSTR. She just stands there, barely takes a turn and survives until enrage. Nest is not OP. I can usually kill her without any problems. Talzin can one shot her with the special aoe if Nest already has plague.
  • on a slightly different note, is nest good (and in what comp) for sith heroic raid?
  • crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    No, it means that ewoks have low damage and so much tm manipulation that she never takes a turn to reset bonus protection. Ewoks are an extremely poor choice against Nest just as I imagine zFinn Resistance would be.

I've had no problem against high power Nests in arena with strong attackers who hit her in between her turns. A raid Han with Illuminated Destiny can take a maxed Nest out prerty easily.
  • She's pretty straightforward if you run CLS / Solo. Turn 1, defense down with CLS, Turn 2 use Han's special - hits for 40k+ and she only has 36k health. I usually leave her to last on either comp (JTR or some zEP) and while the turn meter reduction from Titans can get annoying, and she can survive for a few rounds, it's ultimately just a matter of lining up your non-offensive specials with your turns to make sure Han gets the first offensive turn of the round.

Certainly annoying, especially as a single character, but there's all sorts of precedent of 'gimmicky' comps that require special counters (GK/Zarriss, Acolyte/Zombie, even Dooku under Nihilus long ago).