CLS Tier 3

So i'm on tier 3 (Luke and Trooper Han), how the heck do you beat this? I tried Luke lead 3 times, got no where close. Tried Han lead once did even worse. If I focus on the leader then the troopers just use taunt and draw my fire to them. If I taunt with Han then he dies very quickly.

I know I need to lvl up my Han more, and my mods may suck, but still.

Any strategy tips?

Thanks

Replies

• Already answered your own question; level your Han and mods.
  • Just noticed my Luke is only lvl 70 too. Crap. Haha.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I think my leia was G9 and everyone else was g8.

I know it sounds crazy, but put it on auto. This is one of the times that whatever algorithm the AI uses actually works. It may take a number of times. Just hit Auto and watch TV.
  • VonZant wrote: »

I know it sounds crazy, but put it on auto. This is one of the times that whatever algorithm the AI uses actually works. It may take a number of times. Just hit Auto and watch TV.

I will try this. but also Leia isn't in tier 3. Only Luke and trooper Han. Thanks for the tip.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

I will try this. but also Leia isn't in tier 3. Only Luke and trooper Han. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry thought you were talking final batte. I used Han lead and moved mods from my arena tank, beat it, then moved them back.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    Yep, gear and mods you need.Han really benefits from health and protection mods since he taunts. I'm pretty sure CLS is one of those that doesn't unlock until you complete Tier 7, so you'll need to work hard on their levels, gear, mods, and abilities to unlock him. He isn't like R2-D2 where you can unlock him at like 5 (or 4?) stars. The good news is this event comes around every 3 months, so you can get your R2-D2 & Princess Leia up to 7 stars by then and work on some gear. Here is my current squad, i doubt i update the gear or anything on these toons other than R2-D2, so you can get an idea of what it may take. It took me a few tries at Tier 7 and i had to add some Omega abilities to some toons and increase my mod levels.

https://swgoh.gg/u/redduck21502/squads/82731/
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    And i only mentioned Tier 7 because because i figured you may be trying to unlock him at a lower level like the other legendary characters, but i'm pretty sure you can't. So i was hoping to put your mind at ease that in case you were worrying about not unlocking him this week. My Tier 3 had G10 ST Han and the others were G9, if you have the gear and some mods, you can do it fairly easy.
  • Yeah I know everyone has to be 7* to unlock him. I'm about there, need to get R2 up and thats about it. Leia will be there soon, she's an easy farm.
  • Okay, this will make you laugh, but try this. If you are ready to pitch your phone, go into the event, hit auto and watch tv. Rinse and repeat. It works, if you have enough patience. :)
  • So i'm on tier 3 (Luke and Trooper Han), how the heck do you beat this? I tried Luke lead 3 times, got no where close. Tried Han lead once did even worse. If I focus on the leader then the troopers just use taunt and draw my fire to them. If I taunt with Han then he dies very quickly.

I know I need to lvl up my Han more, and my mods may suck, but still.

Any strategy tips?

Thanks

There isn’t much strategy to that section. Basically taunt with Han and use Luke’s special when you can and take out one at a time. I think your mods are what’s preventing you from beating it. I’d put your best health and protection mods on Han so he stays alive. Right now, Han’s mods are junk. But you have better mods you can use.
  • Would a Luke lead be better for this tier or Han lead? I've tried both. Neither will probably make a difference until my lvl and mods come up.
  • Why don’t you just swap mods between Han and someone else with better ones? I used Han’s lead.
  • I don't have any credits right now to swap them haha.
  • Han lead for sure. I waited to taunt and let the damage be spread between Han and Luke in P1. Also, I targeted the scout trooper first to prevent the debuff. Got it first try after trying this strat with both still standing. Lvl 85, G8 & 5/6 for both. Speed around 150ish and ok mods. Basic and uniques both omega'd.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    sthan as leader and have ~40k health/protection or higher. then the event is a cakewalk.

in other words. g9 han w/ all protection mods. give luke a ton of offense. he'll get so much TM from han and if you have his physical dmg around ~2300, he'll just destroy everything and go very often.
  • I'm being dumb here (neither for the first nor last time) but do some events not show up if you already have the characters?
  • I'm being dumb here (neither for the first nor last time) but do some events not show up if you already have the characters?

Correct. You won't see them if you already completed the event (i.e. 7* them).
  • Barik_Edo wrote: »
    I'm being dumb here (neither for the first nor last time) but do some events not show up if you already have the characters?

Correct. You won't see them if you already completed the event (i.e. 7* them).

Thank you - gotcha.
  • lol. Just got so excited that I beat it, then I noticed there was a 2nd wave. Ugh. haha but hey making it to the 2nd wave is improvement.
  • I struggled with Tier III and couldn't find any detailed information on this. I did this, it was quite challenging.

You can auto attack through most of the first wave, but take control near the end of the wave.
    At the end of wave 1 don't taunt when there are only a few troops left.
    Han needs to taunt at the start of wave 2 or you will lose.

Here are my stats:

Luke Skywalker level: 76 abilities: 5/5/6/5 gear VIII power 8101 crit chance 52.2%
    15-D +5.88% offense (Crit Chance), 15-C +30 speed (Crit Chance), 15-D +11.75% defense (Crit Chance)
    15-C +12% crit chance (Crit Chance), 15-D +4% health (Potency), 15-C +24% potency (Speed)

Stormtrooper Han level: 80 abilities: 6/5/6/6 gear IX power 10080 protection 16678
    15-D +5.88% offense (Health), 15-C +7.75% defense (Health), 15-E +8% defense (Health)
    15-C +16% protection (Health), 15-D +15.5% protection (Health), 15-E +16% protection (Health)
  • Funny, I was just trying to figure out how much more I'd have to dump into my 5* Puke & Han to clear this one. Guess I'll be waiting 'til next time. Ah well, at least I got R2. B)
  • I managed to beat it. I had to switch around a few modes and omega Leia up a little.