Fix foresight

Prev13
something just seems very comedy-like that Nest can kill a reworked GMY in 2-3 hits :dizzy:

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Your issue is with attacks that can’t be evaded, not with foresight.
  • well I think we can all agree they are not about to take away attacks that can't be evaded so the only solution is to fix foresight which also is very unlikely to happen
  • foresight is the mechanic thats been made obsolete through ridiculous unavoidable attacks
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    What exactly would you want them to do with foresight?
  • beats me lol....just know it needs work...either that or rework the stats of half the Jedi because when they first designed them....they took into account that foresight was meant to add to their survivability. That's no longer the case soooo yeah back to drawing board
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Is this just another poorly disguised nerf nest thread? Or is it yet another Jedi are still bad thread? Can't tell...
  • Jedi still bad..........no intentions to disguise rofl
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The real problem is that they give good kits to characters that aren't super warriors in cannon. There's nothing comedy like about ep or sion one shotting gmy because they are bad **** sith. Nest vs the jedi grand master is a joke. They should save the awesome kits for awesome characters.
  • by "good" kits for the Sith means having those key words...."can't evade, can't dispel, can't this cant that" etc etc lol
  • Agree with this. It’s like when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object. Somethings gotta give. It’s poor ability crafting by the developers tbh.

And yes new yoda needs to be tankier or else have his foresight’s actually work.

Mine is maxed g12.5ZZ with +135 speed. The counters from nest are super annoying cuz yoda does his mass attack. He loses 5k health just from taking the turn due to EP special and then loses another 10k from the nest counter. He seriously get demolished.
  • Agree with this. It’s like when an unstoppable force hits an immovable object. Somethings gotta give. It’s poor ability crafting by the developers tbh.

And yes new yoda needs to be tankier or else have his foresight’s actually work.

Mine is maxed g12.5ZZ with +135 speed. The counters from nest are super annoying cuz yoda does his mass attack. He loses 5k health just from taking the turn due to EP special and then loses another 10k from the nest counter. He seriously get demolished.

same with mine lol, could barely do yoda's aoe twice before Nest takes him down to yellow health. All because foresight can't do its job. Poor ability craft indeed
  • Jedi and rebels just aren't good against ep lead. Ep lead has anti rebel anti jedi features. That has nothing to do with foresight. Maybe try a team that isn't designed to fail against ep.
  • Jedi and rebels just aren't good against ep lead. Ep lead has anti rebel anti jedi features. That has nothing to do with foresight. Maybe try a team that isn't designed to fail against ep.

but that is the whole point isnt it....? Why does EP led get anti-jedi/rebel kit but Jedi dont get any anti-sith/empire kits?
  • Maybe because the jedi lost to the sith?
  • And when jedi luke comes to the game it likely will shift the meta again. The ls had the meta for the last year. It's ok to let the ds have it for awhile
  • Maybe because the jedi lost to the sith?

and Sith/Empire lost to Rebels :D
  • And when jedi luke comes to the game it likely will shift the meta again. The ls had the meta for the last year. It's ok to let the ds have it for awhile

Nobody's talking meta shift....we're talking about a specific mechanic that has been made obsolete through poor ability kit releases, rendering an entire faction practically defenseless
  • There are a lot of abilities that certain toons can ignore. Sion's ability to revive is stopped by isolate and annihilate for example. Just because some toons can hit through foresight doesn't make it useless. It still blocks attacks from other sources. It's just another thing to take into account in picking what team to use. And it doesn't need a nerf.
  • How does Traya one shotting GMY like butter not make foresight useless?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Dunedain wrote: »
    How does Traya one shotting GMY like butter not make foresight useless?

I don't really think that's a very good simile in this situation...
  • Vertigo wrote: »

"This attack can't be evaded"....what does that do to a toon with already very low health/protection who relies on foresight?
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

"This attack can't be evaded"....what does that do to a toon with already very low health/protection who relies on foresight?

i dont know? why are you throwing yoda at nest?
  • The same thing that it does to any attacker that is a glass cannon. It kills them. There are other ways around this. You could try using a tank to divert some of the damage. You could use a toon to get offense down on toons that are likely to one shot. Could put thrawn in your team and fracture high dmg toons. There are ways in other words. It is less broken then allowing some toons to have constant foresight and never able to take dmg or be killed which seems to be what you're suggesting.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »

i dont know? why are you throwing yoda at nest?

Nobody said throwing Yoda at Nest lol...you mustve missed the talk about Yoda aoe and Nest counters through foresight :D
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Thats throwing yoda at nest.
  • The same thing that it does to any attacker that is a glass cannon. It kills them. There are other ways around this. You could try using a tank to divert some of the damage. You could use a toon to get offense down on toons that are likely to one shot. Could put thrawn in your team and fracture high dmg toons. There are ways in other words. It is less broken then allowing some toons to have constant foresight and never able to take dmg or be killed which seems to be what you're suggesting.

Never suggested constant foresight...I only suggested that the mechanic actually work. Unavoidable attacks doesnt seem broken to you? That also makes it all the more easier for the AI on defense...has the luxury not to worry if an attack lands or not lol
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Thats throwing yoda at nest.

in that sense yeah sure...don't see your point in regards to foresight lol
  • Dunedain wrote: »
    The same thing that it does to any attacker that is a glass cannon. It kills them. There are other ways around this. You could try using a tank to divert some of the damage. You could use a toon to get offense down on toons that are likely to one shot. Could put thrawn in your team and fracture high dmg toons. There are ways in other words. It is less broken then allowing some toons to have constant foresight and never able to take dmg or be killed which seems to be what you're suggesting.

Never suggested constant foresight...I only suggested that the mechanic actually work. Unavoidable attacks doesnt seem broken to you? That also makes it all the more easier for the AI on defense...has the luxury not to worry if an attack lands or not lol

The point is that there are some toons that have foresight a lot and spread it. Gmy has foresight a lot with both zetas. He can also spread it to the whole team. Put in with some other toons that gain foresight easily, and you essentially have a team that can't be damaged. So there's a counter to that. It's irresistible attacks. And it is limited to only a few toons so foresight still has its uses and the toons that beat foresight can be beaten with other toons that can't beat a foresight team very easily. So in a way it creates a bit of a rock paper scissors situation. The problem is your trying to beat rock with scissors and complaining that it doesn't work. Instead you could just use paper.
  • fyi....both Yodas are classed as support...neither are attackers, you may wanna check it haha
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member

I was actually saying that one shotting like butter is not really a good metaphor. Butter doesn't one shot, and no one one shots butter, you can cut butter, but one-shotting it just sounds weird.

Traya shreds Yoda with her saber storm, whats the big deal. Vader's culling blade is unavoidable, Boba's execute is unavoidable. Traya rips through not squishy toons that don't rely on foresight with her saber storm.... That's not a Foresight issue, that's Traya.