Replacement for Droid Team

Toolio
175 posts Member
Hi guys, I don't usually like asking for advice, but I'm in a bit of a pickle with my Arena squad. I'm running the cookie-cutter Po+Po+Droids team, all 7* max gear, and while it has served me well, I'm finding myself falling down the ranks further and further every night.

I have tried different combinations, but I still drop the same or further. I tried

Ventress (lead)
Daka
Dooku
Poe
IG-88

It does well in offense and having Dooku and Daka go on a stun rampage at the start is fun, but I figure having Ventress is like putting a big green light on my teams head to attract attackers.

What would be the most potent and intimidating team for my, considering the characters I have available?

My current stable of characters are:

Poe 7* Max Gear
Poggle 7* Max Gear
IG-88 7* Max Gear
IG-86 7* Max Gear
HK-47 7* Max Gear
Luminara 7* Max Gear
Sidious 7* Max Gear
Ventress 7* Max Gear
Dooku 7* Max Gear
Daka 7* Max Gear
Talia 7* Max Gear
Kylo 7* Max Gear
Ahsoka 7* Max Gear
Phasma 7* Gear 7

QGJ 6* Max Gear
Barriss 6* Max Gear
JC 6* Max Gear
Resistance Pilot 6* Gear 6
Royal Guard 5* Gear 7
FOTP 5* Gear 6
Vader 4* (4 shards to 5*)
Yoda 5* (should have at 7* after next event)

I want to try and formulate an interesting and formidable squad, without resorting to cheesy speed teams.

I really like IG-88, and a goal would be to employ him in a successful team. I really like his synergy with Sidious, but he is such an easy target to burn down.

Any advice?

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I'm still at the top with droids. You need to move last the cookie cutter poe-poggle-droids.
    You need 3 threats. IG88, IG86, Geo Soldier. Then pick 2 from Poggle, Poe and HK47. In my servers there is a version of each in the top of arena. Poggle lead with Poe, 47/Lead with Poe and 47 lead with Poggle
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    I'm still at the top with droids. You need to move last the cookie cutter poe-poggle-droids.
    You need 3 threats. IG88, IG86, Geo Soldier. Then pick 2 from Poggle, Poe and HK47. In my servers there is a version of each in the top of arena. Poggle lead with Poe, 47/Lead with Poe and 47 lead with Poggle

I have been really resistant to farming Geo Soldier. I have him at 3*, and I have Barriss and JC taking up cantina energy priority. It's unfortunate that it seems he is a necessity for a competitive droid team.

Could anybody else take his place? I could sub in RG for Poe and hope IG-88 doesn't get 1 shot. Or put in Daka for a chance of rez and another priority target for opponent to think about. Maybe QGJ but I think without him being leader he acts too slow to save IG-88.

That's why I'm thinking about dissolving the droid team and going in a new direction. Without the speedy bug with the big gun, they just aren't as competitive.