RNG still dominates arena

Edward
651 posts Member
edited June 2018
There are some very effective team combinations that have the highest winning rate for offence and defence, I agree.

However, what happens more often is your key team member is disabled or destroyed from the very beginning purely because of RNG so you can lose three times to the same team you have beaten easily before or after the failures.

Even you change your team or tactics, result remains the same, RNG dominates and steals most of the fun. People crave for a God that beyond their reach so they’ve made their own to worship.
Post edited by Edward on

Replies

• Don't play a RNG based game then
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    It’s designed that way to encourage spending. Make you feel weak and that will make you want to spend to get strong.
  • While RNG may dominate attributes of the game, namely shard and gear accumulation, I disagree that it dominates arena and raid mechanics. It adds a twist, yes, but for the most part it's fairly consistent and manageable. The real challenge, especially in arena, is that while some combinations of team may be great to counter a META it leaves you vulnerable on defense. So, how you balance it or utilize the refresh to maximize crystal return becomes part of the strategy.

I agree it gets frustrating in an ever changing environment, but it's all part of the challenge. And it seems to be working.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Isn't it fun when the coin flip lets your palp go first, but then you stun nothing, the AI palp goes and stuns your entire team?

That rng is always fun!

(but seriously, I remember count Dooku, my rng with him sucke.d (That is not a swearword filters) compared to what I saw the AI get xD)

I think the main issue here is simply the meta currently is incredibly rng based, its very powerful, but very rng. Just gotta wait for a less rng filled meta to happen :)
  • Rui99
    43 posts Member
    Arena and fleet battles are at an all time low as far as fun, I’ve been incontact with my arena shard for nearly two years and haven’t found anyone in there who doesn’t think the fun factor is at an all time low because of how bad arena matches are based in RNG and how bad the traya meta really is.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Rui99 wrote: »
    Arena and fleet battles are at an all time low as far as fun, I’ve been incontact with my arena shard for nearly two years and haven’t found anyone in there who doesn’t think the fun factor is at an all time low because of how bad arena matches are based in RNG and how bad the traya meta really is.

Fleet arena is certainly more time consuming and less fun than prior update.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The way I see it is the current meta is at an all time low for fun, unless its been worse? Cause really, rng pretty much dictates who wins in every match in ships and arena right now.

I wish I got to play the game outside of this current rng meta, I am glad I got to experience ships back when it was better.

@Corruptor It was sarcasm, lol. I do agree with you, I see the same things. Including the fact that this "official forum" exists for us to really just talk amongst ourselves as the devs hardly pay attention to the feedback, and often have to go to reddit to see official news sometimes.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Get more speed, disable the key enemies before they can disable you. Speed beats RNG (Unless the RNG is dodge, then you lose, you will always lose the dodge RNG).
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    While RNG may dominate attributes of the game, namely shard and gear accumulation, I disagree that it dominates arena and raid mechanics. It adds a twist, yes, but for the most part it's fairly consistent and manageable. The real challenge, especially in arena, is that while some combinations of team may be great to counter a META it leaves you vulnerable on defense. So, how you balance it or utilize the refresh to maximize crystal return becomes part of the strategy.

I agree it gets frustrating in an ever changing environment, but it's all part of the challenge. And it seems to be working.

Ship arena is pure RNG, and I frankly dislike it a lot more than before the big update as a result. I don't have issues in regular arena with RNG since I unlocked Traya, but before there was so much turn meter manipulation that many characters were reaching full turn meter at the same time, even on both teams, which makes having a few extra speed over an enemy completely irrelevant.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Mzee wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    While RNG may dominate attributes of the game, namely shard and gear accumulation, I disagree that it dominates arena and raid mechanics. It adds a twist, yes, but for the most part it's fairly consistent and manageable. The real challenge, especially in arena, is that while some combinations of team may be great to counter a META it leaves you vulnerable on defense. So, how you balance it or utilize the refresh to maximize crystal return becomes part of the strategy.

Ship arena is pure RNG, and I frankly dislike it a lot more than before the big update as a result. I don't have issues in regular arena with RNG since I unlocked Traya, but before there was so much turn meter manipulation that many characters were reaching full turn meter at the same time, even on both teams, which makes having a few extra speed over an enemy completely irrelevant.

RNG is really bad today, lost four battles to the same guy, swapping ships didn’t work, five in a roll.