July Calendar up! Chimaera coming but no Home One event in sight

Prev1
dominiQC
396 posts Member
You can find the event calendar here: http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-resources/swgoh-events-calendar/

But something you can't find, is an Home One event in July. With the return of Chimaera, numerous players are short on shards for Home One but this time around it looks like the steady monthly Home One event will not take place in July, leaving all these players clueless on how the devs plan such things.

We all hoped there would be some considerations as the last time they finnally extended the duration of the Chimaera event so it overlaps with Home One after players complaints but this time around they willingly didn't put any Home One event in July. I can't say that I'm happy with this decision and I'm sure many will agree.

Give a shout if it's your case too.

Replies

• nobodyfromjakku
    240 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    As has been said in the other thread about the calendar, and I'm pretty sure somewhere else, the calendar on gaming-fans is incomplete. They left off TW/TB when they released the June calendar over there, so it seems they will always hold something back. Wait until they post the full calendar here before you get the pitchforks out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It is not the full calendar. I cant say what will be on it when its posted here but there will be more.
  • Home one came like 2 weeks ago, let's not get too crazy
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Official calendar is out now on these forums. No capital ship events listed except chimaera. I was going to buy packs of home one too. Guess I’ll be saving some money.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    "Some of the events."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Glauron
    56 posts Member
    Create ships 2.0 with different viable capital ships; maxing the abilities requires 7*'s. Removes standard once-per-month cadence and doesn't do cap ship events.

Checks out.
  • Do the Mythic events usually run right after the start of a Legendary? This sucks really, for anyone who needs a few extra days to actually unlock the toon.

Example, EP is Jul 12 - 18, Mythic is 14 - 15. WHY? This doesn't make sense to me I thought they usually run near or at the end of an event?

Thrawn is same issue. Jul 19 - 25, Mythic 21-22.

I might miss out on both Mythics because I am panic farming as it is and will likely just make it to get each 7*
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    The mythic is always on sat/sun.
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    TIME TRAVEL is here!

Imperial Retaliation:
    07/16/2018 - 06/21/2018
  • CapGaSP
    313 posts Member
    I'll check about the Home One/Chimaera event thing. We usually (but not always) try to lead Chimaera with that.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    I needed 60 shards to get 7* home one. 2 weeks ago I beat the event, refreshed, and bought 2 packs. With legendary cadence, I figured chimaera was coming back in July.
    Prepare better, and you won’t be crying on the forums.
  • ziglet wrote: »
    TIME TRAVEL is here!

Imperial Retaliation:
    07/16/2018 - 06/21/2018

Its to take account of the overlap with the Territory War, preview phase comencing 14th July
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    I'll check about the Home One/Chimaera event thing. We usually (but not always) try to lead Chimaera with that.

Thank you
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Notworking wrote: »
    ziglet wrote: »
    TIME TRAVEL is here!

Imperial Retaliation:
    07/16/2018 - 06/21/2018

Its to take account of the overlap with the Territory War, preview phase comencing 14th July

What?
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    We have “three” Omega events incoming, this is something new though the events don’t matter at all.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Edward wrote: »
    We have “three” Omega events incoming, this is something new though the events don’t matter at all.

Who said the events don't matter? I don't understand your point.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    @CG_CapGaSP thank you for looking into it. Pleeeease bring it back before or with chimaera. I bought Executrix in June and was planning on buying Home One this month for chimaera and was sorely disappointed to not see it on the calendar.
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ziglet wrote: »
    TIME TRAVEL is here!

Imperial Retaliation:
    07/16/2018 - 06/21/2018

I was wondering what is the 16th and 21st month, and then i got the joke. The joke is that you use that month/date/year format. :V
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    if there's no home one event, then there is no home one event, what's the problem with that ?
    it's not that they didn't mess up with stuff like that for a long time. you wan't sabine, oh we just removed her from the shipments deal with it, you want baze, asap ? dream on ......
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Yes and it was out of the blue with no warning. It was every month until this month and then all of a sudden none of the capital ship events this month outside of chimaera.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Shipments are something you have to expect to change. It always did. There are other ways to farm these toons anyways. The matter here is they removed a steady monthly event the month where the ship (that you can only farm in this particular event) is required to complete the rare legendary event.

If you you took just a little bit more time and read the thread including CG comment you would've understood this and you would not have left a pointless comment, or at least would have commented with something that brings value to this thread.

then you're able to show me the thread, statement or whatever i missed where a monthly cadence for fleet mastery events is promised.

just because it always did isn't it making mandatory as they're always subject to possible changes
  • J0HND03 wrote: »
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Shipments are something you have to expect to change. It always did. There are other ways to farm these toons anyways. The matter here is they removed a steady monthly event the month where the ship (that you can only farm in this particular event) is required to complete the rare legendary event.

If you you took just a little bit more time and read the thread including CG comment you would've understood this and you would not have left a pointless comment, or at least would have commented with something that brings value to this thread.

then you're able to show me the thread, statement or whatever i missed where a monthly cadence for fleet mastery events is promised.

just because it always did isn't it making mandatory as they're always subject to possible changes

When fleet mastery came out, it first appeared thrice in the first month and it was then slated to be once a month. Im nt gonna necro a thread for you but as someone who has maxed all capital ships since the first month, i dont have any reason to lie.

Not saying they won’t screw things up though, seeing how they’ve managed to royally screw this game recently with ships 2.0, the new crappy change to hsr rewards (and no improvement to lower tiers either), continuous ignorance of bugs, etc.

This discussion has been closed.