Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Triqui wrote: »
    Bostonmess wrote: »
    Why please should one get him, since you could have ten instead of him?
    Because you might not want to have a 7* Coruscant Underworld Police, Ughnaut and Teebo.

I don't think we should farm him before we 7* Poggle, Phasma, Lumi, HK, etc. But after a while, the GW and Arena aren't that appealing anyways. If you are droid-focused... why not? What do you want a 7* Tusken Raider for if you are heavy invested in Droids?

Follow your pleasure.
    I want them all. Am grateful for every toon I get
    Why not trying a squad of both jawas, Eeth, Ugnaught against droids? Or a tank Team consisting of NS initiate and tusken Raider next to Kylo and phasma? Or put the tusken into an all assist Team. playing with teebo as leader is simply a big fun, seeing your toons in stealth mode.
    There are plenty of combinations I d like to try.
    Game offers much
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »
    Tony167 wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    I got a quick question. I don't often use droids. I do have them lvld to 70 along with poggle. But only at gear 7. My GS is maxed.
    If I wanted to go with a GG squad would my droids and poggle be strong enough at gear 7 to use?

Yes they are pretty strong even at gear 7. I've used them no problem at gear 7 till I was able to get the to gear 8. I took days to upgrade one single hero to 8 and during all that time they were only gear 7. Do try them in challenges, cantina missions and have an idea of what kind of damage you will do.

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear!

Maybe I could finally beat you if I'm facing your new droid setup :D there aren't too many on our server, I think just the two or three in the top 30 or so. Would be interesting with a few more. Eco does really well with his Droids who aren't even fully star'ed or leveled yet so I think yours could do well enough with gear 7. Droids seem beastly on offense at any rate

I'm sure you will. And We will find out soon! I'll prob throw it out there in the next few days. It may not be very strong , but I just want to play around with grievous lol
  • Droids will always hold a special place in my heart in this game. They got me my first top spot on my shard being quite a few character levels and power levels under my competition. Unfortunately they can't ever seem to hold the spot on defense so I switched my team up.

Few thoughts on them.

If you aren't running Poe and you are running Poggle as a leader you won't hold on defense. Even with Poe you may not hold. The extra offense from Poggle is great, but if your droids aren't fast enough to even get off it doesn't matter if they have an extra 2000% offense. Anymore when I fight droid teams I can usually kill 86/88 before they have a chance to move. If they have a GS I will usually kill GS/86 before they have a turn to go. I will then either stun or ability block 88 and it is over. Auto from there on.

Biggest issue I see with RG is that his taunt kicks in (sometimes) if one of your guys hits >50%. That chance will be about 0% for 86/88 as they are usually 1 shot material. It would work with 47 or 100, but those guys are meant to soak up damage and not deal a lot of themselves anyway so it isn't all that great.

I haven't had the chance to play with GG yet. Does he do enough damage to make it worth having one of your other droids taunt to keep him alive? If by some miracle 86 and 88 are alive after the other teams first salvo, I would have to have one of them taunt themselves dead before getting off a special because of GG. I still don't have any friends with him to test him out sadly, and even as much as I love droids I don't feel he is worth the investment that is needed at the current cost of shards for him. Unless of course you have no issue spending a small fortune on the game.

You get 5 shop shards for each extra character shard if I'm not mistaken? GG shards are 225 shop shards to 1 character shard in any configuration in my shop at present. 330 shards to max him out. 74250 shop shards to have a 7* GG. 14850 extra character shards to max him. Let's say you have everyone maxed you want from arena and GW. That is an extra 25 character shards per daily cycle. 125 shop shards daily. 594 days? I'm hoping my math is off a ridiculous amount, or it would take your average non-spending droid lover close to 2 years to pick themselves up a GG.

They'd be better off investing that time into other characters to make sure they can farm out all of the LS/DS battles to gear up their guys. Again I haven't used GG so I'm not sure if he is worth the long term commitment for the newer F2P type player.

On newer shards though it is hard to beat using droid team to rush to the top. They are easy to star up and gear up, plus the synergy makes them so easy to use.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I got a quick question. I don't often use droids. I do have them lvld to 70 along with poggle. But only at gear 7. My GS is maxed.
    If I wanted to go with a GG squad would my droids and poggle be strong enough at gear 7 to use?

Yes they are pretty strong even at gear 7. I've used them no problem at gear 7 till I was able to get the to gear 8. I took days to upgrade one single hero to 8 and during all that time they were only gear 7. Do try them in challenges, cantina missions and have an idea of what kind of damage you will do.

Maybe I could finally beat you if I'm facing your new droid setup :D there aren't too many on our server, I think just the two or three in the top 30 or so. Would be interesting with a few more. Eco does really well with his Droids who aren't even fully star'ed or leveled yet so I think yours could do well enough with gear 7. Droids seem beastly on offense at any rate

I'm sure you will. And We will find out soon! I'll prob throw it out there in the next few days. It may not be very strong , but I just want to play around with grievous lol

I'm pretty sure he'll be ok, based on screenshots I've seen from mature servers.

Like this
    usALtqu.jpg
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he'll be ok, based on screenshots I've seen from mature servers.

Like this
    usALtqu.jpg

That makes me feel a little better. Not sure who they are using with him, but I'm glad to see doe grievous leads at the top

• That is such a mean leader ability. Almost anti-droid. Really put a hurt on another droid team lead by HK.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Poggle leader, geo, igx2, rg. Can get rank 1 daily on whale server. I've tried every droid at every comp and have them maxed. Just pray to rng that the opening Rey or Guigon shot leaves ig88 with a sliver of health to activate RG. Poe doesn't cut it anymore. You also must one shot Rey or equivalent with the geo assist. It's even a win he calls rg to stun them.

True RNG will be the determining factor in many matches. Also it depends on how old the server is. In mine I hardly see any Rey. The most popular teams in my shard is QGJ teams and most of the time the opening move kills my IG88. That was the reason I replaced IG88 with another hero. RG takes longer to farm than Poe. I'm still using Poe as my RG is still 2*, not viable in arena. When my Poe exposes I use GS to one shoot most characters.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Droids are offensive assassins! Don't need them fully starred or geared to do massive damage. With QGJ teams a dime a dozen it's refreshing to be different from what everyone else is doing.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Why please should one get him, since you could have ten instead of him?
    Because you might not want to have a 7* Coruscant Underworld Police, Ughnaut and Teebo.

I don't think we should farm him before we 7* Poggle, Phasma, Lumi, HK, etc. But after a while, the GW and Arena aren't that appealing anyways. If you are droid-focused... why not? What do you want a 7* Tusken Raider for if you are heavy invested in Droids?

Follow your pleasure.
    I want them all. Am grateful for every toon I get
    Why not trying a squad of both jawas, Eeth, Ugnaught against droids? Or a tank Team consisting of NS initiate and tusken Raider next to Kylo and phasma? Or put the tusken into an all assist Team. playing with teebo as leader is simply a big fun, seeing your toons in stealth mode.
    There are plenty of combinations I d like to try.
    Game offers much

There are too many combos to try but limited resources. So to each their own. If someone only wants droids or something droid focus that's his/her choice. It would cost a lot of money to have everyone to 7* and even more to gear every single character. That's why we pick which heroes we want to focus on and work on them.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Droids will always hold a special place in my heart in this game. They got me my first top spot on my shard being quite a few character levels and power levels under my competition. Unfortunately they can't ever seem to hold the spot on defense so I switched my team up.

Few thoughts on them.

If you aren't running Poe and you are running Poggle as a leader you won't hold on defense. Even with Poe you may not hold. The extra offense from Poggle is great, but if your droids aren't fast enough to even get off it doesn't matter if they have an extra 2000% offense. Anymore when I fight droid teams I can usually kill 86/88 before they have a chance to move. If they have a GS I will usually kill GS/86 before they have a turn to go. I will then either stun or ability block 88 and it is over. Auto from there on.

Biggest issue I see with RG is that his taunt kicks in (sometimes) if one of your guys hits >50%. That chance will be about 0% for 86/88 as they are usually 1 shot material. It would work with 47 or 100, but those guys are meant to soak up damage and not deal a lot of themselves anyway so it isn't all that great.

I haven't had the chance to play with GG yet. Does he do enough damage to make it worth having one of your other droids taunt to keep him alive? If by some miracle 86 and 88 are alive after the other teams first salvo, I would have to have one of them taunt themselves dead before getting off a special because of GG. I still don't have any friends with him to test him out sadly, and even as much as I love droids I don't feel he is worth the investment that is needed at the current cost of shards for him. Unless of course you have no issue spending a small fortune on the game.

You get 5 shop shards for each extra character shard if I'm not mistaken? GG shards are 225 shop shards to 1 character shard in any configuration in my shop at present. 330 shards to max him out. 74250 shop shards to have a 7* GG. 14850 extra character shards to max him. Let's say you have everyone maxed you want from arena and GW. That is an extra 25 character shards per daily cycle. 125 shop shards daily. 594 days? I'm hoping my math is off a ridiculous amount, or it would take your average non-spending droid lover close to 2 years to pick themselves up a GG.

They'd be better off investing that time into other characters to make sure they can farm out all of the LS/DS battles to gear up their guys. Again I haven't used GG so I'm not sure if he is worth the long term commitment for the newer F2P type player.

On newer shards though it is hard to beat using droid team to rush to the top. They are easy to star up and gear up, plus the synergy makes them so easy to use.

It all depends on your server. On mine I seem to hold the defense without much trouble. QGJ teams are great against droids with their speed so they can kill the low health IGs. On arena you don't only rely on defenses. To climb to the top one has to fight their way.

GG is a long term commitment. He cost as much as 15 heroes, that is you can choose to 7* 15 other heroes or GG. Without spending it would take a significant amount of time to get him. I have a few friends who have him so I'll try him out. GG is meant to be exclusive, something that gives the whales fast access to acquire- weeks and months in advance from f2p players.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Like this
    usALtqu.jpg

Great to see GG leaders at the top!
  • El_Duderino
    413 posts Member
    edited March 2016

Why not trying a squad of both jawas, Eeth, Ugnaught against droids?

I'm started on something like this, I'll leave out Ugnaught, but today I put in my shiny new fully leveled Datcha at lead for the first time in arena and completely wrecked two maxed droid teams in a row. It worked better than I had even hoped! It was like, opposite day-- instead of me not getting a turn, those droids didn't get any turns.

Next, I'm leveling Ima Gun Di and Eeth Koth (for Yoda event, but will be fun against droids).

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Why not trying a squad of both jawas, Eeth, Ugnaught against droids?

I'm started on something like this, I'll leave out Ugnaught, but today I put in my shiny new fully leveled Datcha at lead for the first time in arena and completely wrecked two maxed droid teams in a row. It worked better than I had even hoped! It was like, opposite day-- instead of me not getting a turn, those droids didn't get any turns.

Next, I'm leveling Ima Gun Di and Eeth Koth (for Yoda event, but will be fun against droids).

@El_Duderino One of my guild mates also made an anti droid team with Datcha and Jawa. Eagerly awaiting Jawa Engineer launch for crazy combos. EK sure will be fun. I'm levelling one myself in my main account for the yoda event and to try him out in anti droid teams.
  • Reyia wrote: »

Droids are offensive assassins! Don't need them fully starred or geared to do massive damage. With QGJ teams a dime a dozen it's refreshing to be different from what everyone else is doing.

Found myself in a server with only 4-5 droid teams in the top 100 and you're right; sure is nice to stick out a bit! Mine are mostly 6* and I hover 20-30 at the moment having switched to droids only 2 months or so ago from a totally different set of toons. Love reading down these droid threads!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Found myself in a server with only 4-5 droid teams in the top 100 and you're right; sure is nice to stick out a bit! Mine are mostly 6* and I hover 20-30 at the moment having switched to droids only 2 months or so ago from a totally different set of toons. Love reading down these droid threads!

Absolutely! In my alt's server there's only just a handful who are using droids. Everyone else has QGJ, Sid, Phasma, and god forbid Chewie still as leaders! Well done in staying top 30. Likewise I love reading droid threads and strategies. There are so many things that I would like to try but the heroes take time to farm.

Toons that I want to try out in droid teams: Lobot, IG100, GG, and RG.
  • Haven't started farming Datcha yet because we have no idea where engineer will be dropped. If he is easily farmable though.... Game on

Absolutely! In my alt's server there's only just a handful who are using droids. Everyone else has QGJ, Sid, Phasma, and god forbid Chewie still as leaders! Well done in staying top 30. Likewise I love reading droid threads and strategies. There are so many things that I would like to try but the heroes take time to farm.

Grievous isn't even on the horizon for me, so I'll have to live vicariously through the forums. Lobot doesn't really interest me as his primary function seems to be giving droids speed, but not enough to warrant inserting him into a lineup with HK leading the way to quick victories. RG I haven't even given thought to yet. Lastly I do have IG-100 at 5*. He's not so great when you have basically any other options (Poe, Daka, GS, et cetera...)

I used him against a few Jedi teams before I veered away from that particular grind and he was serviceable, but that was before the "buff" he got so I can't vouch for his current effectiveness.

Waiting patiently for that fancy new Jawa droid healer.

Which raises a question, since I haven't gone after GS yet (yes, really) would it be presumptuous to maybe boost my Jawa and/or farm Datcha in anticipation? I assume there will be another Genosian at some point soon-ish and that most droid teams will go that way. Just something I'm toying with for now.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Haven't started farming Datcha yet because we have no idea where engineer will be dropped. If he is easily farmable though.... Game on

If he is farmable the droid/jawa landscape will change rapidly.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member

Grievous isn't even on the horizon for me, so I'll have to live vicariously through the forums. Lobot doesn't really interest me as his primary function seems to be giving droids speed, but not enough to warrant inserting him into a lineup with HK leading the way to quick victories. RG I haven't even given thought to yet. Lastly I do have IG-100 at 5*. He's not so great when you have basically any other options (Poe, Daka, GS, et cetera...)

I used him against a few Jedi teams before I veered away from that particular grind and he was serviceable, but that was before the "buff" he got so I can't vouch for his current effectiveness.

Waiting patiently for that fancy new Jawa droid healer.

Which raises a question, since I haven't gone after GS yet (yes, really) would it be presumptuous to maybe boost my Jawa and/or farm Datcha in anticipation? I assume there will be another Genosian at some point soon-ish and that most droid teams will go that way. Just something I'm toying with for now.

Likewise GG is way out of reach ATM and not considering dropping thousands in order to unlock him quickly. Looking through pics and videos are the ways to see him in action. Luckily I have a few allies who have him so I could try out if he appears in the list.

I suppose Lobot isn't that good for droid squads as I haven't seen anyone with him as leader in the top 100. HK47/Poggle are the best leaders for droid teams for the moment.

I'm slowly farming up IG100 but the jedi event makes me want to get all my jedis starred first rather than farming new heroes.

GS is just amazing. Who would have thought a nameless bug to be so game changing. I use him to one shot anyone after my Poe exposes the enemy.

It all depends whether the Jawa engineer is farmable or not. If he is and you have already farmed Jawa/Datcha then power to you! You'll be among the first to have a team ready to use him. Of course there will be new units released and soon we could have a new Geonosian hero to play with! Poggle/GS owners would rejoice. So yes if you don't have anyone on agenda to farm go for Datcha/Jawa/GS. I've fought Datha/Jawa teams in the top 10 and they wiped my Phasma team easy. Luckily after changing my team to QGJ lead I was able to easily defeat them.
  • @Reyia

Hello, I have a 7* General Grievous and am curious as to what build you would put him as leader in. Currently my opposition uses QGJ lead like myself. I have every character unlocked and almost everyone is 7* with 1/4 purple gear. I look forward to a reply. PM if you wish to debate or work out a strategy/shared time to test him
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @TheVem001
    Hey TheVem. I would put him in two different builds, one in a droid team, second one in QGJ team.

For the droid team,
    Poggle (Leader)
    GS
    IG86
    Poe
    GG

As GG has +9% max health for each living droid ally chances are he will survive an attack where IG88 would have died. When it's your turn Poe taunts and exposes enemy. Focus fire to kill one or two characters in first turn.

For QGJ lead team,
    QGJ (Leader)
    GS
    Poe
    Phasma
    GG

Use QGJ and GS to kill one or two characters. Poe taunts and exposes enemy. Use Victory March to gain 50% turn meter and advantage and fire away.
    @TheVem001
    Hey TheVem. I would put him in two different builds, one in a droid team, second one in QGJ team.

For the droid team,
    Poggle (Leader)
    GS
    IG86
    Poe
    GG

As GG has +9% max health for each living droid ally chances are he will survive an attack where IG88 would have died. When it's your turn Poe taunts and exposes enemy. Focus fire to kill one or two characters in first turn.

For QGJ lead team,
    QGJ (Leader)
    GS
    Poe
    Phasma
    GG

Use QGJ and GS to kill one or two characters. Poe taunts and exposes enemy. Use Victory March to gain 50% turn meter and advantage and fire away.

Interesting, I was thinking QGJ, SHan, GS, IG-86 and GG Maybe Sub IG-86 for Old Ben
  • I do like the phasma idea though, just its a 1 turn solution.
  • However on more of a hind sight I could do QGJ, Old Ben, Yoda, GG Then 2x chance for enemy /sadface when they trigger GG taunt could go to old ben or yoda :)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    TheVem001 wrote: »
    @TheVem001

For the droid team,
    Poggle (Leader)
    GS
    IG86
    Poe
    GG

For QGJ lead team,
    QGJ (Leader)
    GS
    Poe
    Phasma
    GG

Interesting, I was thinking QGJ, SHan, GS, IG-86 and GG Maybe Sub IG-86 for Old Ben

I have no experience using Old Ben as I don't have him in both of my accounts. The teams that I've recommended are the ones that I currently use in my accounts, but replacing one hero with GG. They seem to hold well as I'm at 1 in both shards atm. Payout time is in 28 mins. I recommend from experience and from what I have available in my accounts.
    I do like the phasma idea though, just its a 1 turn solution.

After Advantage Phasma damage increases a lot and with 50% turn meter all your other characters can move quicker. 1 turn is all you need to kill 2-3 enemies. The battle is decided in the first two turns.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    However on more of a hind sight I could do QGJ, Old Ben, Yoda, GG Then 2x chance for enemy /sadface when they trigger GG taunt could go to old ben or yoda :)

You could use Old Ben and hope the taunt falls on him and they kill him and your entire team gets buffed.
  • After Advantage Phasma damage increases a lot and with 50% turn meter all your other characters can move quicker. 1 turn is all you need to kill 2-3 enemies. The battle is decided in the first two turns.

Ya, I understand and your point is well taken especially on the 1-2 turn decision factor. Ill do some testing By Monday as I need more time to max GG gear and skills. I will let you know how it goes!
  • @Reyia ya, I was kinda hoping for that outcome. The tears being shed while killing him would be funny as-well lol
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    @TheVem001 I'm in the same boat as you, trying to figure out the best way to utilize GG. I may go poggle, GS, Poe , 86 to start. But I'm def thinking about old Ben now from you mentioning it.
  • @Tony167 Thanks, the trick is to get old ben up in 7* that is a nightmare of a task.