Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Tony167
    231 posts Member
    @TheVem001 I'm lucky enough to already have him starred and geared. So I'll give him a shot with GG and see what happens.
  • One of the best threads in the fourm hands and droid arms down! ...great reads all around.

@Tony167, I am on the same server as you I just realized that a week ago, as a F2P, it's a honor being 30 some spots behind you :)
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    @droidboyz awesome great to see others from our shard. I believe that's 4 I know of now. Congrats on your rank. Keep on moving up the ladder. It's starting to get very competitive now!
  • pretty cool to read everything. As mostly f2p myself I have run droids since the beginning as well. currently staying top 10 on my server with:
    (L) HK 6*
    86 7*
    88 7*
    Poggle 6*
    GS 7*
    all level 70 and almost fully maxed gear. (missing a couple pieces per character)

currently toying with the idea of a Poggle lead coupled with 86, 88, GS, and Daka. What do you guys think?
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    droidboyz wrote: »
    One of the best threads in the fourm hands and droid arms down! ...great reads all around.

@Tony167, I am on the same server as you I just realized that a week ago, as a F2P, it's a honor being 30 some spots behind you :)
    I'm on the server as well! And keep fighting your way up, for this game I'm f2p but by payout I'm normally 6-10 or so. Sometimes a bit better
  • Not sure how peeps think droids are not top tier. I finish top 5 nearly every day 1st or 2nd most days. I fall to the teens on defense.

AI is terrible on defense regardless of the team.
  • Anybody noticed 86 attacks being dodged higher? I played my wife's droid team in Arena today, lost twice in a row because his attack on the special missed. Don't remember the toon but both teams were QGJ led ones. My wife had mentioned this earlier but I thought it was because of Lumi...

Swapped out 86 and won the rest. 47, 88, GS, Poggle and Poe.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I got #1 half an hour ago :)
  • I restarted and am currently just starting cantina. What's going to be my best character to level there? Right now I'm planning on HK47, 86, GS, Poggle, and one other character. Given HK's lead, how viable would a QGJ be instead of 88 or Poe so he could call a quick assist for a total of three assists hopefully getting some crits that make the druids go sooner. Or is it better to go with Poe or someone like Daka. I'm worried that Poe won't be as much help since I'll get hammered quickly by speed teams
  • Not sure how peeps think droids are not top tier. I finish top 5 nearly every day 1st or 2nd most days. I fall to the teens on defense.

Yep, all AI is not very good, but I think Droids actually perform relatively well on defense (relative to other teams on defense). Since there's not much else besides fire and forget-- and AI poggle usually does his offense up first turn. Droid teams on my server are top-5 and seem hold their rank relatively well.

The only real dumb thing I've noticed that AI does with droids is 88 won't use his AOE if someone is taunting. Oh, and if poggle is the sole survivor at the end, he'll often offense up himself instead of going for the kill.

• Bigal
    85 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    I'll post here too if you dont mind, to share my own experience. I also play droids as arena since christmas

@Triqui sure! We both share a passion for droids!

I also love droids i will post as well, constantly 1-10.

Yep, all AI is not very good, but I think Droids actually perform relatively well on defense (relative to other teams on defense). Since there's not much else besides fire and forget-- and AI poggle usually does his offense up first turn. Droid teams on my server are top-5 and seem hold their rank relatively well.

The only real dumb thing I've noticed that AI does with droids is 88 won't use his AOE if someone is taunting. Oh, and if poggle is the sole survivor at the end, he'll often offense up himself instead of going for the kill.

I've noticed that the AI won't use aoe for several characters if there's a taunt. Like kylo. I've also noticed some characters don't use single target specials against taunts. I've definitely seen a luminara attack into a poe first turn instead of force push.

AI is just bad. But the point is droids have good synergy and the sum is greater then the parts. They're top tier even after the poe nerf imo
  • My current team is hk-47 (L), ig86, ig88, gs and poe. should I keep farming poe? who can fit well in my team?
  • darthkuro wrote: »
    My current team is hk-47 (L), ig86, ig88, gs and poe. should I keep farming poe? who can fit well in my team?

Poe is good to go when he hits 5*. He's still good and I use him with droids. However, the tactic that most droid teams used to overcome the speed deficit they suffer was lost when the game mechanics for speed changed. He's good and he still works, but he's not mandatory like he was just a few short weeks ago.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    darthkuro wrote: »
    My current team is hk-47 (L), ig86, ig88, gs and poe. should I keep farming poe? who can fit well in my team?

@Darthkuro Poe is viable at 5* gear VIII. Make sure he's gear VIII as he needs the max speed of 142. You could farm him up to 6* if u want for more health. After Poe start farming QGJ and don't stop till u get him to 7*.

The best addition to your team is Poggle. Poggle is viable at 4* as he's support. Farm him from GW tokens.

After u have poggle you can then replace IG88.

So your team will be
    HK47 (leader)
    IG86
    GS
    Poe
    Poggle

You could also try Poggle as leader once you have the leader ability to high level.

Poggle (leader)
    IG86
    GS
    Poe
    HK47

The above team is my current team in alt and is sufficient to maintain rank 1 at prize giving time.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Bigal wrote: »
    Reyia wrote: »
    I'll post here too if you dont mind, to share my own experience. I also play droids as arena since christmas

@Triqui sure! We both share a passion for droids!

I also love droids i will post as well, constantly 1-10.

@Bigal Awesome the more the better as we all have different experiences!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    TheVem001 wrote: »
    After Advantage Phasma damage increases a lot and with 50% turn meter all your other characters can move quicker. 1 turn is all you need to kill 2-3 enemies. The battle is decided in the first two turns.

Ya, I understand and your point is well taken especially on the 1-2 turn decision factor. Ill do some testing By Monday as I need more time to max GG gear and skills. I will let you know how it goes!

@TheVem001
    Sure do let us know the results! Indeed with the speed/damage meta lead by QGJ with assist on first turn, your squad won't last many rounds.
    @Reyia ya, I was kinda hoping for that outcome. The tears being shed while killing him would be funny as-well lol

That would be very funny if the enemy crit on AOE without realising about Old Ben and kill him by accident or having no prior knowledge about him. Oh squishy target let's eliminate him first. Boom everyone got buffs and terminate him.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    @Tony167 Thanks, the trick is to get old ben up in 7* that is a nightmare of a task.

You don't need Old Ben to 7*. Fewer stars mean he can be killed faster.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    One of the best threads in the fourm hands and droid arms down! ...great reads all around.

@droidboyz Thanks! I'm glad you share our droid passion toon :)

It's awesome to meet server mates in the forum! I bet you will have a blast fighting @Tony167 team! Keep up improving your squad and you'll be in the top soon!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Tony167 wrote: »
    @droidboyz awesome great to see others from our shard. I believe that's 4 I know of now. Congrats on your rank. Keep on moving up the ladder. It's starting to get very competitive now!

@Tony167 It does get very competitive in the top 20. Here you will see top cookie cutter team and fast meta changes. Once a new meta or patch appears you can see immediate team composition changes. Here you can meet whales/dolphins/skilled f2p more often than if you are for eg over rank 100.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    goobstoob wrote: »
    pretty cool to read everything. As mostly f2p myself I have run droids since the beginning as well. currently staying top 10 on my server with:
    (L) HK 6*
    86 7*
    88 7*
    Poggle 6*
    GS 7*
    all level 70 and almost fully maxed gear. (missing a couple pieces per character)

currently toying with the idea of a Poggle lead coupled with 86, 88, GS, and Daka. What do you guys think?

I think it would be great. Try it and let us know how it goes. IMO IG88 has too low of health to be viable and besides your two IGs will be killed first when a QGJ lead team fights you. I would suggest some form of tank if possible.

Try your suggested team first.

Poggle (leader)
    IG86
    IG88
    GS
    Daka

You could also try out

Poggle (leader)
    IG86
    GS
    Daka
    HK47

If you have a tank, replace HK47 by the tank. Daka is pretty good when controlled by ai as she revives entire team plus herself so in that case you won't even need a tank!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    DV_27 wrote: »

I'm on the server as well! And keep fighting your way up, for this game I'm f2p but by payout I'm normally 6-10 or so. Sometimes a bit better

Payout time is the busy time, many people will compete and sniping competition is on!
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Not sure how peeps think droids are not top tier. I finish top 5 nearly every day 1st or 2nd most days. I fall to the teens on defense.

Why people think droids are not top tier at the moment is because the meta has changed from Poe+Droids to QGJ speed teams with a big damage dealer such as GS/Rey/FOTP. When I fight droid teams in my main the opponent team hasn't even made one move and I already killed two or more characters with my QGJ+GS+Poe+Phasma+Lumi team.

Defense is terrible no matter the team composition. No AI is skilled enough to beat a live human player. Except when RNG favours AI more for eg Daka reviving dozens of times or dozens of assists from Phasma led teams.

I finish top 1 everyday in my alt with a droid team at prize giving time so IMO droids teams are still viable.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Anybody noticed 86 attacks being dodged higher? I played my wife's droid team in Arena today, lost twice in a row because his attack on the special missed. Don't remember the toon but both teams were QGJ led ones. My wife had mentioned this earlier but I thought it was because of Lumi...

Swapped out 86 and won the rest. 47, 88, GS, Poggle and Poe.

@Azraelrulez I do notice a few dodges from time to time but not often. Besides I usually have other team members standing so one dodge wouldn't matter.

I have the exact same team except without IG88. Mine is Poggle(leader), Poe, IG86, GS, and HK47.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I got #1 half an hour ago :)

@Triqui Grats! I'm glad we are dominating the leaderboards with tactical droid assassinations. I'm sure someone will find his GW hard as it uses live arena teams for the nodes.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I am slowly working on a droid team, really just for fun. I am currently allocating my arena tokens to HK and IG 88. I have enough shards to get HK to 6* and IG88 mostly to 5*, but am holding off promoting past 4* due to the credit crunch and other projects. So, I probably won't have a full build for another 3 weeks or so.

In the meantime, I am thinking of a hybrid build since I already have maxed GS, IG86 and Poggle (Poggle only 6* but maxed gear).

I originally tried: QGJ (L), Poggle, GS, IG8, Dooku
    I like Dooku with all the assists since it moves his turn meter and he is so good against Jedi.

it worked ok, and was still able to get into top 5, but I felt the overall effect was disappointing, and I struggled against a few teams. So I replaced IG86 with Sid which has worked better.

I am thinking of one of two alternatives:
    Sid (L), QGJ, GS, IG86, Dooku
    or
    Poggle (L), QGJ, GS, IG86, Dooku

In the first one, Sid's leadership applies to everyone. And since IG86 and GS will crit so much, Sid's leadership (+14% crit chance, and +20% crit damage) seems as good (or better) than Poggle leadership for them. The higher crit % for GS means more chances to move his turn meter.

In the second one, they benefit not only from Poggle's leadership, but everyone also gets his offense up buff. Theoretically, QGJ could give the buff too, but it comes at least a round later if at all.

Any opinion on which would be more potent?

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Toddfather wrote: »
    I restarted and am currently just starting cantina. What's going to be my best character to level there? Right now I'm planning on HK47, 86, GS, Poggle, and one other character. Given HK's lead, how viable would a QGJ be instead of 88 or Poe so he could call a quick assist for a total of three assists hopefully getting some crits that make the druids go sooner. Or is it better to go with Poe or someone like Daka. I'm worried that Poe won't be as much help since I'll get hammered quickly by speed teams

If you have just started cantina don't look further from the first node. Farm GS to 7*. Don't do anything else. Don't advance to other nodes. Just GS.

QGJ is a very important hero and I would recommend getting him to 7*. He will be useful to you later on. He could replace IG88 in the team. The droids won't go sooner with QGJ as leader as he only affects Jedi teams. It would be better with a tank such as Poe to protect your droids and offer expose/turn meter reduction for enemy teams or Daka to revive your team and serving as a tank role as they will try to get her down first.

Speed teams will easily destroy a droid team. In my main I run a QGJ team. I often kill 2-3 heroes in my first turn. If you are making a droid team don't stray out of your goal. Concentrate all your resources in it and you will easily take the top ranks. The meta always changes so there could be something new around the corner but if you love droids then don't worry about the meta.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    I am slowly working on a droid team, really just for fun. I am currently allocating my arena tokens to HK and IG 88. I have enough shards to get HK to 6* and IG88 mostly to 5*, but am holding off promoting past 4* due to the credit crunch and other projects. So, I probably won't have a full build for another 3 weeks or so.

In the meantime, I am thinking of a hybrid build since I already have maxed GS, IG86 and Poggle (Poggle only 6* but maxed gear).

I originally tried: QGJ (L), Poggle, GS, IG8, Dooku
    I like Dooku with all the assists since it moves his turn meter and he is so good against Jedi.

it worked ok, and was still able to get into top 5, but I felt the overall effect was disappointing, and I struggled against a few teams. So I replaced IG86 with Sid which has worked better.

I am thinking of one of two alternatives:
    Sid (L), QGJ, GS, IG86, Dooku
    or
    Poggle (L), QGJ, GS, IG86, Dooku

In the first one, Sid's leadership applies to everyone. And since IG86 and GS will crit so much, Sid's leadership (+14% crit chance, and +20% crit damage) seems as good (or better) than Poggle leadership for them. The higher crit % for GS means more chances to move his turn meter.

In the second one, they benefit not only from Poggle's leadership, but everyone also gets his offense up buff. Theoretically, QGJ could give the buff too, but it comes at least a round later if at all.

Any opinion on which would be more potent?
    @Plasmaj
    If I were to choose between the two I would go for the second team. Sid's +crit chance and +damage chance is nice but Poggle would benefit the team more.

Droids and Geonosian allies gain 25% Offense under Poggle leadership. When Poggle buffs all allies gain Offense Up for 3 turns. In addition, droid allies gain Speed Up for 3 turns (which means your IG86 can attack more often) and Poggle the Lesser has a 25% chance to gain 40% Turn Meter. Poggle's basic ability for a chance to inflict ability block could mean preventing a heal or blocking a devastating AOE which could kill your team. Poggle the Lesser also gains 6% Evasion for each living Droid ally. In addition, Poggle the Lesser gains 25% Turn Meter on Evade.
  • IG1066 wrote: »
    Hello.
    I too adore all things driod. I'm currently running a 4 driod set-up with HK as lead and poggle.
    I will be putting Lobot in as leader once I've 6* him. I would've kicked HK out and had all 3 IG droids in, but since the update I think ig100 has lost his teeth.
    Any pointers?

I had my 6* Lobot in Arena and dropped like a stone to below 100 but my other guys weren't up to snuff either. Been a bit shy about trying again until I get him to 7*. Lineup was:
    6* Lobot
    6* 86
    7* 88
    6* HK
    5* Poe

I've since got all my droids to 7* and inserted a newly acquired 7* Poggle into my Arena squad which is currently Sid(L), 88, 86, Lumi and Poggle.

I'll try a Lobot led Poggle, 88, 86, HK Team once Lobot is starred up though I may have to drop HK for Poe.

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • IG1066 wrote: »
    Hello.
    I too adore all things driod. I'm currently running a 4 driod set-up with HK as lead and poggle.
    I will be putting Lobot in as leader once I've 6* him. I would've kicked HK out and had all 3 IG droids in, but since the update I think ig100 has lost his teeth.
    Any pointers?

I had my 6* Lobot in Arena and dropped like a stone to below 100 but my other guys weren't up to snuff either. Been a bit shy about trying again until I get him to 7*. Lineup was:
    6* Lobot
    6* 86
    7* 88
    6* HK
    5* Poe

I've since got all my droids to 7* and inserted a newly acquired 7* Poggle into my Arena squad which is currently Sid(L), 88, 86, Lumi and Poggle.

I'll try a Lobot led Poggle, 88, 86, HK Team once Lobot is starred up though I may have to drop HK for Poe.

I've never seen a Lobot in the top 100. I stay top 50 currently. There's 2 droid teams ahead of me with either Poggle or HK leader. His speed boost to droids isn't worth the leader spot when HK or Poggle both amount to a better offense.