Reyia's Droids Helpline

Replies

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    IG1066 wrote: »
    Hello.
    I too adore all things driod. I'm currently running a 4 driod set-up with HK as lead and poggle.
    I will be putting Lobot in as leader once I've 6* him. I would've kicked HK out and had all 3 IG droids in, but since the update I think ig100 has lost his teeth.
    Any pointers?

I had my 6* Lobot in Arena and dropped like a stone to below 100 but my other guys weren't up to snuff either. Been a bit shy about trying again until I get him to 7*. Lineup was:
    6* Lobot
    6* 86
    7* 88
    6* HK
    5* Poe

I've since got all my droids to 7* and inserted a newly acquired 7* Poggle into my Arena squad which is currently Sid(L), 88, 86, Lumi and Poggle.

I'll try a Lobot led Poggle, 88, 86, HK Team once Lobot is starred up though I may have to drop HK for Poe.

@Jabberwocky

Do let us know how your Lobot lead team fare in the arena, whether the drop is significantly faster than a Poggle or HK led droid team.

You could try a few different compositions:

Lobot (leader), Poggle, 88, 86, HK
    Lobot (leader), Poggle, 88, 86, Poe
    Lobot (leader), Poggle, 86, Poe, HK
    Lobot (leader), Poggle, 88, Poe, HK
    Lobot (leader), 88, 86, HK, Poe
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    IG1066 wrote: »
    Hello.
    I too adore all things driod. I'm currently running a 4 driod set-up with HK as lead and poggle.
    I will be putting Lobot in as leader once I've 6* him. I would've kicked HK out and had all 3 IG droids in, but since the update I think ig100 has lost his teeth.
    Any pointers?

I had my 6* Lobot in Arena and dropped like a stone to below 100 but my other guys weren't up to snuff either. Been a bit shy about trying again until I get him to 7*. Lineup was:
    6* Lobot
    6* 86
    7* 88
    6* HK
    5* Poe

I've since got all my droids to 7* and inserted a newly acquired 7* Poggle into my Arena squad which is currently Sid(L), 88, 86, Lumi and Poggle.

I'll try a Lobot led Poggle, 88, 86, HK Team once Lobot is starred up though I may have to drop HK for Poe.

I've never seen a Lobot in the top 100. I stay top 50 currently. There's 2 droid teams ahead of me with either Poggle or HK leader. His speed boost to droids isn't worth the leader spot when HK or Poggle both amount to a better offense.

@AnonymousLlama Likewise I haven't seen one either. I stay in the top 10 in both accounts normally. There is a droid team in my main's top 10 but there is none in my alt's top 10. One day I would like to fight a Lobot lead team. Hopefully there will be one person in my shards to bring him up to the top. Otherwise we would be waiting for a buff to Lobot so he could become viable in a droid team.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »
    DV_27 wrote: »
    droidboyz wrote: »
    One of the best threads in the fourm hands and droid arms down! ...great reads all around.

@Tony167, I am on the same server as you I just realized that a week ago, as a F2P, it's a honor being 30 some spots behind you :)
    I'm on the server as well! And keep fighting your way up, for this game I'm f2p but by payout I'm normally 6-10 or so. Sometimes a bit better

Payout time is the busy time, many people will compete and sniping competition is on!
    I'm lucky enough that I live in South Africa so I'm only competing with 4/5 others during my payout time. I'm sure it would be much tougher if there were dozens fighting during my time zone
  • I'm on my transition for droid/geo team. I do hit number 1 or at least top 5 daily with this team: sid (lead), poe, geo, poggle, 88 or lumi. They are all maxed except poe at 6*.

Other chars I have are:
    6* 86
    4* HK (still have a long way to go)

What do you think of Poggle (lead), 86, 88, geo, sid(or poe) team? I would afraid the opponents will smash my team before I can even make a move.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Is the hotline number 867-5309?

Lol. Nope it's 1800 droids.

Not to be confused with 1800 ROIDS.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • climax
    16 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I am using a droid team, a classic one:
    Poggle(L), GS, IG86, IG88, Poe. All maxed.
    Do you think this is the best overall droid team for Arena, Reyia? Or there are other better combinations? Thinking about switching maybe IG88 with HK47. I usually finish in my top5. Thanks!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Plasmaj wrote: »
    I am slowly working on a droid team, really just for fun. I am currently allocating my arena tokens to HK and IG 88. I have enough shards to get HK to 6* and IG88 mostly to 5*, but am holding off promoting past 4* due to the credit crunch and other projects. So, I probably won't have a full build for another 3 weeks or so.

In the meantime, I am thinking of a hybrid build since I already have maxed GS, IG86 and Poggle (Poggle only 6* but maxed gear).

I originally tried: QGJ (L), Poggle, GS, IG8, Dooku
    I like Dooku with all the assists since it moves his turn meter and he is so good against Jedi.

it worked ok, and was still able to get into top 5, but I felt the overall effect was disappointing, and I struggled against a few teams. So I replaced IG86 with Sid which has worked better.

I am thinking of one of two alternatives:
    Sid (L), QGJ, GS, IG86, Dooku
    or
    Poggle (L), QGJ, GS, IG86, Dooku

In the first one, Sid's leadership applies to everyone. And since IG86 and GS will crit so much, Sid's leadership (+14% crit chance, and +20% crit damage) seems as good (or better) than Poggle leadership for them. The higher crit % for GS means more chances to move his turn meter.

In the second one, they benefit not only from Poggle's leadership, but everyone also gets his offense up buff. Theoretically, QGJ could give the buff too, but it comes at least a round later if at all.

Any opinion on which would be more potent?

Work 88 more than 47. 6* Hk is plenty, even 5* is enough for a while, most his damage come from giving crit% and crit chance to other droids. On the other hand 88 needs all the HP he can squeeze.

I would take Sid lead if you had 88, but with 86 and Geo I'd take Poggle
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    climax wrote: »
    Do you think this is the best overall droid team for Arena, Reyia? Or there are other better combinations? Thinking about switching maybe IG88 with HK47. I usually finish in my top5. Thanks!

That one you have is a pretty good one. I would not swap HK for 88, HK needs to lead tobbe useful, abd you can't play with just 2 threats (86, Geo). Need at least 3. That's why we have to sacrifice 1 from HK, Poggle and Poe/Royal Guard
  • Plasmaj wrote: »
    I am thinking of one of two alternatives:

Any opinion on which would be more potent?

I run a mixture of both alternatives currently: Sid (L), GS, 86, Poggle, Dooku
    This is a good compromise somehow to fight against the speedy Jedi and the droid squads, which dominate top 20.
    The main advantages of this setup is
    1. you have the huge synergy between Sid's Leadership and Poggle's Off bonus
    2. you are still comparably quick and not all opponents run their moves before you can start
    3. you win your matches safely
    with first, stunning a Jedi or 86 with his low tenacity
    Then attacking the biggest threat with Sid's basic and killing safely this opponent with GS special move and so on.

This squad is boring and I wish I could bring some others. Cant see Sid and Dooku anymore but whatever else I try, I drop much more in Arena ranking. Poggle leading, GS, 86, 88 + Daka or Poe and I Start next day from 25-30 instead of 10-15 ...
    Especially 88 seems to be an invitation to others, this poor lad
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    In my opinion,

playing poe and poggle with droid is just for damage and redirecting attacks on poe. Nothing special.
    I think droids are capableto play with plenty other chars.
    Iam curently playing them with jedi and sidious.
    But farming for phasma and boba feet. Did anone notice thepower of boba feet ?
    Plus 30% crit damage, revive chance etc... I think its exactly worth..

What do you thing about droid synergy and phasma plus boba ?
  • Bostonmess
    176 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Fett is too slow and has low HP for a tank. Though his leadership skill with +50% crit dmg sounds great, he is never used in arena. There are better characters in cantina shipments ...
    He was my best bronzium pull so far, but he needs a buff before I d think of farming him
    And even if you consider it, the question should be Phasma OR Fett, cause their leadership skills are main factors for entering them into squad composition
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Btw when ig 88 uses his multiple attack rapid fire and blocks abilities to enemies healers instantly loose their cost. Moreover, iam not realy sure if this synergy needs a healer, iam sure that boba for me is great maybe low hp is bad but droids can kill in one hit....
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    Also an opponent needs to kill as first ig 86 and 88. None would damage boba.
  • Well, go ahead. If he would have been in GW or Arena shipments, more teams would have farmed him. But cantina's are time and/or cost intensive ...
    Triqui wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    Toolio wrote: »
    Is there a way without farming GS, to improve the viability of this team in high-end arena (I'm on a November server with a fair few whales).
    In my opinion, no, because:

With the changes to Poe, this team just doesn't cut it in the speed meta.

This is the reason. Even with GS, you are slower than true fast teams. You can overcome it because AI targeting sucks and dont kill GS first all the time.
    We would need a fast droid to be viable without GS

@Triqui my guildmate just asked me a question about speed. With Lobot as leader droids gain 23 speed. So if we were to use IG88 who has a speed of 118, he will then have 141 speed. If Poggle buff adds 25% speed to droids then IG88 will have 141+35=176 speed. If that's the case it seems he would be faster than yoda under QGJ leadership 151+23=174 speed.

Only after Poggle acts. So that's speed 142, and 88 is dead by then

True, with such low health IG88 is not viable in this meta. What I would suggest is one with more health.

IG100 with anti-Jedi, area damage, counter, offense down, offense up,turn meter gain, turn meter reduction could be the answer we were looking for. I'll start farming him up to see how he performs. With the recent patch buffing him he could be viable for a droid team just like how RG became viable.

There is a guy on my server Running a Lobot, Ig88, Ig86, Hk47 poggle team. He just added the lobot (just 5*)
    Pagyno wrote: »
    In my opinion,

playing poe and poggle with droid is just for damage and redirecting attacks on poe. Nothing special.

So you want to make boba leader? If so you better replace phasma with poggle, much better synergy. Imo Hk47 is a much better leader than boba (btw his leadership ability adds 50% critical dmg) the droids already have enough damage, they can oneshot a lot of heroes. They just need more speed, hk can give that to them, boba can't.
    Also an opponent needs to kill as first ig 86 and 88. None would damage boba.

No you just leave boba till last, he's slow and doesn't do that much damage.
    Boba has no place in a droid team at the moment.
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Hi. I have few questions.
    I have Lumi at 6* now. Finish her or go for Poggle?
    JC is at 6*, Geo at 1*. Finish JC or go for Geo?
    Qui-Gon is at 62 shards on 6*. He's so good, there is no reason not to 7* him, right?
    IG-86 is ready for promotion to 7*, but would soak up precious credits. Wait or not?
    And lastly, if you have your Prowler 1000 at 5* already, could please launch it and find out, when Jawa Engineer is gonna come?
  • Does anyone have gg? Thinking about going for him as he's one of my favorites I don't have unless they release anymore kotor characters
    In my opinion,

I have a 7*maxed out boba and he's great for gw, but in the arena he is far too slow. The revive is nice, when it hits. Hk revive hits a lot more frequently, the ability block is nice but also doesn't hit everyone as often as I'd like to as I'd love to use him. Now having a 6* rg with level vii gear has been climbing me up the ranks the last day and a half or so.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    @Satchel_Paige I have a GG if you want to try him out, send me your ally code if you'd like
  • Tony167 wrote: »
    @Satchel_Paige I have a GG if you want to try him out, send me your ally code if you'd like

Sent! Thanks much!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    So I'm trying a second account on bluestacks and was originally going to try and build a crit synergy team with Sid (l), HRS, GS, RP and RG/greedo.

But after going through this thread I think I might want to try droids out (only started farming GS so far so no wasted resources).
    If I go with the Droids I'm set on HK (l), 88,86, GS but I need help to choose a final spot.
    Poe, RG or poggle? Which do you guys think?
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    So I'm trying a second account on bluestacks and was originally going to try and build a crit synergy team with Sid (l), HRS, GS, RP and RG/greedo.

But after going through this thread I think I might want to try droids out (only started farming GS so far so no wasted resources).
    If I go with the Droids I'm set on HK (l), 88,86, GS but I need help to choose a final spot.

I would think the easiest would be to just go with Poe for now, so you're not doubling up in GW shipments. Then you would be focusing on poe with cantina shipments and just 86 in GW shipments
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    droidboyz wrote: »
    One of the best threads in the fourm hands and droid arms down! ...great reads all around.

@Tony167, I am on the same server as you I just realized that a week ago, as a F2P, it's a honor being 30 some spots behind you :)
    I'm on the server as well! And keep fighting your way up, for this game I'm f2p but by payout I'm normally 6-10 or so. Sometimes a bit better

Payout time is the busy time, many people will compete and sniping competition is on!
    I'm lucky enough that I live in South Africa so I'm only competing with 4/5 others during my payout time. I'm sure it would be much tougher if there were dozens fighting during my time zone

Lucky you! Fewer people competing means overall you will have better rank and also won't need to refresh arena battles with crystals too often.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    Tony167 wrote: »

I would think the easiest would be to just go with Poe for now, so you're not doubling up in GW shipments. Then you would be focusing on poe with cantina shipments and just 86 in GW shipments

Was also thinking RG instead of Poe but I can only farm him in hard nodes though, however as a tank and in a new server I think I could get away with starring him slow. I just like the idea of his auto taunt. But Poe has TM minipulation and expose.

Also how is your droid team going on our server? I'm going to try and take your team on again soon lol
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Jaden_Zen wrote: »
    I'm on my transition for droid/geo team. I do hit number 1 or at least top 5 daily with this team: sid (lead), poe, geo, poggle, 88 or lumi. They are all maxed except poe at 6*.

Other chars I have are:
    6* 86

What do you think of Poggle (lead), 86, 88, geo, sid(or poe) team? I would afraid the opponents will smash my team before I can even make a move.

@Jaden_Zen
    It all depends on RNG. When I fight QGJ leader teams they always move first. That's why I replaced my IG88 with HK47 who has much more health. Even with QGJ assist they usually won't be able to kill one of my heroes. On my turn I use Poe to taunt, reduce their turn meters, expose, then proceed to kill one to three enemy heroes. Sometimes I'm very unlucky when a member dies before I can move but I usually can finish the battle with four standing.

Poggle (leader), IG86, IG88, GS, Sid is pretty good overall but I'm just afraid that IG88 dies to quick. Replace IG88 by Poe and you will find it less likely than a member dies. Poe at 6* has lots of hp and will far less likely to die than IG88.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    climax wrote: »

@climax
    Yes I think so, it's one of the best team for droids ATM. I have switched my IG88 with HK47 as I find that my IG88 dies too often before I can move due to the speed meta. Grats on finishing in the top 5!
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    If you can get RG useable I wouldn't argue that. His auto taunt helps a ton.

I didn't end up doing a full droid team , but have grievous at lead. It's doing well. The 3 usual teams who beat me for there rewards time still do tho. Xeox , stormrage and eco. So come attack me, I'd like to get feedback on how easy/hard my team is lol
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Droids sitting comfortably at 1 & 2. I think there's only one other droid team in the top 30 otherwise there would be more at the top. But it's too late for me to start a droid team in this server now http://i.imgur.com/mJjwsir.png
  • Pagyno
    107 posts Member
    All turns out that boba is weaky in arena. Maye phasma for speed is good. Pogle is nkt symphatic for me due his genosian looking. I personally dont like chars like sidious or kylo ren or daka and others...

Phasma or Vader is acceptable. Tanks are tank but u cant taunt immidiately and they will almost kill your igs and then use some multiplies. I also thi k healers in this synergy are useles.

There must be some speccial char to this synergy that iam missing.
    Jaden_Zen wrote: »
    I'm on my transition for droid/geo team. I do hit number 1 or at least top 5 daily with this team: sid (lead), poe, geo, poggle, 88 or lumi. They are all maxed except poe at 6*.

Other chars I have are:
    6* 86

@Jaden_Zen
    It all depends on RNG. When I fight QGJ leader teams they always move first. That's why I replaced my IG88 with HK47 who has much more health. Even with QGJ assist they usually won't be able to kill one of my heroes. On my turn I use Poe to taunt, reduce their turn meters, expose, then proceed to kill one to three enemy heroes. Sometimes I'm very unlucky when a member dies before I can move but I usually can finish the battle with four standing.

Poggle (leader), IG86, IG88, GS, Sid is pretty good overall but I'm just afraid that IG88 dies to quick. Replace IG88 by Poe and you will find it less likely than a member dies. Poe at 6* has lots of hp and will far less likely to die than IG88.

I'd def try HK out when he's at least 6*. I did just experiment with the Poggle (lead), 86, 88, Geo, Poe today and secured the number 1 spot. I'm probably the only team with Poggle lead in my server's top 100. :o Really curious how would I hold up for tomorrow!

Also, do you think QGJ is suitable for this team setup? I was about to max Poe but decided to jump into the QGJ bandwagon halfway through haha. Kinda in a dilemma for this.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    In my opinion,

@Pagyno

Droids are capable to be played with many other characters. You can play with any composition you want to as it's your choice who to farm and who you like to play.

The reason why we often choose HK47 and Poggle as leaders is because they have very good skills which help droids team excel.

Hk47 leader ability- Droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and gain 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit makes droids go very fast when criting and often you can attack many more times than the enemy team.

Poggle leader ability- Droid and Geonosian allies gain 25% Offense makes the droids and GS do huge critical damage. The special skill- All allies gain Offense Up for 3 turns. In addition, Droid allies gain Speed Up for 3 turns and Poggle the Lesser has a 25% chance to gain 40% Turn Meter makes droid teams a force to be reckoned with.

Phasma or Boba as leader won't offer that much synergy to droids. I haven't seen any Boba lead or Phasma lead droid teams on my server. How about you try it and tell us how it fares. It could be the new meta, who knows?