Problems with Wedge

Greetings,

I'm new to the forums, so I'm not sure where to ask this. So, I just picked a spot. Anyways, I recently got Wedge and his ship. He's not very high, but I've been working on him. Right now, he's level 72, tier 6 gear, and 4 star. His ship is at 3 star. Same with Biggs, whom I've kept on the back burner until I had Wedge. However, lately, I've noticed a trend when using Wedge or his ship.

It doesn't matter what team I have him with, the AI ALWAYS targets him first. This really gets bad when the other team goes first. I've noticed the same when using Wedge's ship. It doesn't matter who I have flying with him, which capital ship I use, or anything. The enemy ships ALWAYS targets Wedge's ship first.

WHY?!?! Is anyone else having this problem? Is there like some "Let's kill Wedge First" subroutine in the game's AI? What gives??

thanks

LordGrahck

Replies

• JIVJI
    16 posts Member
    I have an observation that if there is no one taunting the enemy hits the squad leader first. Try to put him in another slot. ;)
  • JIVJI wrote: »
    I have an observation that if there is no one taunting the enemy hits the squad leader first. Try to put him in another slot. ;)

I have! It doesn't matter if he's the leader or not. It doesn't matter which spot I put him. They ALWAY target Wedge first. There have been several times when He's not gotten a shot off!! I'm getting to the point of not even wanting to use him because he's nothing but target practice.
  • JIVJI
    16 posts Member
    Try to boost his health and protection because the AI tries to get ahead of you so the best option is to target the easiest toon first. :)
  • JIVJI wrote: »
    Try to boost his health and protection because the AI tries to get ahead of you so the best option is to target the easiest toon first. :)

Tried that also. I once put a weaker toon in the group hoping that the AI would target him instead. NOPE! They still targeted Wedge. I'm not exaggerating or dreaming this. I have used Wedge nearly 2 dozen times and EVERYTIME he got targeted first.
  • Ai's on defence have a set target that takes priority in battles. The AI probably had wedge set at the top of the list, so it wont matter what you do, when wedge turns up, the AI will go for him.

Least, this is based on what i've heard.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    With ships 2.0 they’ve made the AI much smarter. I ran into this problem on node 5E of the ships table. The AI would ALWAYS target a certain ship and never attack anything else. In my case the Scimitar. In other cases when I’d remove Scimitar from my starting line up, they target Vader’s Tie Fighter. All you can do is try to taunt to take the fire off Wedge, or make him a reinforcement to give him a chance.
  • Yeah, at least in ships, the AI will always pick on the strongest attacker, as far as I can tell. When I don't get a starting target lock to activate Biggs' taunt, the AI will always focus fire down my Vader's TIE Advanced. Every single time.