I need major help/advice (CLS).

Prev1
So I'm going out of my mind here. I just absolutely get wrecked going on the 3rd wave of the last tier of CLS. I'm obviously missing something I can't figure out, OR my team is just trash.

STH- G10- No zeta. Is that the issue? He gets wrecked.
The rest are G9.

I'll head into the last wave pretty much fresh and I'm easily dispatched. They all seem to forget their procs and stuns. I rearranged my mods the best I could following other post advice.

Have a look and tell me if I'm just gutter trash, this event is a bust, or just RNG has me down and keep chugging. Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/u/beasthunt/collection/

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    It's your mods..... All of your arrows should be speed primary (30 speed), and as many speed secondaries as you can find....
  • Yeah only thing you need is more speed on all of them

I've done it with Leia, R2 and Han on g9, Ben and Luke G8 so dont waste your gear
  • Did it all with G8 on all except R2 and only his basic omega'd. So it's possible. I moved arena mods over (+90-100 speed, depending). You can always move them back.
  • Beasthunt
    53 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Crap. Ok, well. Speed mods. Sadly I'm short on those. Real short. I've completed the mod battle levels but they all seem to be low tier. My guild can't even get enough people for territory battles.

I guess I'm hosed.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Not speed mods..... You can use health mods, but look at the primary and secondary stats.... Look for ones with speed...
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Here is an example.... Arrows should always have speed as primary, if they don't, sell them.... Other shapes don't come with speed primary, so you have to look for speed in their secondaries...

jhcynht86mc5.jpg
  • Beasthunt
    53 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Lol. Yeah I've got nothing near that quality. I wish I did, but I did find a crap mod with about 5 extra speed on it. I out it on Leia and that was the difference. I beat it. Thanks!
    Post edited by Beasthunt on
  • What the others said; your mods are way too weak. Old Ben is a great tank but he’s barely boosted by your mods. 25/24 health/protection on a gear 10 tank is not viable. My g10 stormtrooper han for example has 21k health and 35k protection. The tanks need to be able to soak up damage.
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Here is an example.... Arrows should always have speed as primary, if they don't, sell them.... Other shapes don't come with speed primary, so you have to look for speed in their secondaries...

jhcynht86mc5.jpg

Thing is people make those sound common enough to get easily and they flat out are not.
  • cboath7 wrote: »

jhcynht86mc5.jpg

Thing is people make those sound common enough to get easily and they flat out are not.

Been playing since 16' and I've not seen anything near that quality.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »

jhcynht86mc5.jpg

Speed primary arrows are not uncommon at all..... They are very common for people that prioritize mod farming as part of the game....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Beasthunt wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »

jhcynht86mc5.jpg

Been playing since 16' and I've not seen anything near that quality.

You need to clear the top tier of mod challenges for health mods and dedicate time and refreshes to mod farming..... all of those 4 speed arrows turn into that when you upgrade them....

cdxx21hmjmmg.jpg
  • I usually see speed arrows in the mod store a few times per week. The only issue here is having enough credits to purchase them, but if you keep a few million in reserve then you should be able to acquire them fairly consistently.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I usually see speed arrows in the mod store a few times per week. The only issue here is having enough credits to purchase them, but if you keep a few million in reserve then you should be able to acquire them fairly consistently.

I have never once bought a mod from the store.... I dedicate Saturday and Sunday to mod farming.... Get my dailies done and all remaining crystals go to refreshes for mod challenges.... It slows down Cantina toon farming, but those toons are useless without good mods anyways....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I usually see speed arrows in the mod store a few times per week. The only issue here is having enough credits to purchase them, but if you keep a few million in reserve then you should be able to acquire them fairly consistently.

I have never once bought a mod from the store.... I dedicate Saturday and Sunday to mod farming.... Get my dailies done and all remaining crystals go to refreshes for mod challenges.... It slows down Cantina toon farming, but those toons are useless without good mods anyways....

It's all about priorities, we each set our own. Or should.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

It's all about priorities, we each set our own. Or should.

Agreed brother..... You have no idea with CLS and R2 events going on, how many guildies have asked for help only for me to find they have trash mods on their event toons...
  • Also keep tryn anyway because out of 60+ runs you __may__ hit that great rng run where everything lines up perfect for you.
    It happened to me with thrawn,my squad was pretty average and took around 80 runs then boom went straight through.
    Dont give up hope till the event actually ends
  • Shellzbutt wrote: »
    Also keep tryn anyway because out of 60+ runs you __may__ hit that great rng run where everything lines up perfect for you.
    It happened to me with thrawn,my squad was pretty average and took around 80 runs then boom went straight through.

This is true, or you could just dedicate some time to farming five decent sets of mods that you can bring to any event you need in the future, and probably dramatically improve your arena rank, and therefore your crystal intake, and therefore get more stuff faster, etc. etc.
  • Shellzbutt wrote: »
    Also keep tryn anyway because out of 60+ runs you __may__ hit that great rng run where everything lines up perfect for you.

This is true, or you could just dedicate some time to farming five decent sets of mods that you can bring to any event you need in the future, and probably dramatically improve your arena rank, and therefore your crystal intake, and therefore get more stuff faster, etc. etc.

I don't know if you caught it but I was only one +4 mod away from beating the event. I ran a few of the 2nd tier mod battle runs since I don't have a strong resistance team and in true EA/horrendous RNG fashion found nothing. I did find something with about 4 more speed on it in the store.

Popped it on Leia and cleared the event. With farming for characters I don't have much spare to work on the Mod battles but it's clear I definitely need to start that frustrating journey as well. Solid advice.
  • Not mod battles. Mod challenges exclusively.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Not mod battles. Mod challenges exclusively.

Correct...... Once you clear the mod holotable and open up the challenges you should never go to the mod table again.... With challenges you are guaranteed to be getting 5 dot mods
  • @Beasthunt That's great! Congratulations! I've found that having a lot of good mods makes the game more fun, since you can accomplish more and don't have to worry as much about the perils of RNG (and if you spend enough time doing it, you don't even have to switch mods out across different squads for different parts of the game). I used to worry about farming character shards, but once I realized I can't gear them effectively as fast as I can star them, it became much less of a worry for me.
  • Thanks for the advice, everyone. Best I can do is 1 star the second tier but I'll work on those mods. It will definitely help.

Thanks again.
  • Mate.. how? Ive 3 starred tier III challenge with 55k team..
  • That's weird, I did it easily with g9/g10, abilities leveled to omega and 5 dot non speed mods. I figured I would try before stripping my arena team. I mean, they were all 5 dot and maxed, but most had no speed, a few might have had small +4 type stuff. Maybe you just had bad RNG?
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    edited July 2018

I do it the other way around, spend most my credits and ship currency on mods from the store since I can handpick the mods I need and use the cantina eneegy on character farming instead. But it is just two different ways to achieve the same thing. Mods tend to be the no1 thing newer players (and sometimes older players as well) underestimate the value of.
    Post edited by Stokat on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah once I have a 10M credit base, I buy all mods from stor. Can get 1-2 speed arrows per week. And got a +18 speed square from a 4dot. I think Im officially done with challenge farming. Betwen the store and event mods im having good luck.
  • I got the mod challenge 3 started. I've been mod farming for the past few days; refreshing until I get to 400 crystals per refresh. No speed primary as of yet. I guess they are rare?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Only arrows have speed primary.... They aren't that rare, but not a dime a dozen either..

My personal rule of.thumb is to keep anything blue, purple or gold that has a speed secondary and all speed primary arrows....