So about ship meta....

Prev1
So the whole point of new ship battles was to change the meta? so it was to specifically change it to vadet fotp and biggs? that's what every team uses with very little in the way of differences, so how did the meta change in the slightest? Now less ships are needed for you to be beaten? i've had teams where all three ships and capital get turns before i even get a chance to do anything. awesome balance. within 2 weeks i went from anywhere from 3-17 to barely holding on to under 50 XD

Replies

• try AA with bugs. you can easy beat that team.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I had the opposite. Under 1.0 I was holding between 75-40 overnight. Now I hold to top 20. Didn't change anything in my lineup.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bugs are all over on my shard.

Changing the meta is not always about trading out one option for another. In this case where we ended up was with more options. That is better IMHO.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    It's almost like every single person on this forum predicted that NOT adding any new ships would result in the same starting 5 turn in to the same starting 3.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • If you can't beat them, join them. I used to run AA with rebels, then I switched to thrawn, Vader, fotp, and Biggs. I do use slave 1 as a backup tank, bc his reinforcement bonus is just too good. Work on gearing and speeding up your toons as much as possible to help you hold rank easier.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    It's almost like every single person on this forum predicted that NOT adding any new ships would result in the same starting 5 turn in to the same starting 3.

Well of course, since everybody had the same 5 ships built up...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Many already had those ship pilots maxed, so why not use them. Geos are better but are long gears. Everything's viable right now, people just use what they already had. I think ships is in a good place. It'll take some time before we see big changes. I'm guessing the newer shards have very diverse fleets.
  • Rebel_SWGOH
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I've had an easier time climbing to top spot during my payout. Gear for pilots makes a huge difference. A lot of people didn't invest in ships and with fewer ships starting, their weak ships get exposed fast.

What sucks is the battles actually take longer with fewer ships.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So the whole point of new ship battles was to change the meta? so it was to specifically change it to vadet fotp and biggs? that's what every team uses with very little in the way of differences, so how did the meta change in the slightest?

The fact that most players still use those ships doesn't necessarily prove that they are the best ships/line—up. They may simply be the best ships players had already 'maxed out'.

• Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Bugs are all over on my shard.

Changing the meta is not always about trading out one option for another. In this case where we ended up was with more options. That is better IMHO.

@Kyno what seems to be the best capital ship to use with bugs? As in which one is hardest to beat? I think they're all ok on offense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Anyone but mace seems to work.

I have not seen a favorite as far as who picks what, and they are all beat the same.
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    I like ships better now after the update, I feel like there are a lot more viable options than before.

I’m very happy with my Silencer, fosf and tie fighter line up. Bringing in command shuttle, fotp or slave one as reinforcements depending on the situation (normally shuttle). If we see a lot of the vader/biggs/tie fighter combo it is likely because so many ppl already invested in them and it take time to change that. Personally I think it is a really easy team to beat, Geonosians under Akbar might be a new “real” meta that will be harder to beat but there are limy options there as well.

That said, it would be nice to see some new ships added though, there are so many classic ships that could add to the diversity in fleet arena. I feel that there are too many new characters released all the time and not enough ships:)
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Anyone but mace seems to work.

I have not seen a favorite as far as who picks what, and they are all beat the same.

Seems like there should be one that's a little harder to beat than the others. Fully upgraded Home One's opening AoE can one-shot a ship now with assists, yet I hear it's not the best as the battle progresses.
  • I swapped my Chimaera fleet to counter the Geonosian teams. ITIE has been dropped, and I start with Biggs, TIEA, and Bistan. Bistan's TM and advantage gives just enough boost to clear Geo Soldier quickly before any trouble begins.

I agree that diversity has increased. My own team has undergone significant changes, like Phantom II being one of my main ships, and more changes to come as well, as I work on Fives.
  • Buckbeak
    39 posts Member
    There are a couple of bug teams in my shard's top 20, but it's almost all Thrawn, Biggs, TFP, TIE, and they all come in with Fett as 1st reinforce. I like playing with Ghost instead of TIE because if it survives the 1st volley I can take out Biggs by giving Vader stealth and getting all the bonus attacks. Then I bring in P2 and mop up. The problem is when I lose Ghost in the 1st volley my game is over.

Hoping I can fix that when I get them all to G12.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Buckbeak wrote: »
    There are a couple of bug teams in my shard's top 20, but it's almost all Thrawn, Biggs, TFP, TIE, and they all come in with Fett as 1st reinforce. I like playing with Ghost instead of TIE because if it survives the 1st volley I can take out Biggs by giving Vader stealth and getting all the bonus attacks. Then I bring in P2 and mop up. The problem is when I lose Ghost in the 1st volley my game is over.

Hoping I can fix that when I get them all to G12.

I put Ghost back in my starting lineup again too. I was running them pre-change but decided to go back. My guys are only g9 and sometimes she dies early but its better than Vader getting instagibbed. P2, then FOTP off of the bench back to back. Im being targeted now and still stay 15-30 range overnight. P2 is a realy good tank now and if he gets in while Ghost is still alive its gg. I removed TFP, Sun Fac, and Boba from even my bench now. I was going to gear SF but took one glimpse at his gear requirements and sent him straight to the locker room.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Sun Fac is General Carbanti Jr.

I did it anyway. One piece from G12 now.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Silencer, Biggs, Vader. Reinforced with Ashoka, FOTP, ITF.

Hold between 15-25 with 6* Tarkin.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Sun Fac is General Carbanti Jr.

I did it anyway. One piece from G12 now.

Probably no regrets. One of the best ships in the game. I'm gearing him and Fives
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Yep, no regrets. I bring him and my also-one-piece-from G12 Soldier off the bench.
  • How bad are Soldier & Spy to gear? Not that I'm gonna do it. I get nervous tremors when I have to put Carbantis on a toon.
  • I run Chimaera with Biggs, Vader, ITF as a starting team and get first daily in a Jan 2016 shard. I probably win 80-90% of battles. On defence I drop anywhere between 15-30 overnight, so getting to first might need a 50 crystal refresh.

The foundation to winning on offence is to use ITF's special whenever its available for two reasons:
    a) relying on ITF's basic first up to generate TL is too flaky and if you miss as you often do, its like being caught with your pants down; and
    b) using this special applies foresight to your ITF and can get an enemy ship to yellow health with no protection as it does a lot of damage

Predictable AI will get the enemy capital ship to use an AoE and remove the foresight on your ITF - which importantly counts as an evasion, thus gifting your capital ship TM. Capital ship TM is more critical than laying TL's. Once you start thinking this way, you don't worry so much about RNG and getting that first TL or your screwed. Coin flips no longer matter so much.

On defence, the AI won't use ITF's special first, it will use the basic which is why the old meta team can be easily beaten on defence. That won't change because the devs wanted to change the meta and the special would have enhanced it.

But what now? I am farming the Geo Trio ships and maxing out Executrix and Home One. This will most likely be the new meta unless more ships are released or they release a Separatist and/or First Order Capital Ship.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Im running Thrawn Vader Biggs Ghost -> Phantom, FOTie, Cassian, ITF. Maxed Phantom and FOTie reinforcement. It took a refresh but was able to climb to #1 yesterday. Fell back down to #13 so far. Considering people have been targeting me since Im running Ghost in my starting lineup, that isnt bad.
  • No change! Whoever beats biggs ship 1st wins!
  • FO cap ship plz. 4 ships and 6 pilots need a fleet leader! May spice up the meta a bit.

Does seem to be the case, definitely.

• TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I would argue but I always beat the other Biggs first. ;)
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    No change! Whoever beats biggs ship 1st wins!

Does seem to be the case, definitely.

Not a problem if you don’t use Biggs in your line up
  • Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Ravenclaws wrote: »
    FO cap ship plz. 4 ships and 6 pilots need a fleet leader! May spice up the meta a bit.

Fingers crossed they will release one, but we might have to wait until December for it with the next Star Wars movie. I want a good FO tank ship as well, would really compliment the fleet.

I usually lose my Biggs early, but that hasn't posed any problems. Sometimes I don't even bother killing the other Biggs until late. Once Vader is gone, Biggs is just there, especially when the other team relies so much on RNG to get TL.