Beating a all Solo Movie Team with Empire.

I have Tarkin Lead, Vader, TFP, RG, and Storm Trooper. In a arena match earlier, I saw a all Solo (Movie) team. Qira Lead, Young Solo, Vandar Chewy, Enfys, and L3-37. Now the part that threw me off, was that this team was lower in stars and level to my team. So no way it had better gear than me.

That said, it whooped my buttocks hard. I could not even kill L3 who I focus on first at all. So clearly I did something wrong picking targets but with the droid taunting I wanted it gone first. What order should I gone?

Replies

• No one?
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    What is your team, it might help people comment.

Anyway im not that gamiliar with the whole solo team beyond that they have synergy with each other through the prepared mechanic so i cant give the best kill order.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Pay to win means that if you pay, you win. One with such a team clearly paid, soooo nothing. Just this. Anyway, I would recommend to kill the ones that hit hard and spam that horrible buff around at the same time, so qi'ra and han.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Anyway give Palps a zeta and build a nightmare team. You'll see how they die without even harming you.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    You should Zeta Palpatine lead. It's way better than Tarkin
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    From your team, it sounds like you are a new player. That team has lower stars than you because the characters just came out and aren't farmable, so that means unless you paid thousands to get a lot of the crystal packs, they are low stars. Similarly, they might be lower level because the person hasn't gotten the credits to max level them all yet.

"So no way it had better gear than me." Well, did they, or didn't they? You can tell a character's gear based on the color and detail of the ring around their profile photo. In any case, mods and synergy can easily outweigh stars and gear.

The Solo toons have a lot of protection restore going around, so you might want to bring in characters with healing immunity. Also, since you probably don't have a lot of speed arrows yet, if you have crit avoidance arrows, that can help shut down Qi'ra leadership.

Do you have a swgoh.gg account? It would be helpful to see your roster.
  • Veers lead, Range Trooper, snow trooper, starck, and shore trooper.

things become easymode
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Now the part that threw me off, was that this team was lower in stars and level to my team. So no way it had better gear than me.
    That is a faulty assumption on your part. Level and stars have only minor correlation to gear. Star don't affect it at all until the top levels, where you need 7* characters to put on the last pieces needed to reach G12. Level affects it insofar as you do require a minimum level to put on different pieces of gear, but if the levels were not far below yours, they likely could have been at least your equal in gear.

You can tell what gear level a character is by the outline of their picture. Notably, the outline first turns green at gear 2, blue at gear 4, and purple at gear 7. Beyond that it's all in how many bumps or lines there are, which is harder to describe with text alone.

Anyway though, if the team was of similar gear level to you, it may simply be that the synergy of the "prepared" characters (everyone you mentioned but Nest) trumps your fairly basic Empire team. They do have a lot of self-healing - Qi'ra's lead gives them 10% protection recovery whenever they land a critical hit, which could prove nasty for simpler teams like yours. And that's just her lead, some of their other abilities do a lot of additional self-healing, including L3's AoE, if they have their "prepared" buff.

Also, Nest is just really good. So much so that top-end players are running her at 3 stars even now because she helps counter the best team in the game, full Palpatine + Triumvrate Sith.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Single purple ring with bumps = G7
    Single purple ring with quarter lines left and right = G8
    Double purple ring = G9
    Double purple ring with half lines = G10
    Triple purple ring = G11
    Gold = G12 and 12+