I wanna get back into this game after 2 years but honestly have no idea wth I’m doin lol.

Should I just start over? Got a decent cast of characters but I’m wayyyy too far behind

Replies

• Start over
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Start over

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Run away! Run away! [/Montypython]
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hows your roster look? I cant imagine starting over. Levels 1-85 are torture.
  • Lol, long time no see, ;)

The only real,reason folks say to start over is due to how possibly hard it would be to rank high in your arena, other then that, there is no valid reason to start over at all.

You got a swgoh.gg?
  • Lol, long time no see, ;)

The only real,reason folks say to start over is due to how possibly hard it would be to rank high in your arena, other then that, there is no valid reason to start over at all.

You got a swgoh.gg?
    My roster is at 80, I’m in the 500s right now. Funny I still see people from 2 years ago chillin the top 25 lol. I kinda wanna start over, I just feel like it might be a serious grind for my wallet and I don’t know if I’m with that.
  • That’s up to you, I don’t think starting over is always the best idea, it really depends on. What you got, shoot me your ally code and let’s see what your working with,

Starting over is really only to try keep and maintain a top five or better arena spot. But, depending what all you have built already it isn’t always the best idea to throw it away . There’s no harm in playing for a bit and seeing how it goes before you make a final decision.

• Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Honestly if I was at that point I wouldn't continue with the game. But if you're set on playing, definitely start over. Your current arena shard will be too far ahead of you to make any progress there, so you'll start fresh on a younger shard and have a chance at top ranks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Run away! Run away! [/Montypython]

I never realized that was an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The bigger issue if you do not start over is not really about catching up on the next meta.

Being that far behind you will never be as flexible and will be behind in other game modes which will reduce your income.

$$ or no, is your choice. If you were willing to $$, then it's probably still better invested in a new account.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    It'll be a lot easier to just work with what you have but here's still some general tips;
    Phoenix squad- all easily farmable, not the best for arena but should get you back into 200s maybe 100s until you get something better
    Commander Luke Skywalker- one of the best all around characters, only comes via event that requires: Princess Leia, Old Ben Kenobi, the farmboy version of Luke Skywalker, stormtrooper han, and R2D2. R2 is also an event character that requires any 5 empire characters to unlock, R2's event is much more common
    Ships- whole other thing but check out the ability mat challenge and try to get your ships good enough to 3* the third tier so you can get zetas, a new way to updgrade certain abilities to max which gives a huge bump
  • Kivrin
    40 posts Member
    I'd keep playing. If you haven't played since the level cap was 80 but you've only fallen into the 500's, you might have a relatively quiet shard. Starting over (in my opinion) is recommended only if you want to compete for the top payouts.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The bigger issue if you do not start over is not really about catching up on the next meta.

Being that far behind you will never be as flexible and will be behind in other game modes which will reduce your income.

$$ or no, is your choice. If you were willing to $$, then it's probably still better invested in a new account.

That’s not right @kyno, starting over means you have zero roster and zero flexibility, the only thing a restart does is allow the chance at top arena ranks, it does not increase your ability to play other game modes. That comment is completely false and I’m actually surprised you would make it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    If it makes you feel any better, there are people that HAVE been playing the game for 2 years and have no idea what they are doing. ;)

I personally would never start over. Follow the beginners guides. Pick a team for arena. If you are far behind all of the FO toons are F2P and easily farmable. Dedicate yourself to taking them to G12 and modding them and you can break top 500 in arena for crystals. The OG rebels (Leia Old Ben) + CLS +2 properly geared can take you that high and you will just get them in natural order of things. Empire and Jedi probably fall into that bracket now too.