What's the best capital ship for a geonosian fleet?

Bane1492
121 posts Member
edited July 2018
I'm hearing conflicting things, so maybe someone with more experience either using or fighting against geonosians can chime in. This is about all capital ships except Mace.

I hear Home One is best on offense, but worst on defense. Someone said it drops fast in rank. True?

I also hear Chimaera and Executrix are both fairly good on offense, and fairly good on defense, and Executrix may be slightly better.

I don't want to put a lot of resources into any particular ship if it'll be a dud.
Post edited by Bane1492 on

Replies

• Executrix seems good, offensive buffs, support by Vader coming in from reinforcements.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Ackbar, lots of out of turn attacks and both of Home One's direct attacks call assists which gives solder more chances to proc his unique
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I wouldnt bet against executrix and chimaera at the moment. At the moment opinion seems dicided but tmg from tie fighter pilot is bugged at the moment and if thats fixed it will benefit the two imperial capital ships more as they run with tfp more often.

Sorry missef the end of the question geonosians with ackbar.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Ackbar. It's very simple: more damage and protection while attacking outside of turn - - - > geonosians attack a lot outside of their turns. Nothing harder than this.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Geos are overhyped. If you havent levelled them, youre better off with the meta.
    If you do have them already, yes, go for ackbar or tarkin.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Geos are overhyped. If you havent levelled them, youre better off with the meta.

I have them fully leveled running Chimaera. I haven't lost a single offensive match since, so I wouldn't exactly say they're overhyped. I'm just wondering what would be the best defensive capital. Offense I'm good.

Running the old meta everyone else uses I was losing at least 1 battle per day. Sometimes multiple. There's pretty much no RNG deciding a win with geonosians.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Bane1492 wrote: »

I have them fully leveled running Chimaera. I haven't lost a single offensive match since, so I wouldn't exactly say they're overhyped. I'm just wondering what would be the best defensive capital. Offense I'm good.

Running the old meta everyone else uses I was losing at least 1 battle per day. Sometimes multiple. There's pretty much no RNG deciding a win with geonosians.

May I ask what reinforcements are using?
    I also run the geos and usually call in the reinf first, which opens up my opponent to bring in boba, who makes like all those retri damages of the world.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member

I also run the geos and usually call in the reinf first, which opens up my opponent to bring in boba, who makes like all those retri damages of the world.

All maxed reinforcments:

Biggs
    Reaper
    Vader
    Boba or Fotp
  • Roopehun wrote: »

Best first reinforcement, and most commonly called by the AI (however they arranged), is TIEA. Other good reinforcements I see are Plo Koon.
  • Bane1492 wrote: »

The Executrix seems to be the toughest for me to go against. I don't use Geonosians, but rather Chimaera, Biggs, TIEA, Bistan. I don't lose to Geonosians, but Tarkin buffs are the most dangerous.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    On offense Im using the geonosians with 6* ackbar and can beat teams 100-150k higher than me. When they're on defense I've noticed that the geonosians don't use their assist attacks first turn (from what I've seen today as my first match against one). So that's a major downside.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Geshtianna wrote: »

The Executrix seems to be the toughest for me to go against. I don't use Geonosians, but rather Chimaera, Biggs, TIEA, Bistan. I don't lose to Geonosians, but Tarkin buffs are the most dangerous.

People in my arena chat are saying Executrix is the best ship to use with geonosians.

I've tried them all except mace and they all seem equally good on offense. There aren't enough in my ship arena to fight and make a judgement for myself.
  • I run Executrix with my bugs and have very good results.