Team suggestions

Axiom
39 posts Member
Both palpatine and thrawn events are coming in a few weeks and I'll get both at least at 5* ( hoping for 6*). What teams will go well with them? I currently only have a 6-7* Phoenix squad, so I wanted to start farming toons that go well with them?

Replies

• Vader, Traya, Nihilus, and Sion work very well with Palp and Thrawn. Since Nihilus, Traya, and Sion are difficult to get, you can use Tarkin and TFP instead, to make an Empire team of Palp, Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, TFP.
  • thedrjojo
    952 posts Member
    Vader, Traya, Nihilus, and Sion work very well with Palp and Thrawn. Since Nihilus, Traya, and Sion are difficult to get, you can use Tarkin and TFP instead, to make an Empire team of Palp, Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, TFP.

If you have nihilus, which would be better 5th, tarkin or tfp? When I unlock thrawn this month, I plan on running ep, Vader, dn, thrawn, and trying to decide my 5th. Currently running ep, Vader, dn, and wiggs cause I can't let go of the dynamic duo and they are more powerful than my tfp/tarkin...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • Not going to lie, saying traya and sion to someone who is hoping to get a minimum of 5* palp isnt very helpful.

Tarkin is a good toon to farm. Useful in several events and also a solid fleet commander. Tfp is also a pretty decent toon until you do start to get to the big boys of nihilus and sion.

Avoid the royal guard, seems like he would be useful but he really isnt. Stormtrooper is a reasonable tank until you can get someone better like shoretrooper or sion.
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Vader, Traya, Nihilus, and Sion work very well with Palp and Thrawn. Since Nihilus, Traya, and Sion are difficult to get, you can use Tarkin and TFP instead, to make an Empire team of Palp, Thrawn, Vader, Tarkin, TFP.

If you have nihilus, which would be better 5th, tarkin or tfp? When I unlock thrawn this month, I plan on running ep, Vader, dn, thrawn, and trying to decide my 5th. Currently running ep, Vader, dn, and wiggs cause I can't let go of the dynamic duo and they are more powerful than my tfp/tarkin...

Tarkin or TFP for fifth slot? I think Tarkin might be better, but you could always try each separately and see which one works better.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    If you're at the point you're unlocking 5/6* Palpatine and Thrawn, then this:

EP L
    Vader
    Thrawn
    Tarkin
    Tank (RG, Storm, etc)

If you happen to have a leveled up Sion put him in instead. Either Sith tank or Empire tank.

I suspect you don't have a geared and starred Nihilus most likely.
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    Not going to lie, saying traya and sion to someone who is hoping to get a minimum of 5* palp isnt very helpful.

Tarkin is a good toon to farm. Useful in several events and also a solid fleet commander. Tfp is also a pretty decent toon until you do start to get to the big boys of nihilus and sion.

Avoid the royal guard, seems like he would be useful but he really isnt. Stormtrooper is a reasonable tank until you can get someone better like shoretrooper or sion.

I might be able to get 7* palp if I'm able to get to lvl 70 before the event hits. I reckon 7* thrawn is almost impossible. Do you think a high gear 3* nest would work in this team?
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Nest is one of the few drop-and-go toons. She'll work on almost any team but Vader will lose speed with her on your side. It's not much but it'll drop.
  • Axiom
    39 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Nest is one of the few drop-and-go toons. She'll work on almost any team but Vader will lose speed with her on your side. It's not much but it'll drop.

So gearing her up is not a waste, right? Also, are magmatrooper and snowtrooper any good?
  • Axiom wrote: »
    Not going to lie, saying traya and sion to someone who is hoping to get a minimum of 5* palp isnt very helpful.

I might be able to get 7* palp if I'm able to get to lvl 70 before the event hits. I reckon 7* thrawn is almost impossible. Do you think a high gear 3* nest would work in this team?

Nest is a pretty viable character even at low star count. Also with your level you dont zetas to try and optimise your squad with so you dont necessarily have to have an empire/sith tank. So yes I would say nest could work
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    All troopers are great with the right mix in the right team. Some are better than others. But on your potential squad you could easily use 3/4* Nest with good gear and high max health mods with speed.

Offers an AoE daze which is fantastic.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Thrawn can function in any team. I've been running Palpatine (L), Vader, Tarkin, TFP, Thrawn
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @ZCD_9915

Which is a full Empire team.... Congrats. Haha.

I've also seen people in my shard running Phoenix with Chopper replaced by Thrawn. I find it oddly ironic.

Or Jyn, R2, Chaze, Thrawn. That's a fun one.