Can I 7* thrawn

I will be level 76 or 77 during the event will I be able to do the event with good speed mods and a mixture of g9 and g8 or will they all have to be g9

Replies

• cboath7
    461 posts Member
    My experience last round was a no. But people 'claim' to have done it with less citing good RNG.

Also, without posting your lineup in detail, it's rather hard to say.
  • https://swgoh.gg/u/shadow465/
    They'll be 7 star in time and I can farm out to g9 and speed mods
  • Tazerface
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    No. Their resistance and crits will make it next to impossible. I was 77, all tier 9, 200 spd on chopper and ezra and potency gear on zeb. They resisted everything and constantly critted me into oblivion.

It’s tough at lvl 85
  • OK so give up and get 7* thrawn later
  • Or do what you can and try, and if not you still have a new 6* thrawn
  • shadow87654
    82 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yeah but i don't want to waste that many resources to get them g9 and still not finish so I'll wait till next time
  • thedrjojo
    952 posts Member
    Yeah but i don't want to waste that many resources to get them g9 and still not finish so I'll wait till next time

Are you going to use those resources elsewhere? He comes every few months. If you are close go balls to the wall. Will make it that much easier next time he comes around (that's what I'm doing...)
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    I got it with lvl 78 g8-9 and good mods.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It is EXTREMELY difficult to 7* Thrawn without omegas on Chopper's unique and Kanan's unique. Those 2 are almost musts in order to do tier 7 of this event.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »

Are you going to use those resources elsewhere? He comes every few months. If you are close go balls to the wall. Will make it that much easier next time he comes around (that's what I'm doing...)

I second this approach. I'm just going for broke to make it as easy as possible rather than the bare minimum. Doing what I can with gear, which is more valuable on my arena and raid teams.

85, ALL omegas, all 5-dot maxed mods, and minimum G8+3, Ezra's G9+4 but needs two pieces that my FOTP also needs for arena so he's 2nd fiddle.
  • Fear not OP. I'll be joining the not quite squad as well. I'm level 77 and won't have the omegas for a bit even if I get to 82 in time for choppers unique.

Not like 6* Thrawn is anything to turn your nose up at anyway. Palp however I should be able to 7*. I can get Chopper up to IX and Ezra already is.In a few months 7* Thrawn should be within grasp.

I got my speed up on them all but having watched some vids it will be extremely tough at 85 with gear 8 it seems. That and credits are a persistent nuisance. Can't afford to prep for a BH/Scoundrel team to take on the late credit heists even. Boba can't do it all.

I use the Phoenix ships so Phoenix will be something I work on anyway. Just that Sabine......nerfing Phantom.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »

I second this approach. I'm just going for broke to make it as easy as possible rather than the bare minimum. Doing what I can with gear, which is more valuable on my arena and raid teams.

85, ALL omegas, all 5-dot maxed mods, and minimum G8+3, Ezra's G9+4 but needs two pieces that my FOTP also needs for arena so he's 2nd fiddle.

There's a huge jump from the 6* to 7* tiers in difficult. Huge. You may not need to push them balls to the wall to check it out. If you're G7/8 ish with abilities around 7 - you CAN get through 6. I was 76 G8/7 abilities 7, max. Think a couple were still 6 and i got through 6 with no problem. Lets you get to 7 and see what it is. If you don't want to fight for that, fine. You can save the resources. But you'll have the experience and knowledge of what you're facing which is a big help and gives you 3 months to digest and plan.

Plus, i've gotten a lot of mileage out of my 6* thrawn as well. You just can't use him in heroic raids, that's it.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Oh I'm going for broke because I'm not waiting another three months. I'm way ahead of the point where I SHOULD have had Thrawn so I'm going all-in. And after that I'm aiming for CLS. Missed out this time prepping for Thrawn.

Plus Phoenix will help in TB/TW and GW so I don't mind levelling them to where they're currently at. Just need to take 3 more of them from 82 to 85 and I'm finally done.