Zeta Advice

https://swgoh.gg/u/stoveeats/collection/

Looking forward to my 2nd zeta. Running FO as my arena team. Small guild getting ready for HAAT and want to contribute as much as possible to that. I'm the #1 damage dealer on regular tank.

Zeta Advice 22 votes

Kylo
63%
HammytheHamsterMary_Poppins_7LCplRossPhlangdMaxx121312GarmaddonRhunnemcshantbeasttx1985CalastarBlackHawk75kDaPowerfulJediPerksstormhold 14 votes
FO ST
0%
FO TP
0%
R2 Number Crunch
22%
CoastalJamesbig_badSebPovicMagicMatthews99JediRobb 5 votes
Other
13%
DarthGugelFREEDOMfromDeadheat 3 votes

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Is your guild relying on you to play the phase 1 retreat trick in haat?if so zeta kylo is essential.
  • Kylo
    Naraic wrote: »
    Is your guild relying on you to play the phase 1 retreat trick in haat?if so zeta kylo is essential.

Totally agree. You can tell the rest of your guild to hold off on P1 while you solo it with zylo.
    Just keep using outrage on grievous (magnaguards only if they’re taunting) and never use AOE because that will trigger B2 to ability block you. As soon as you can, escape. If you fail the escape, retreat and try again. Keep attacking and escaping until you’ve soloed the phase. Beware of bad RNG with escaping though, it might take you a few hours but it’s possible.
  • I thought about that. That ability sounds great but does it make a difference in arena and other game modes?
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Kylo
    If you have KRU’s leader zeta then you won’t see much of a difference in arena since you already have protection regeneration. It can help in GW if you have trouble with that, and it works well for me in TW and TB. In TW on defense sometimes the rest of my FO team dies and zylo lasts another 4 or 5 battles.
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    R2 Number Crunch
    Once a few people of your guild have a CLS with high speed, you wont need Zylo for P1 anymore, he can solo it aswell with a few retreats.

As for arena, do you plan to stick to FO or will you change to something more meta? If you do, his zeta will only have a purpose in TW.

After looking at your roster, i would zeta "It binds all things" of CLS and switch so rebels in the arena at some time. He is great in both hRancor and hAAT and is a part of a P3+P4 solo team. By the way you can solo hRancor with just Ackbar, CLS, BB-8 if you have decent speed mods.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1WYTXACLyg&t=986s
  • Kylo
    Short term, go for Kylo Ren - it will help (a little) in Arena, good in AAT.

I am a little worried about you going to HAAT with this roster (considering you are the mais dmg dealer on the guild)
    The gap between Reg AAT and HAAT is huge. The problem is not Phase 1, but Phase 3.
    You will need Ackbar team to clear P3 (this one @SebPovic mentioned - although I prefer zAsajj over zHS)
    Since you have none, you need to rely on zSavage and several retreats.
    If HAAT is your focus, start farming Asajj (quite easy, using Arena shards), build the Ackbar team so you can solo P3 and P4 - but do not waste the zeta right now.

On the other hand, if you want to focus in Arena, and long term, go for zPalpatine and built a Nightmare variant
    (EP, Vader, GTA, KRU, Tarkin). It won't help you in Raids, but does great in DSTB, TW.
  • Thanks for the advice all! Definitely leaning towards Kylo, but maybe I will hold on to it for a little while.

@stormhold Yeah, we're probably a bit off from HAAT but that's the goal right now. For P3 I was thinking Palpatine, TFP, 3 tanks and Teebo, Thrawn, Nebit, BB-8, Ezra. I've had lots of success on normal with that 2nd team
  • In my humble opinion, I don't recommend the "traditional" method of preparing different teams for the different phases of the HAAT. That's how it was done early on, out of necessity. However, with the release of Commander Luke and BB-8, you don't need to do that anymore. It's really inefficient. Why spend valuable gear, ability materials, and other resources on Nebit and Teebo? You don't need them anywhere else in the game.

Instead, just invest in 4 awesome characters that have a lot of use everywhere in the game, and use them for your HAAT team, too. Max out Commander Luke, BB-8, Thrawn, and Asajj Ventress (with a few Uniques Zetad). Put them under a weak Ackbar lead and you're good to go for all of Phase 1 (using Luke by himself and escaping every now then). Then this team can clear from about 20% left of Phase 2 through the entire rest of the Raid. All you need from your guild is to clear the first 80% of Phase 2, which shouldn't be a problem for any guild that thinks they are about HAAT ready. If these characters aren't ready yet, then you and everyone else in your guild just needs to work on them for a while until the are ready, and you'll all be easily clearing the HAAT a couple times per week, in a little over an hour.

• Deadheat
    78 posts Member
    Other
    My team is zKRU, Kylo, Phasma, FOO, and FOE all G12. I know this is way different from your own FO team, but it’s quite a team for raids. It can solo the Rancor and post a high of 6M in P2 of HAAT (heroic). Just some food for thought.
  • I definitely want to add FOE. He can be tough in Arena and I know he can put up insane damage in raids.