About this road ahead/state of the galaxy post (whenever it comes)

13Next

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Uh... I love Ships 2.0. I’d call it a success... and that’s from someone who was getting #1 in fleet arena regularly. Always top 5 before ships arena and dropped a few slots after it. (They nerfed my best guys). But there is so much more variety of ships now that can dominate in my albeit young shard. I just hope we get Grievous rework/capital ship. Followed by a Resistance Capital Ship Followed by a First order capital ship... that are all more balanced so not everyone is running thrawn with the same 5 ships... anyone who thought everyone running Thrawn with the same 5 ships was a better ships format is just bitter their team got nerfed.

Spoken as someone who was largely maxed out before the change.

It's as if the testing of 2.0 only involved G12 characters and 7* ships. The underlying parts are broken badly. You can't beat challenges you need to get mats for those ships as they're way overpowered. But those are largely the comments i've seen across the boards. The people OK with it are the ones who had their fleets up there. There was a guy saying he had a 250k fleet and couldn't get the 5* executrix which is 'supposedly' set up for 4* ships of lvl 75...

It'd be nice if it involved some strategy of some sort, but it seems to have devolved into who goes first anymore. I'll take strategy over pure RNG any day, but short of gunning it out in maxed fleets, there isn't much of it.

Let’s not turn this into a Ships 2.0 debate.

I would expect to see a Road Ahead sometime soon.
  • The problem with updates in this game is that they come out like a slow bleed... marquee character here, marquee character there, hotfixk minor update, marquee character release. It’s extremely boring and slow. I’d rather them come out with a big update and bug patches with a few new characters every three months or so. At least that would allow us to work on those new characters and try out new mechanics without wondering how we’re going to get screwed in a month.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Before worrying about the future they should address what's wrong in the present.

Part of their future plans are always how to fix present problems over time. Additionally there is no such thing as perfection. We would never get any new content of any kind ever if we had to wait for there to be zero problems. Then the game would die.

Cheers. Next time I need something obvious to be explained to me I know who to turn to.

Then don't say obviously silly things that don't reflect the possession of any common sense.

It's obviously silly to suggest they do more to fix the growing discontent in this game before worrying about shiny new toys? How is that not common sense.

There is always some discontent. Do you have proof its worse than normal, or are you just being bitter, and overvaluing your personal experience?

Either way I already told you why you're wrong. The game will never, ever, ever be fixed perfectly. And they need to make money to pay people to fix things which they do by adding new things. So if you want there to be no game anymore then we can do it your way. Or they can keep doing what's kept the game going for 2.5 years which fix a little, and add a little at the same time.

Funny that you had to make a snarky comment about that being obvious, but you still didn't get it.

I'll admit $13,000,00 a month is a shoestring budget with which to cobble together SWGOH...

You think you can keep a staff of 60-70 people including highly skilled programmers, and engineers employed full time on $7-8 per hour? You think that they would be permitted to keep using the Star Wars brand without turning a profit that justifies exclusive rights to that brand? Is shutting down the part of the business that makes money until a completely impossible goal is reach first a reasonable expectation?

Ummm lets put that in perspective. Thats 8x more a month than your average Home Depot. They employ over 200 and have a footprint the size of 4 football fields. Pretty sure HD is doing just fine, and i am pretty sure CG is doing way more than just fine. Pretty sure they can afford a guy to fix bugs that have been around since, I dunno, LAUNCH. Lets not be silly.

Because computer programmers will work for the same pay as a Home Depot checkout clerk? I'm certain the game makes great money. Sorry that's so offensive to everyone.

They have fixed hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of bugs big and small. And have a constant running list of which current known bugs which is weighted according to what's worst, and what's easiest to fix, and so on. Sorry that's not good enough I suppose. They have a responsibility to keep working on those things considering how much money the game makes. All I'm saying is that stopping the profit making portion of the job until it's perfect (which is impossible, and will never happen) is an unreasonable demand.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    And it's a demand nobody has made.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

Except you.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Except you.

Not once, but whatever helps.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Before worrying about the future they should address what's wrong in the present.

Part of their future plans are always how to fix present problems over time. Additionally there is no such thing as perfection. We would never get any new content of any kind ever if we had to wait for there to be zero problems. Then the game would die.

Cheers. Next time I need something obvious to be explained to me I know who to turn to.

Then don't say obviously silly things that don't reflect the possession of any common sense.

It's obviously silly to suggest they do more to fix the growing discontent in this game before worrying about shiny new toys? How is that not common sense.

There is always some discontent. Do you have proof its worse than normal, or are you just being bitter, and overvaluing your personal experience?

Either way I already told you why you're wrong. The game will never, ever, ever be fixed perfectly. And they need to make money to pay people to fix things which they do by adding new things. So if you want there to be no game anymore then we can do it your way. Or they can keep doing what's kept the game going for 2.5 years which fix a little, and add a little at the same time.

Funny that you had to make a snarky comment about that being obvious, but you still didn't get it.

I'll admit $13,000,00 a month is a shoestring budget with which to cobble together SWGOH...

You think you can keep a staff of 60-70 people including highly skilled programmers, and engineers employed full time on $7-8 per hour? You think that they would be permitted to keep using the Star Wars brand without turning a profit that justifies exclusive rights to that brand? Is shutting down the part of the business that makes money until a completely impossible goal is reach first a reasonable expectation?

Ummm lets put that in perspective. Thats 8x more a month than your average Home Depot. They employ over 200 and have a footprint the size of 4 football fields. Pretty sure HD is doing just fine, and i am pretty sure CG is doing way more than just fine. Pretty sure they can afford a guy to fix bugs that have been around since, I dunno, LAUNCH. Lets not be silly.

Because computer programmers will work for the same pay as a Home Depot checkout clerk? I'm certain the game makes great money. Sorry that's so offensive to everyone.

They have fixed hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of bugs big and small. And have a constant running list of which current known bugs which is weighted according to what's worst, and what's easiest to fix, and so on. Sorry that's not good enough I suppose. They have a responsibility to keep working on those things considering how much money the game makes. All I'm saying is that stopping the profit making portion of the job until it's perfect (which is impossible, and will never happen) is an unreasonable demand.

No, but they would work for the 100k + bonus a store manager makes, or 70k + bonus of an assistant. Again, they make 8x more, have 70% less staff and their footprint is basically nothing.
    HD pays 40k a month just to electricity. There is zero reason to stink at communication and bug fixes. Zero.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Way to go and stay off topic. Closing.

This discussion has been closed.