gmy in SHR

I have a question about team comp for P1

it seems the ideal comp is gmy (L), HY, ezra, and then visas and a 5th

1) do you use flourish w/ ezra on DN? I have seen advice saying use his basic so you dont cleanse his buffs allowing gmy to re-copy them, this will also allow 1 less zeta for ezra and only using on an add to inc his turns to allow more use of the ability to call an ally. w/out flourish, it seems his damage output is significantly reduced

2) do you need a jedi in the 5 th spot. seems like FAT or even FOX or any other hard hitting toon may work better than qgj or jka who both seem to do lack luster dps. I feel like ashoka will do more than jka and I do not have Aayla yet

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    1) Flourish is there as a way to get more TM for Ezra. Zeta gets an extra 25%.. determine your worth.
    2) An extra Jedi means extra TM for GMY, which means more assists from Visas. GQJ or Aayla also has assist attacks, which can either mean more TM (more dmg) or more dmg (for more dmg).
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    1) Flourish is there as a way to get more TM for Ezra. Zeta gets an extra 25%.. determine your worth.
    2) An extra Jedi means extra TM for GMY, which means more assists from Visas. GQJ or Aayla also has assist attacks, which can either mean more TM (more dmg) or more dmg (for more dmg).

but flourish only on adds or also on DN? seems by using gmy to just attack an add below 50% health you can get the offense up back and eventually regenerate the buffs while using fourish to attack DN.

also, how does an extra jedi give more TM to GMY? I though he gains TM when using his basic on enemy with > 50% health

thanks for the reply though
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

but flourish only on adds or also on DN? seems by using gmy to just attack an add below 50% health you can get the offense up back and eventually regenerate the buffs while using fourish to attack DN.

also, how does an extra jedi give more TM to GMY? I though he gains TM when using his basic on enemy with > 50% health

There will be many turns where the adds are defeated as GMY will be churning out TM for himself and taking turn after turn. Also, taking those extra attacks on the adds every 3 turns takes a lot of turns away from GMY hitting Nihilus, he will be doing more damage than Ezra will, especially if DN is always above 50% health as the TM gain is great.

As for the extra jedi giving GMY more TM, Battle Meditation gives Yoda more TM for each living Jedi ally, so Yoda will be able to go more quickly after spreading the buffs.

Also with Aayla/QGJ they are constantly calling assists, and you've got a 25% chance that it will be GMY which will feed his TM gain. ATF might be a suitable option purely for DPS, but you'd have to make her very fast to keep up with the Jedi. She also won't get any bonuses from the leader ability. She also won't get the extra TM from Hoda's basic.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

There will be many turns where the adds are defeated as GMY will be churning out TM for himself and taking turn after turn. Also, taking those extra attacks on the adds every 3 turns takes a lot of turns away from GMY hitting Nihilus, he will be doing more damage than Ezra will, especially if DN is always above 50% health as the TM gain is great.

As for the extra jedi giving GMY more TM, Battle Meditation gives Yoda more TM for each living Jedi ally, so Yoda will be able to go more quickly after spreading the buffs.

Also with Aayla/QGJ they are constantly calling assists, and you've got a 25% chance that it will be GMY which will feed his TM gain. ATF might be a suitable option purely for DPS, but you'd have to make her very fast to keep up with the Jedi. She also won't get any bonuses from the leader ability. She also won't get the extra TM from Hoda's basic.

okay. thanks a lot. I think even if qgj is low on dps his assist ability may make up for it if he calls anybody but HY, as it wont show on "his" dps.

I just wish jka did not suck so hard. I've had him on g12 for a while (no g12 pieces though) and he really seems lack luster compared to where he was at when he was old meta. qgj is g11 and I dont have Aayal at 7*, so was hoping to use a more powerful toon than the effort for the above 3 jedi. seems like qgj is probably the easiest choice

... but would you recommend flourish on adds only? Nukin's video had him hitting DN but warrior's video that did 12% had only hitting adds. just seems like a lot of basic's if ezra keeps NOT using fourish on DN.

it was weird that warrior video rec'ed speed mods on ezra. I thought that would be a CD/CC no brainer.
  • I have a question about team comp for P1

1) do you use flourish w/ ezra on DN? I have seen advice saying use his basic so you dont cleanse his buffs allowing gmy to re-copy them, this will also allow 1 less zeta for ezra and only using on an add to inc his turns to allow more use of the ability to call an ally. w/out flourish, it seems his damage output is significantly reduced

2) do you need a jedi in the 5 th spot. seems like FAT or even FOX or any other hard hitting toon may work better than qgj or jka who both seem to do lack luster dps. I feel like ashoka will do more than jka and I do not have Aayla yet

I'd say gk woukd probably be your best 5th. He can call the whole team to assist as long as they are buffed, which they usually are. He's a jedi so he feeds tm just like any other jedi. And he dies more dmg that quigon. I'd also think fett may do well since nihlas is constantly stealing a ton of buffs. Execute with masters training and a dozen or so buffs on nihilas is bound to do massive damage. Whether it is enough to make up for assists, is hard to tell.
  • I have a question about team comp for P1

I'd say gk woukd probably be your best 5th. He can call the whole team to assist as long as they are buffed, which they usually are. He's a jedi so he feeds tm just like any other jedi. And he dies more dmg that quigon. I'd also think fett may do well since nihlas is constantly stealing a ton of buffs. Execute with masters training and a dozen or so buffs on nihilas is bound to do massive damage. Whether it is enough to make up for assists, is hard to tell.

that is a great thought ... but kind of wish i just didnt level qgj, lol

but i need gk if i'm going to still try my gk/sabine/wampa and HY (if he escapes) team in p2.

boba execute has same issues with ezra ... do we steal the buffs from DN or let them stick so GMY can copy them again w/out having to attack an add to get the offense up. It's hard to burn the zeta on ezra for only extra TM gain on an add ...
  • At least with boba he does massive dmg fir dispelling them. And I think nihilas gains them back fast enough to have that not be a problem. I tried gmy, hoda, gk, boba, and luminara in p5 and got boba to execute for 120k. That's higher than Ezra on his flourish so probably worth it. I want to eventually switch out luminara for Ezra but my hoda is too squishy to be a great healer on his own at the moment. But on a bad run where two characters got anhilated early, I got 1 mil dmg.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    And there are other options other than gk. But I'd think he's more needed in p1 than p2. Replacing him im p2 woukd be easier. Maybe with sion? Though you may need a new leader too.