4th attempt at Thrawn

Hi All, I'm about to have my 4th attempt at Thrawn in a couple of weeks when he is released again and i wanted some advice on if my current Phoenix team look like they can beat 7* Thrawn. I am willing to put any of the mods i have on my other characters onto my phoenix team but I'm not sure which (if any) are good for the Phoenix team? Also do i stick with Chopper or put a little more into Sabine? Thanks!

Replies

• Taipan
    13 posts Member
    I beat it with the team that more undergeared then yours, but took about 25-th tries. So, you have a chance.
  • If you have any left I'd Omega Choppers basic

When modding them aim for as much speed as possible, Ezra, Hera, Zeb, Chopper, Kanan being the priority order.

Aim to give Kanan as much Health/Protection as possible so he can taunt and take the fracture and Zeb as much Potency as possible to land as many stuns as possible (keep calling Zeb with Hera/Ezra assists)
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    i beat it in the 2nd try and i had less gear than you, so with the right mods you should be good.

this was how fast they were: Hera 182, Ezra 214, Kanaan 153, Zeb 179, Chopper 224
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    For all things good, please do not omega Chopper's basic. Don't waste those resources.

Your team will be fine as is. Just throw some good mods on them.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You earn enough to Omega a skill in less than a week. If it makes the fight easier and makes them better in other areas of the game then go for it. An increased chance to reduce cooldowns and more effectiveness in synergy with droids? Worth it.

My only rule is I don't Omega +15% damage as THAT is not really worth it until you literally have omegas burning holes in your pockets. So my advice would be DON'T Omega Hera's basic.
  • Mods with focus on speed, and if everyone is gear 9 or so you will be good. i did it. and i took a bunch of attempts to win, so dont feel bad
  • How did it take you more than 1-2? I get not being prepared for one, then maybe under starred for 2, but after that you should have known what you were going into and had 3+ months to fix it.

Yes, you will beat it this time unless you have terrible mods.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Swap your arena mods on you Phoenix team, and you’ll be fine
  • cboath7
    459 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    This will be my second attempt and i'm nervous a bit. However, i've made a sizable jump.

First time i was 76 with Ezra at maybe 9? Could have been 8. maybe 2 were 8 and 2 were 7, zero omegas.

Now, 85. Ezra could be 11 by then, Zeb 10, the rest 9 and all specialed omega'd. I think ezra is only short a zeta and everyone has a total of 2 omega's minimum.

Mods could be faster, but I have a a 242 leia and a 210 R2 to pull speed from :)

Quite honestly, they weren't my main target in the interim either. I did focus them to omega the shared specials, but that was it. In the meantime i've built up empire and my CLS team. So, if I can do it hopefully on take 2, you should be able to do it on this round.
  • People beats him with all characters at gear VIII, so I think you'll suceed! I'll try it too.
    Do or don't there is no try
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    In lieu of all the technicalities and details, I'll hit ya with the bottom line.

For 7 star Thrawn you need:

Level 85, gear 8, all abilities omega'd (none zeta'd), and mods that focus on PROTECTION!! I can't stress that last detail enough for you. I too tried the Thrawn event a long while ago multiple times with higher speed Phoenix toons and lost due to not enough protection to absorb the hit of Thrawns Fracture ability. While speed is somewhat important for this event, it's not the most important thing... PROTECTION is. Try getting the mods with a 23.5% protection primary stat. Due that several times and you'll fly by the event with ease. Take a look if you want at my Phoenix toons. (I've done literally nothing to them after defeating the event months ago.) Notice that I didn't use Sabine either. ;) Good luck and MTFBWY! :smiley: Feel free to pm me if ya want. :) Joe
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kyjoe cool/collection/?f=phoenix

Forgot to copy/paste that. LOL sorry! Haha :sweat_smile:;)@Karlmau5
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Thanks for the advice guys, I have finished maxing abilities with Ezra (apart from Zeta), i have finished maxing abilities with Hera (apart from Zeta), i have maxed all but Choppers 2nd ability, I should be able to max all Zebs abilities but his Zeta and max all Kanans abilities but Zeta. I have around 20 decenty looking mods bought for around 3 mill with secondary speed on them to upgrade and then ill have a look and put on what will be the most usable mods to each respective phoenix toon even if they come off my arena team (which i need to revisit anyway). Ill have a look at your set up @KyJoe_Cool

In answer to your question @darthjeary i understand exactly what your saying but I've been focusing on all event characters around the same time as appose to just focusing on one and then moving onto the next. I now have:

CLS 7* (G12, Zetad)
    R2 7* (G12, 2 Zeta)
    Palpatine (G10)
    BB8 7* (G8)
    Thrawn 6* (G7)

Ive also been working on my rebel team which i know have pretty much done for the time being once i get Biggs to G12 later today. And my resources have been going into farming Vet Han and Vet Chewie for Rey (JT). I have Vet Han nearly 7* and then need to try get Vet Chewie to 7* before Rey comes back out.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Kanan at g9 will make things easy, especially with prot mods.

Zeb requires 60% potency. Else you will literally restart hundred of times till the debuff actually sticks. You will want to remove turnmeter on one deathtrooper and stick daze on Thrawn.

Zeb doesnt need g9, as he is a tank without damage (unless zeta'd).

50 - 60 speed mods on ezra/hera and chopper fastest (has high base speed) and its a fly through. I have done it with 76 w/o any omegas and skill mix 3-6. You will do it! :)
  • What if I used Sabine instead of Zeb? Because her shards are pretty easier to farm than Zeb.
    Or should I farm Zeb shards? He is 3 star and the other Phoenix are 6 star plus, and I never had problem with that team to get Thrawn. Thanks
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    You earn enough to Omega a skill in less than a week. If it makes the fight easier and makes them better in other areas of the game then go for it. An increased chance to reduce cooldowns and more effectiveness in synergy with droids? Worth it.

My only rule is I don't Omega +15% damage as THAT is not really worth it until you literally have omegas burning holes in your pockets. So my advice would be DON'T Omega Hera's basic.

Am I the only one confused by this??? You want to be using omegas on the +15% dmg output skills. Not worthless ones like Chopper's basic. My goodness.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @MajesticMoose41

If you're using Chopper outside of Phoenix then yes, omega his basic. Hera is not the damage dealer in Phoenix, so unless you have 5 omegas sitting around and have already Omega'd everything else on the squad, no I wouldn't Omega her basic.

For example, compare Hera's basic to say Zeb or Ezra, or a few outside examples of Ahsoka's basic and FOX's special:

+15% damage for 5 omegas (3-5 days of farming)

Vs

- 40 to 80% double attack chance (+100% damage essentially)
    - +30% damage against debuffed enemies
    - +15 damage AND +10% heal (Ahsoka)
    - +30% damage overall (FOX)

Those are all worth 5 omegas. Personally I think +15% damage should only be 3 omegas as at earlier tiers the same is accomplished with combos of colored ability mats only (1 run on an ability mat challenge).
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    For the Thrawn event, you want to be doing as much dmg as possible. Ezra being #1 obviously, Hera can easily be the 2nd biggest dmg dealer, even bigger than Zeb since she can expose. Chopper's basic does not help in the Thrawn event. You want Kanan's unique maxed and Chopper's unique maxed. Everyone else can have 7s for the rest of their abilities.

Idk why you're listing other omegas outside of Phoenix here. This is about the Thrawn event. Chopper's basic gives 10% extra chance. So 50 to 60% chance. Not worth it. I'll take the extra 15% extra dmg that Hera can put out during the event.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    All I was saying was that if omegas are scarce while you're prepping for the event then choose where you apply them based on overall usefulness. If you intend to use Phoenix later etc etc. Doing 15% damage on Hera's attack or, on having a much faster Chopper reduce all cooldowns on an ally? I'll go with cooldowns.

Also forgot to mention Kanan's basic which essentially guarantees offence down if your team is hurting, regardless of tenacity.... Easily worth 5 omegas.

We're arguing personal preference, all he's asking for is advice. So we're offering two sides of the same coin.

Personal preference to not waste omegas on abilities that won't necessarily make or break the event, or are an exceptional waste of resources compared to others. I was providing examples of useful/high reward omegas to provide overall guidance on what to spend them on, even moving forward in the game with other toons. That is all.

It's generally accepted that if you have even decent mods, level 80, minimum G8, and uniques Omega'd you should clear the 7* Thrawn. Maybe not easily, but RNG should reward you over the course of the 7 event days.
  • You need a tank on your arena team - and once you seven star Thrawn you can run Titans (either GK if you have him or OB if you don't, both work). Should be able to climb the ranks a bit there, assuming you're an October'ish start.

I know the Vets are a requirement and Rey is an awesome character, but you really need to work on your speed secondaries if you want to improve your arena standing. You have a handful of good mods (including that +20 cross, woot woot!) But, in general, you should be at a minimum of +80 for every arena character.

Better rank means more crystals means more refreshes means faster vets. Just a thought.