What character would work best on a hybrid team?

I already have 4 of 5 characters picked out for my hybrid arena team and was wonder which of these would work best on any line up.

What character would work best on a hybrid team? 24 votes

Kylo Ren
37%
EricsonXSTRIKEBOMBDarthEarthCahhmaktRigglerDrazharLordOfAzkabanSithTrio_PORtfx 9 votes
Boba Fett
29%
ReyCharlesMary_Poppins_7Rhunnemcshantbeasttx1985BubbaFettMagicMatthews99 7 votes
Other (please specify what characters)
33%
SarcodinoBulYwifOnEMesSduPKiDKyJoe_CoolLoyKiAdiMonteJediRobbthedrjojo 8 votes

Replies

• YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Who are the other 4?
  • Thrawn on a hybrid?? Personally I'm not a big fan of Thrawn, I have him on my Empire team but that's about it. I don't really consider him to be the best character on my team because his damage out put is so low. But I will try it out.
  • @YKMisfit: Zader lead, Gamorrean guard, zWampa, and plan on running shore trooper for now until I get Sith trooper.
  • I have Thrawn at G9 and wasn't impressed so I stopped wasting good gear on someone I wasn't impressed in.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I have Thrawn at G9 and wasn't impressed so I stopped wasting good gear on someone I wasn't impressed in.

That's the first time I have heard anyone say that.
  • Thrawn on a hybrid?? Personally I'm not a big fan of Thrawn, I have him on my Empire team but that's about it. I don't really consider him to be the best character on my team because his damage out put is so low. But I will try it out.

Thrawn is the best, most versatile, toon the game. Go check the meta report on SWGOH.gg and see how many of the best Arena teams use him. I used him on my CLS led team, and now I use him on my JTR led team. He’s also on my Pit and HAAT teams.

• He’s second only to Palpatine in the number being used in Top 10 teams right now.
  • Would Thrawn work good on defense if I ran a Zader lead, zWampa, Gamorrean guard, Sith trooper, and Thrawn?
  • The question you should be asking is who you could put in instead of gamorrean guard. On that team I might put Sid or Boba for dots
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Would Thrawn work good on defense if I ran a Zader lead, zWampa, Gamorrean guard, Sith trooper, and Thrawn?

TMR on basic under Zader, and his special. he is also handled quite well by the AI and will lock down a toon.

protection restore and cleansing.

all signs point to yes. with Sith trooper you also want to look at getting another sith on the team. keeps him buffed.
  • Thank you all for the advice! I will try out Thrawn on my Bleed to Death team. Thanks!
  • Other (please specify what characters)
    Thrawn is arguably the best character in the game my man lol. So use him, his fracture is literally game changing. Aside from that, it’s hard to tell you which character without knowing who’s in your team.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Personally I looove Thrawn. He's one of the best toons ingame and he's on many of the top metas ingame which is probably why he is on my arena team.
    I have Thrawn at G9 and wasn't impressed so I stopped wasting good gear on someone I wasn't impressed in.

Try taking him to gear 12 @BlackHawk75k That's what I have him at. And get his speed above 210. You don't even need a zeta on him and he's still a beast. Trust me. You'll see. ;)
    Thrawn on a hybrid?? Personally I'm not a big fan of Thrawn, I have him on my Empire team but that's about it. I don't really consider him to be the best character on my team because his damage out put is so low. But I will try it out.

Thrawn is the best, most versatile, toon the game. Go check the meta report on SWGOH.gg and see how many of the best Arena teams use him. I used him on my CLS led team, and now I use him on my JTR led team. He’s also on my Pit and HAAT teams.

Same here @Val_Galahadred :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • How do you have so many good characters yet decided on gamorrean guard? Legit curious how he ended up in your squad.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    How do you have so many good characters yet decided on gamorrean guard? Legit curious how he ended up in your squad.

Same here my friend. Same here. Lol. I have no idea why. No idea. No lie. :sweat_smile:@Hoffman72510
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Other (please specify what characters)
    I love Fulcrum Ahsoka because she can have some massive damage with her Whirlwind ability (especially when it’s zeta-ed), she has decent health and protection, and her Meditate ability gives her Foresight and Retribution for two turns when maxed out. Due to her unique Perseverance, she heals for 5% for each buff on her, and her basic attack gives her and another ally 40% bonus protection. This constant source of bonus protection, in combination with Retribution, makes it possible for Fulcrum Ahsoka to beat near full squads on her own. Her main weakness is debuff cleansing characters that can get rid of her Retribution.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    That's my favourite part of the team. I love it when people try to use unconventional toons. I've been wanting to get him for a while, but just couldn't justify him getting priority over most of the other toons in the Guild Store.
  • BlackHawk75k
    81 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I chose Gamorrean guard because he is a tank who applies 2 DoTs on his basic attack and when he taunts he has retribution while he is taunting, he has the most base health of any character in the game, and with the right mods he could be a nightmare on my Bleed to Death team.
    Post edited by BlackHawk75k on
  • I chose Gamorrean guard because he is a tank who applies 2 DoTs on his basic attack and when he taunts he has retribution while he is taunting, he has the most base health of any character in the game, and with the right mods he could be a nightmare on my Bleed to Death team.

You’ll probably want to start working on other options for a future Tank. GG is in the bottom 10% of toons in the game.
  • That's because nobody has figured out how to use him right............ Till now!
  • Loy
    27 posts Member
    With your team, Nihilus could do. He inflicts dot with his passive, benefits from Zader lead, and if you run Sith Trooper, he can get him taunt, too.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I'd drop shoretrooper, add in tusken shaman and boba fett.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Loy wrote: »
    With your team, Nihilus could do. He inflicts dot with his passive, benefits from Zader lead, and if you run Sith Trooper, he can get him taunt, too.

This. Nihilus with Sith trooper as tank and even Sidious.