So who should I use with my ZFinn?

EricsonX
703 posts Member
I have all the main Resistance people at 7 stars, G8 or 9, save Holdo/Rose/JTR. So...who goes best with ZFinn?

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    What game mode?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Any and all.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Don't use them in arena on defense. At all.

Poe and RT are musts. Pilot is the only other who can expose so is a strong choice for fourth spot. Fifth spot is probably R2 unless you need him on another team.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    I’ve been using Holdo with zFinn and have been pleasantly surprised at how well she works on the team.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    OP said no Holdo though.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Sorry. Poor reading abilities.

Well if you are not using Holdo in arena or on TW defense, she can still be viable on offense at 3* as long as she is geared up. Undergeared zFinn teams can do very well in TB and on offense for TW.

As for the toons you have at 7*, TVF covered it all.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    No love for Rey Mark 1 one?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    She doesn't expose, and R2 brings more utility.
  • I’m currently using zFinn, Poe, Trooper, Rey and BB8. I’ll try R2 and Pilot (when I upgrade his spells), but this team already makes me enjoy the Galactic Wars like never before. Rey doesn’t expose, but puts a lot of damage on the team. BB8 is detachable, but illuminated destiny on Tank AAT phase 2 makes the numbers.
    Try different combinations and stick with whatever makes you enjoy the most.
  • Finns mother holdo obviously
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    I'm liking using R2 as my fifth, mainly because if I have a bunch of Exposed enemies from Poe's taunt, one decent Burning across the board can pretty much make it so Poe's next turn he can taunt again,and just keep going with the Exposes.
  • Each game mode does require (okay, require might be too strong of a word here) a bit of a different lineup.

For Light Side Territory Battles and Territory Wars I use:

zFinn, Poe, Resistance Trooper, Resistance Pilot, and Scavenger Rey. Rey doesn't have an Expose, but she hits real hard against opposing toons that have been exposed, and is still worth while on the team. She also gets to hit pretty much constantly with her specials, due to the cool-down reduction, so constantly hits like a truck.

this setup allows me to then also use a second (mostly) Resistance team consisting of:

Jedi Training Rey, BB-8, R2D2, +2. The +2 depends on whether it's a TB or a TW.

For the HAAT, at the beginning of Phase 2, I'll use:

zFinn, Poe, Resistance Trooper, Scavenger Rey and BB-8.

I'll attack until the tank has about 8 turns left until Enrage, then will start trying to Escape BB-8, so I can use him for another team later.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    Finn/Poe/Trooper will always be your base for making the Expose train go, with your very best speed mods on Poe, getting his AOE off early if not first is pretty crucial.

The others can be traded in and out on a case by case basis, but usually R2 (number crunch is amazing for getting your exposes to land, and while not AS important in a zFinn Line, Combat analysis is a worthy addition as well) is one of your best options in PVP, no Expose himself but a stun on basic, and Burning can save your run if your existing exposes get hidden behind stealth or a taunting tank. Smoke screen is great for damage mitigation, avoiding counter attacks, or if you choose to run them in AAT phase 3.

Resistance Pilot is your other exposer, with Expose percent chance on a low cooldown special, and hits pretty hard. Still has a place in raid lineups, but I think has mostly been eclipsed by,

BB8. This little guy is amazing (and his zetas are both good - Roll with the punches will punish direct attacks against him and AOE attacks with a double tap, which has a chance to call trooper for another Expose, and only gets better once you eventually unlock Rey Jedi Training. Self preservation protocol can really keep both bb8 and R2 in the fight if it turns into a slog, as both droids have pretty minimal health steal.), Not especially as a direct damage dealer (but his counterattack’s can add up) but as a force multiplier. Illuminated Destiny is the ultimate buff king, regents protection, and it also AOE Exposes to help keep the train going. Despite that 70 turn cooldown, it should be going off every 3rd or fourth turn with all the specials and Exposes.

For TB, you can run (I usually do the bottom) 6/6 through every phase with ease the core 3 and pilot/bb8 (or scavenger Rey, but she really does work better under RJT lead), as you will usually want your R2 to supplement a Rebel team.

They run okay in heroic rancor, core 3 and pilot/bb8 will take phase 1 and most of phase 2 (closest I’ve gotten was 13% left in P2) by themselves. But that same line up will do around half of HAAT phase 2, or the last third of P3 and all of phase 4 (just don’t run them in phase 1!)

Sith raid though, they are not very good at all (until you get RJT). The bosses all get that stacking tenacity, so your Expose train will never get off the ground, and at the end of the day, they are pretty squishy characters who don’t throw out that much damage by themselves.