Flash Events: Can We Have Them Back? Redux

HK22
645 posts Member
(I think I accidentally edited by previous thread into oblivion, hence the repost).

One of the more novel ideas that has fallen off the radar are the timed Flash Events. As I remember, they only released two of them: the Luke Skywalker one and Phoenix. These were nifty little extra events that had premade characters in Luke's case and required different set-ups in Phoenix's case. I do remember some griping because of timing and all that, but these events could be brought back as a fun diversion that allows us to use characters we would not normally use because of meta.

For Example:
Flash Event: A Day in the Life of a CUP
Notes: Stages 1-4 use Premade characters and teams, Mythic uses the players.

Stage 1:
Help CUP arrest some smugglers and chase the elusive Mob Enforcer who has stolen stun guns across Courscant.

Stage 2:
Mob Enforcer has left for Tatoonine with her Gamorean and Tuskan henchmen. Take the law into your own hands by joining forces with the Jawas to get back those stun guns.

Stage 3:
Mob Enforcer has sent Bounty Hunters to stop you on Cloud City. Join forces with Lobot-like characterand Uggy the Ugnaught to keep pursuing your mark.

Stage 4:
CUP has found the Enforcers hideout on Yavin and her cache of stun guns. Calling in an elite Clone Unit led by Captain Rex, they will take back the stun guns for the glory of the Republic.

Stage 5: Mythic (Requires 7 Star CUP)
The final showdown. CUP vs Mob Enforcer where it all began.

Rewards: Stun Guns, CUP and Mob Enforcer Shards
Title: Law Bringer (Complete Mythic)

Like I said, that was just an example. It could be fun to do a Ship Flash Event where you have to fight a Corellian Corvette/Gozanti/Ariquitens class crusier similar to the AT-ST event.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yeah, they were supposed to be the Advanced tactics events but they too have went to the back burner. a little bummed
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Why not leave this on the main page, where it could be discussed and ideas generated? Most of the topics in general discussion have been beaten beyond the point of death.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    this is feedback about the events/events structure
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Is there any way it could be modified into an actual discussion topic? Mostly, I just wanted people to have fun and create fun ideas for this type of event or a new type event in the vein of this one. I do understand how it could be perceived as feedback, but my intention was just a lively discussion on something different. I do understand if that is not possible and I appreciate the time for your response. @Kyno